hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I'm really interested to see how he is does. I think he play style doesn't suite Scotland. Someone like Gauld springs to mind who's had a decent career in Portugal but didn't look much in his time at Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    is there any footage of his goal in his first match for Yeni Malatyaspor anywhere ? link ?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm really interested to see how he is does. I think he play style doesn't suite Scotland. Someone like Gauld springs to mind who's had a decent career in Portugal but didn't look much in his time at Hibs.
    Yeah, I think I agree.

Mallan frustrated because he clearly has something but I reckon the weaknesses in his game will be exposed too much in Scotland (and England for that matter).

He might find himself very much at home somewhere with a different style of play.

I've found it hard to be critical of him because effort and attitude don't seem to be a problem and he occasionally does very good things indeed. I've just never seen him part of a midfield that played well enough - almost every time he got the start folk were screaming out for he played badly and as a team we struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Good to see that Jack Ross is keeping in touch with him.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...r-loan-3128334
    Good read that. Good stuff from Ross.

Good to see that Jack Ross is keeping in touch with him.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...r-loan-3128334
    All very sensible

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    is there any footage of his goal in his first match for Yeni Malatyaspor anywhere ? link ?
    https://twitter.com/ccp_sport/status...221071360?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If we manage to keep a hold of Jackson Irvine then Hallberg is toast too, and I say that as someone who likes him and thinks he's had a very good season.

Competition right now, particularly in midfield, is red hot. If we can add a striker in the summer and another CB/RB then there's not a position on the field that is without competition. Our dip in form coincided with injuries that meant certain players were a guaranteed start, and also worn out at the same time.

I don't think it's coincidental that the return of competition to be, quite frankly, even on the bench, has resulted in a big upturn in form and playing style.
    The contracts of mifielders Mallan, Allan & Hallberg are all up in May 2022.
    They could all be toast in the next 15 months. Hallberg has been the only 1 of the 3 to be played regularly by Ross this season
    Decisions will be made based on how useful they are to the team against their wage, whether we can get cash for them etc.
    Jack Ross does things the right way but is pragmatic and ruthless so although Scott Allan is a fans favourite he is struggling for game time and if that continues for the rest of the season he could remain a peripheral figure.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-02-2021 at 12:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The contracts of mifielders Mallan, Allan & Hallberg are all up in May 2022.
    They could all be toast in the next 15 months. Hallberg has been the only 1 of the 3 to be played regularly by Ross this season
    Decisions will be made based on how useful they are to the team against their wage, whether we can get cash for them etc.
    Jack Ross does things the right way but is pragmatic and ruthless so although Scott Allan is a fans favourite he is struggling for game time and if that continues for the rest of the season he could remain a peripheral figure.

Scott hasn’t been fit to play this season!

If we stick with this 3-5-2 ish formation then there is a clear role for him in the team, battling with Murphy for that advanced midfield slot.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Scott hasn’t been fit to play this season!

If we stick with this 3-5-2 ish formation then there is a clear role for him in the team, battling with Murphy for that advanced midfield slot.
    It will be interesting to see if Ross plays him ahead of Newell, Hallberg etc if the present guys are injured or lose form and whether Murphy stays fit.
    The team was fit and really well balanced on Saturday which is what Ross has been building towards.
    It looks like a team that can win all it's games before the split.
    However, there have to be doubts over Gogic and Irvine for Saturday which will leave a place or places in the midfield.

Antalyaspor v Yeni Malatyaspor at 4pm

Wee Stevie's on the bench.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post

Well this is going well for him????

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well this is going well for him????
    Making a fortune, in the sun, to do what he was doing here anyway. I’d say it was going extremely well.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Making a fortune, in the sun, to do what he was doing here anyway. I’d say it was going extremely well.
    I very much doubt he's making a fortune, but he will be enjoying the sunbathing

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Mallan moved because he was struggling to get on the pitch at Hibs. Hopefully he does well and gets himself into the starting 11 over in Turkey.

He still hopes to establish himself at Hibs but he’s obviously dropped way down the pecking order at Hibs and is rightly looking to broaden his football horizons and experience something beyond the game over here and down south. Good lad for taking a chance.

He’s got ability but lacks the athletic qualities needed to play for a side aspiring to a top 3 finish here. I would guess that Mallan’s future lies away from ER.

Rumour has it he’s on far more than he was making it Hibs over there.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If he's enjoying sunbathing, he's one tough cookie.

It's probably warmer here than in Istanbul just now.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    That's the rumour now, right enough
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post

Finished 1-1. Mallan came on in the 88th minute. Put 2 crosses in, 1 from a corner and 1 from a free kick, and neither beat the 1st man.

Had problems with my stream near the end of the game and suddenly when it came up in added time I saw Mallan standing over a free kick from the wing.
    His teammates lined up in the box only to see the Mallan free kick cut out and the opposition breaking away towards Mallans wing where a Hansen and Miller moment occurred between Mallan and a teammate with an opposition player. Only difference is the teammate took one for the team and took out the opposition player as he headed for goal. The free kick almost resulted in a goal with a header just past the post. Very fortunate for Mallan that he didn't lose the game for his team. His new teams version of hibs.net would have been in melt down with Mohammed and Abdul offering to drive him to the airport
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 15-02-2021 at 05:12 PM.

He is a Hibs player and is on loan to the team in Turkey.
    He will continue to receive his usual wage from Hibs and the Turkish team will pay an agreed fee to Hibs for his services.
    That fee may or may not cover all of his wages and may or may not be worth more than that.
    Mallan can only make more money if the Turkish team take up their option to buy him at the end of the season and the wage they have agreed with Mallan before the loan started kicks in.
    As things stand he has switched the Hibs bench for his new teams bench so unlikely they will take up the option as things stand at this early stage.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 15-02-2021 at 05:28 PM.

He is a Hibs player and is on loan to the team in Turkey.
    He will continue to receive his usual wage from Hibs and the Turkish team will pay an agreed fee to Hibs for his services.
    That fee may or may not cover all of his wages and may or may not be worth more than that.
    Mallan can only make more money if the Turkish team take up their option to buy him at the end of the season and the wage they have agreed with Mallan before the loan started kicks in.
    As things stand he has switched the Hibs bench for his new teams bench so unlikely they will take up the option as things stand at this early stage.
    Are you saying Mallan isn’t getting more money just now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Are you saying Mallan isn’t getting more money just now?
    Wouldn't have thought so. The financial agreement in loans is between the clubs.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Finished 1-1. Mallan came on in the 88th minute. Put 2 crosses in, 1 from a corner and 1 from a free kick, and neither beat the 1st man.
    So to add balance to the thread & why it was started...Stevie Mallan isn’t good enough for us 👀

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Wouldn't have thought so. The financial agreement in loans is between the clubs.
    Not what I heard but my info could be wrong

So Kamberi didn’t get more money when on loan at Rangers either then?

Mallan been found out already? Unusual to score a goal and then be left out two weeks running.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Not what I heard but my info could be wrong

So Kamberi didn’t get more money when on loan at Rangers either then?
    No, he didn't. Mallan will be on same wage as he is here. Its a loan, nothing changes wage wise.

As a future transfer fee is in the loan, terms may have been agreed for a potential contract but as of now, he's on his hibs wages

@hibs.net private member
    Had problems with my stream near the end of the game and suddenly when it came up in added time I saw Mallan standing over a free kick from the wing.
    His teammates lined up in the box only to see the Mallan free kick cut out and the opposition breaking away towards Mallans wing where a Hansen and Miller moment occurred between Mallan and a teammate with an opposition player. Only difference is the teammate took one for the team and took out the opposition player as he headed for goal. The free kick almost resulted in a goal with a header just past the post. Very fortunate for Mallan that he didn't lose the game for his team. His new teams version of hibs.net would have been in melt down with Mohammed and Abdul offering to drive him to the airport
    😀😀👍

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No, he didn't. Mallan will be on same wage as he is here. Its a loan, nothing changes wage wise.

As a future transfer fee is in the loan, terms may have been agreed for a potential contract but as of now, he's on his hibs wages
    I'm guessing here, but could it be possible that the Greek club are paying him expenses on top of his wage? He'll still have his house/flat, car etc. across here and he could be substantially out of pocket if he has to double up on that sort of stuff.

Maybe there is a way he could be pocketing more money.

I'm guessing here, but could it be possible that the Greek club are paying him expenses on top of his wage? He'll still have his house/flat, car etc. across here and he could be substantially out of pocket if he has to double up on that sort of stuff.

Maybe there is a way he could be pocketing more money.
    Definitely a possibility.

I might be wrong but I always thought players wage remained the same when on loan. The only thing that changed was who is playing the wage/ what % of the wage.

The could of course get a signing on type of fee to go there.

I did see that the reports was Mallan was due for a big money move to Turkey which confused me at the time so of course I could be wrong.

Maybe it’s the fee + what he could earn if they signed him permanently.