hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    The Monday night quiz fest is the same every week. Mastermind, do all right in the general knowledge and think I'm reasonably clever. Only Connect, pick up a few points and think I'm not as smart as I thought. University Challenge, realise I'm pretty thick really. 🤣

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One other favourite of mine is Taskmaster great format having celebs doing daft challenges with Alex Horn and Greg Davies brilliant hosts.
    Good shout.
    Mon the Hibs.

William G Stewart’s 15 to 1 was the pinnacle of quiz shows imo.

Shed loads of questions with minimal filler, really simple but still with a wee tactical angle to it.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    William G Stewart’s 15 to 1 was the pinnacle of quiz shows imo.

Shed loads of questions with minimal filler, really simple but still with a wee tactical angle to it.
    Agree with that 15-1 was class.

Can’t abide Pointless...it’s so damn slow and the money on offer is pathetic. It also strikes me more of a show just for Osman to sit grinning and being oh so clever that the contestants.

Occasionally watch Tipping Point...mainly because I can get most of the answers and can laugh at the crazy folk that get the first answer and still play, despite the 90% likelihood of them getting zero out of the machine!

The Chase is OK but it’s far too rare that anyone wins so it’s kind of a bit annoying on that front.

Finally I used to quite like eggheads but no idea it’s still going...was just all a bit odd, not just the eggheads themselves but the quiz teams that came on always had some right weird folk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

Can’t abide Pointless...it’s so damn slow and the money on offer is pathetic. It also strikes me more of a show just for Osman to sit grinning and being oh so clever that the contestants.

Occasionally watch Tipping Point...mainly because I can get most of the answers and can laugh at the crazy folk that get the first answer and still play, despite the 90% likelihood of them getting zero out of the machine!

The Chase is OK but it’s far too rare that anyone wins so it’s kind of a bit annoying on that front.

Finally I used to quite like eggheads but no idea it’s still going...was just all a bit odd, not just the eggheads themselves but the quiz teams that came on always had some right weird folk
    One of the eggheads died, I don’t know if that’s anything to do with it not being on anymore, it’s more likely to be covid related.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

That's why I love Only Connect as well. The teams are always brilliantly weird.

'United by a love of banana cultivars of the AAA group this is the Peelers'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    One of the eggheads died, I don’t know if that’s anything to do with it not being on anymore, it’s more likely to be covid related.
    Dave. Yet Daphne who must be about 160 by now is still going strong.

I'm sure CJ was questioned about murder after he claimed to have killed someone in his autobiography.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm sure CJ was questioned about murder after he claimed to have killed someone in his autobiography.
    You wouldn't be surprised to see him crop up in one of those "Britain's Most Evil Killers" type of programmes.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Dave. Yet Daphne who must be about 160 by now is still going strong.

Aye I think it was in Amsterdam, something about pushing someone into a canal.

United we stand here....

The Chase for me although I do quite like Pointless.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Only Connect had a Proclaimers answer tonight. Which nobody got on the show.

Also pronounced haver as havver as opposed to hayver. Never heard it pronounced havver before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Also pronounced haver as havver as opposed to hayver. Never heard it pronounced havver before.
    ...and the only Scot present didn't know how to pronounce it either.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

The Scottish guy on the show, who's accent suggested centre/West, seemed to struggle with what it meant as well.

Is haver an East coast thing?

The chase

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I always preferred pointless and don’t really know how I’ve managed to cross over to the chase! Maybe it’s the influence from other members of the house always watching the chase!

I agree with only connect comments though. It’s the only quiz show I make an effort to ensure I watch every week. And I also agree the pronunciation of “haver” was outrageous.

Recently started watching house of games as well. A bit different and a slower pace but a no bad watch while eating the tea!