@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he does give youth a chance?
    No, well apart from the ones he has.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He was fit at the start of the season and generally was a sub. Good to see him scoring this week but he’s had a limited impact for Dunfermline overall.
    He has 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 games. I’d love to see a serious impact if that’s limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park.
    Ok, I will play your game.

Who did he get the four goals against?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    We could well be. Who’s to know?

Personally i think they would have won the league had we filled the team with kids, it might sound daft, but you started it.

Coaching Staff
    We could well be. Who’s to know?

I’d say the manager, who picks the players he thinks will win games. This is just the same that’s been repeated about many young players, basically all of them have proven to not be good enough.

He has 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 games. I’d love to see a serious impact if that’s limited

He’s started less than 50% of the league games he was available for.

Would anyone describe him as one of their best players of the season? Don’t think so.

Hopefully he takes the chance to build on his goals during the week.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    The most worrying thing for me is Fraser has been breaking into the Hibs team for a while now under a number of different managers and non of them have given him a run of games, also when I seen him move to Dunfermline I was expecting to start week in and week out and be one of their star players. Don’t get me more him scoring great long range goals look great on the eye but he mustn’t be doing something to play each week, must be off the ball work or tracking back, he is 22 in a few months so in my eyes not really an youngster breaking through, he may get another pre season to impress don’t I don’t realistically see him taking someone in the teams place unless they are injured or suspended

Can you class 1 player as a chance? I certainly wouldn’t. Look at how he’s dealt with gullan, Murray, dabrowski etc

Gullan is behind Doidge and Nisbet up top, and behind Murphy off the left when we play like that. Nothing to do with Wright.

Dabrowski is behind Rocky, if you expect that to change then fair enough. We also needed a keeper when Rocky was out and I’d expect Macey was outperforming in training.

Murray was miles down the pecking order and there’s not a player in our team he should replace. He can’t get into the Dunfermline team to start let alone Hibs’.

Doig starts most weeks, Porto starts most weeks, Mackie was getting his chance when he got injured, Bradley is on the bench at a very young age.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Ok, I will play your game.

Who did he get the four goals against?
    Granted, not the best of oppositions but then again he never really got many chances against the better team. Murphy scored a penalty rebound against Celtic and a good goal against lower league Dundee. For me we never really got the opportunity to judge Fraser. Going on loan was the right move and I hope he comes back stronger and more experienced and can give us a good season next year like Doig has this year.

I do think Murray has bulked up and looks stronger, which was one of the weaknesses in his game. Nice dilemma to have , a youngish player who may yet attain the level of first team regular at Hibs. In the best place for him this season, good luck to him and fingers crossed.

Fraser started on Wednesday and regular midfield starter Ryan Dow had to leave the field with a bad injury so Fraser may have a chance to make his mark from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Granted, not the best of oppositions but then again he never really got many chances against the better team. Murphy scored a penalty rebound against Celtic and a good goal against lower league Dundee. For me we never really got the opportunity to judge Fraser. Going on loan was the right move and I hope he comes back stronger and more experienced and can give us a good season next year like Doig has this year.
    I hope he comes back and is better as well.

Great technique but I feel he needed to be stronger and braver.

@hibs.net private member
    Based on what? He’s played about 15 minutes all season and in that time he’s done more than Drey Wright.

Everyone goes on and on about the “golden generation” fact is if they were coming thru now they wouldn’t get a sniff coz we don’t play our young players. We would rather sign average players from other SPFL clubs or from EFL leagues 1 and 2

It's always a difficult balance between striving for success and blooding the youngsters. The likes of Gullen and Murray will benefit from loan spells at a decent level which gives them a chance to show what they can do with a run of games and will better prepare them to push for a 1st team place at Hibs. So I wouldn't be writing off either of them just yet.

Many of the "golden generation" also had spells out on loan although they also benefited from the TV money having disappeared at the time which saw them thrown into action much sooner than they otherwise might have been. We were maybe quite lucky that we had so much talent coming through at the time although it makes you wonder how many slip through the net because more established pros are ahead of them and they don't get a chance to shine

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    It's always a difficult balance between striving for success and blooding the youngsters. The likes of Gullen and Murray will benefit from loan spells at a decent level which gives them a chance to show what they can do with a run of games and will better prepare them to push for a 1st team place at Hibs. So I wouldn't be writing off either of them just yet.

Many of the "golden generation" also had spells out on loan although they also benefited from the TV money having disappeared at the time which saw them thrown into action much sooner than they otherwise might have been. We were maybe quite lucky that we had so much talent coming through at the time although it makes you wonder how many slip through the net because more established pros are ahead of them and they don't get a chance to shine
    Or you employ a coach like Hecky, who was brought in to develop our players, and then did the complete opposite

Another 2 assists today for Fraser in Dunfermline’s game today.

Another 2 assists today for Fraser in Dunfermline’s game today.

Good stuff. I really hope he keeps getting game time and shows what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Or you employ a coach like Hecky, who was brought in to develop our players, and then did the complete opposite
    Heckingbottom was awful..Newall wide right is a great example of a him playing someone out of position. I thought we had made a big mistake with Newall. Turns out the mistake was the manager we had made a big mistake with because we started to improve in the first game after he was sacked with the Christian Doidge (another that looked terrible as the lone striker) getting a hatrick as part of a front of pairing.

@hibs.net private member

Another goal for Fraser today.

Still not convinced he’ll ever be good enough for us but glad to see him doing well for them none the less, he was one was desperate to see so we’ll especially after his first couple of games and the promise he showed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Another goal for Fraser today.

Still not convinced he’ll ever be good enough for us but glad to see him doing well for them none the less, he was one was desperate to see so we’ll especially after his first couple of games and the promise he showed.
    Came on as a sub.

His ability to score the odd goal isn’t in too much question but he hasn’t done well enough there to consider that he’d be pushing his way into the Hibs squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Came on as a sub.

His ability to score the odd goal isn’t in too much question but he hasn’t done well enough there to consider that he’d be pushing his way into the Hibs squad.
    Started more than not and has offered far more this season for the pars than Hallberg or Wright have here. Would be madness to keep those 2 on and let Fraser go.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    He should have got a run of games when he first broke through during the group stages of the league Cup. Instead he got benched, injured on youth international duty for a year, missing a key part of his development.

Sometimes you miss your window, and I hope that's not the case here.

Coaching Staff
    Started more than not and has offered far more this season for the pars than Hallberg or Wright have here. Would be madness to keep those 2 on and let Fraser go.

Hallberg is better than Murray. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Hallberg is better than Murray. Easily.
    He’s really not. Easily.

He’s really not. Easily.

Hallberg offers more to our squad than Murray.

Different type of players but I’d have Hallberg every day of the week.

Hallberg has only 2 less goal contributions (6 vs 8), in over 300 less minutes, playing a much deeper position than Murray.

Would be madness to suggest Hallberg has less to contribute than Murray. Wright probably but not Hallberg.

Hallberg isn’t even close to being as good as Fraser. Only 1 will still be contracted to Hibernian next season and it won’t be Melker

Hallberg isn’t even close to being as good as Fraser. Only 1 will still be contracted to Hibernian next season and it won’t be Melker

The swedish international playing for the 3rd place SPL side isn't even close to a kid whos on loan in the championship? Sorry but have a think about what you are saying. Liking Murray is one thing.

FWIW, I rate Murray and want to see him given a chance. I don't need to wrongly put other players down to say that though.

I admire some staunch defending of one of our young players. I'm not sure attacking a solid professional, with as good a pedigree as Hallberg has, is the best way to do it.

As others have said Hallberg contributes well at this level. Murray is in and out of a team lower down.