hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Murray

@hibs.net private member
    Great strike from free kick and he looks much stronger and bigger. I always liked him and felt he never got a chance. He would certainly have done better that Drey Wright this year as said and the money could have been better spent elsewhere. Hope you takes advantage of the loan and comes back challenging for our first 11

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at Hibs. He’ll not be here.
    He won’t be back in the summer.
    He’ll move on. No point in him being here, just to go out on loan each year til his deals up.

Nowhere near a first teamer at Hibs.
    He’s not a better player than Drey Wright, and doesn’t play the same position as Hallberg.

What is your gripe with Murray? Does he owe you money? **** on your lawn? **** your bird?

You really sound like you hate his guts.

The difficulty at Hibs now for Fraser and other young players is we will be Top 5 every season so there is pressure to produce every week to fight for 3rd. As a result chances are limited.
    I think Fraser is a bottom 6 SPFL player at the moment which is nothing to be sniffed at but the question is can he be better than that to make a career at Hibs.
    He has scored good goals this season from long distance shots and free kicks. He has put a bit of muscle on and looks robust.
    Still has a chance especially given his shooting and set piece prowess.

But, Drey Wright is still 10 times the player of him though with that absolute screamer from 10 yards v the ranjurs, assist v hamilton and the passed header v alloa athletic

Get the boy back in the summer and let him kick on, always said there's something there! Give him a run of games to show it

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What is your gripe with Murray? Does he owe you money? **** on your lawn? **** your bird?

You really have some strange reactions to what people post.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    You really have some strange reactions to what people post.
    Indeed he does.

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar
    I thought when Fraser fist appeared on the scene that he looked a good player but a bit lightweight. He then disappeared from the periphery of the first team, injured if I remember correctly, and then reappeared last year when I thought he hadn't really kicked on at all. The few glimpses this year that I have seen on BBC Scotland and he looks stronger, back to being direct and with a bit of confidence and I for one would welcome him back next season to see if he can make the step up. He is about the same age as macgennis and to my untrained eye looks quite similar but more on the left side.

I reckon that if he continues the form that he showed last night and he wasn't on our books then there would be some on here saying that we should take a look at him as a promising player, albeit wanting to sign him for nothing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Sorry Frasers mum.

I like Fraser, a tidy player who can pass well but I just don’t know his best position, he was a guest on top binz YouTube channel last week

Quote Originally Posted by wandering_hibee View Post
    I thought when Fraser fist appeared on the scene that he looked a good player but a bit lightweight. He then disappeared from the periphery of the first team, injured if I remember correctly, and then reappeared last year when I thought he hadn't really kicked on at all. The few glimpses this year that I have seen on BBC Scotland and he looks stronger, back to being direct and with a bit of confidence and I for one would welcome him back next season to see if he can make the step up. He is about the same age as macgennis and to my untrained eye looks quite similar but more on the left side.

I reckon that if he continues the form that he showed last night and he wasn't on our books then there would be some on here saying that we should take a look at him as a promising player, albeit wanting to sign him for nothing.
    Last paragraph of this post is spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    I think with Hibs Fraser has been played predominantly in an outside left/right position (showing my age there) which allowed him to cut inside and score goals much like he did this week. Billy will have seen much more of him in the Development side to confirm. But that’s where I always saw him play or take up positions in games.

He’s certainly grown physically which he absolutely needed to do, and there’s no doubting technically he has all the attributes to do well in the game. He’s really not had the benefit of a decent loan to get that run of games and adapt to the rigours of top team football.

I’d actually like to see him play a 10 role just behind strikers as he has good technique and a definite eye for goal outside the area, something we need players to do much more. Most of our goals come from inside the box or set pieces, Fraser seems to be very confident at getting shots away when in space which I like to see in young players especially.

I’m betwix and between whether he’ll make it at Hibs, but would like to see him given a chance next season and see him grab the opportunity.,

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

Melker has been a good player for us this season and if we’d signed Fraser Murray from St Johnstone we’d have seen similar noises on here as to Drey Wright.

Unless this loan spell has dramatically improved him then I don’t see him at Hibs. Even then he’d be more of an impact sub and both player and club may question if that’s what they want.

Nice lad, good attitude, reasonable footballer but many better ahead of him in the queue at Hibs just now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    I really rate Fraser Murray and simply do not understand how the posters writing him off can disregard the talent they have seen in front of their own eyes. He is probably the most talented attacking midfielder I have seen come through the ranks in my 4 decades or so watching Hibs. Sure there is room for improvement in aspects of his game but the talent he has is not coachable - the goals he scored for the Pars there being pretty typical of him from what I have seen. And playing a season in the Championship is doing him the power of good from what I see there - he has certainly bulked up and, whereas he previously looked a bit tall and gangly, he now looks like a real unit who will compete well in midfield battles.

We have a lot of quality midfielders and it will be a real challenge for Fraser to fight his way into the starting line up - but I believe he has the talent to do so and, after a season in the Championship, will be better equipped both physically and mentally. Come next season I reckon he will be like a new signing and those writing him off will have egg all over their faces (in the nicest possible way of course).

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I really rate Fraser Murray and simply do not understand how the posters writing him off can disregard the talent they have seen in front of their own eyes. He is probably the most talented attacking midfielder I have seen come through the ranks in my 4 decades or so watching Hibs. Sure there is room for improvement in aspects of his game but the talent he has is not coachable - the goals he scored for the Pars there being pretty typical of him from what I have seen. And playing a season in the Championship is doing him the power of good from what I see there - he has certainly bulked up and, whereas he previously looked a bit tall and gangly, he now looks like a real unit who will compete well in midfield battles.

We have a lot of quality midfielders and it will be a real challenge for Fraser to fight his way into the starting line up - but I believe he has the talent to do so and, after a season in the Championship, will be better equipped both physically and mentally. Come next season I reckon he will be like a new signing and those writing him off will have egg all over their faces (in the nicest possible way of course).
    TBF what I think of Fraser just now is what I thought of Sean Mackie and in the few times he's played this season he's equipped himself well after his loan to Dundee. I do think that if he comes back and can't impose himself in the team then his time at the club is up though.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

Haha I do worry about some people when making rash calls like this. Murray plays in a different position but is no where near the level of Melker.

I must say I’m just one that hasn’t seen it anywhere near enough from him. I’ve seen the odd good bit of play like a turn in friendlies/betfred cup which looks good or the pass to McNulty a couple of years ago against Aberdeen.

I think the issue with when he plays for us is he’s far too safe and very rarely has any impact when he comes in. He either keeps it very simple or has no impact in the game, quite a few last season he came on and cost us goals.

If he came back and had the swagger and tried stuff then maybe, but he’s not even a regular starter for Dunfermline.

Guys like Mallan are way ahead of him and only a couple years older than Murray.

As for the best attacking midfielder we’ve produced in 4 decades that blows my mind a bit. I suppose it depends on what you class as an attacking midfielder. For the development team he often played as part of a 3 in midfield or wide and it’s the same as the first team.

When Thomson, Brown etc broke into the first team they might have been classed as this but just adapted their game over the years.

Even Wetherspoon is head and shoulders above him and he was slated for a while before leaving and has since had a good career and always impresses me.

Alex Harris showed more for us before the injury.

Stanton showed far more ability.

Dont get me wrong I’m desperate for Murray to do well for us and make the conscious effort of watching him closely for us. He needs to start coming in games to make a difference and not just not make a mistake.

As for the best in 4 decades, he’s miles off it as it stands.

All Imo of course.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 05-02-2021 at 12:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Not seeing anything close to what you describe. He isn’t a regular starter for Dunfermline, which tells me isn’t anywhere near good enough to start at Hibs.

I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years this year and Fraser doesn’t come close, even in his Dad’s wildest fantasies to what you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Not seeing anything close to what you describe. He isn’t a regular starter for Dunfermline, which tells me isn’t anywhere near good enough to start at Hibs.

I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years this year and Fraser doesn’t come close, even in his Dad’s wildest fantasies to what you describe.
    Did u just read the last post or the whole thread? The laddie had had a groin strain. He’s started every game since he came back.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I think he's a talented laddie but will not make it at Hibs, every time he got a chance he didn't take it.

When does his contract run out?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think he's a talented laddie but will not make it at Hibs, every time he got a chance he didn't take it.

When does his contract run out?
    He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park.
    Last edited by wookie70; 06-02-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He scored 4 goals and had two assists in the equivalent minutes of 11 games. The mystery to me is how he never got more minutes on the park. For comparison the much rated by many Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 14 games.
    This!

JR has proven he won’t give youth a chance. Gullan is a prime example. He could easily have played an extra 5/6 games this season rather than Drey Wright

Coaching Staff
    This!

JR has proven he won’t give youth a chance. Gullan is a prime example. He could easily have played an extra 5/6 games this season rather than Drey Wright

Nah, Gullan is just another example of fans thinking a young player will be better than he turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Nah, Gullan is just another example of fans thinking a young player will be better than he turns out to be.
    Based on what? He’s played about 15 minutes all season and in that time he’s done more than Drey Wright.

Everyone goes on and on about the “golden generation” fact is if they were coming thru now they wouldn’t get a sniff coz we don’t play our young players. We would rather sign average players from other SPFL clubs or from EFL leagues 1 and 2

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    This!

Are porteous and Doig now not classed as youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Are porteous and Doig now not classed as youngsters
    He’s not getting Porteous. He’s been a 1st team player for 3/4 seasons now. Doig he can have.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    He’s not getting Porteous. He’s been a 1st team player for 3/4 seasons now. Doig he can have.

So he does give youth a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    So he does give youth a chance?
    Can you class 1 player as a chance? I certainly wouldn’t. Look at how he’s dealt with gullan, Murray, dabrowski etc

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Can you class 1 player as a chance? I certainly wouldn’t. Look at how he’s dealt with gullan, Murray, dabrowski etc

We are 3rd now with the players he's picked, would we be 2nd if he'd filled the team with the players you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We are 3rd now with the players he's picked, would we be 2nd if he'd filled the team with the players you mentioned?
    We could well be. Who’s to know?

Did u just read the last post or the whole thread? The laddie had had a groin strain. He’s started every game since he came back.

He was fit at the start of the season and generally was a sub. Good to see him scoring this week but he’s had a limited impact for Dunfermline overall.