hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Murray

Fraser Murray

https://twitter.com/officialdafc/sta...604376578?s=21

Scored 2 goals tonight with the first one being a screamer of a free kick.

Now takes him to 5 goals in 17 games.

Good to see him doing well out on loan, don’t think he starts every week but still going good for them.

Looks to have bulked up quite a bit too.

Not convinced he will be in Ross’ plans in the summer or going forward but will be interesting to see how he progresses after a season playing regularly. Turns 22 in May so if there’s any time it’s now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's good to hear about him scoring goals but I think Fraser may have found his level with dunfermline? I could be being a bit harsh on the laddie as I've not seen him play for dunfermline but given he's not getting a game every week would suggest otherwise. Good luck to him though and I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to hibs players

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    He'll have a hard time getting into our midfield but great to see him doing well and definitely worth a look when he's back in the summer, especially if we see Newell and Jackson away, plus possibly Mallan.

Unfortunately you're probably right. Him and most of that generation of talent will see out their careers mostly in that lower division or playing for the yoyo clubs

Mackie, Gullan, Murray x2, Sterling, Martin, Campbell etc are all good players but they probably just haven't quite done enough.

Hibs have slowly improved the youth teams over the last few years, most of the last generations have wound up playing juniors or 2nd/3rd division so hopefully the next generation will be able to push on again and become regular spfl players, perhaps even with a star or two emerging.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Murray has 2 main problems when he broke through.

He got a bad injury which kept him out for season.

He broke into the team, scored and set up goals in the league Cup, and then got bumped, despite our lack of creative midfielders.

His problem now is his lack of experience - he's bad for losing his man. Fingers crossed this season gives him what he needs to push on. We don't have many players that are a threat from outside the box.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    At long last Dunfermline are starting to play Fraser in his best position, wide left. He played 90% of his football in Hibs development team in this position

He’s not the quickest like Boyle, but 2 footed and can hit a great dead ball. What we’d give at Hibs just now, for a player that can score from a free kick, or take a great corner on a regular basis

Hope Dunfermline continue to play him there

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    With quality like that he should be in the managers thinking for a spot next season.

Someone was really enjoying those Pars goals, who was it?

What ever happened to Harry Cochrane? Wasn't in the Dunfermline team so checked the Barcelona side and wasn't in that either. Dissapeared.

I like Fraser and think he's really talented, this season will do him the world of good by getting games at a decent level and hopefully he can come back to push for a starting slot next season, Murphy isn't getting any younger and will pick up a few injuries so we need someone who can play wide left.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At long last Dunfermline are starting to play Fraser in his best position, wide left. He played 90% of his football in Hibs development team in this position

He’s not the quickest like Boyle, but 2 footed and can hit a great dead ball. What we’d give at Hibs just now, for a player that can score from a free kick, or take a great corner on a regular basis

Hope Dunfermline continue to play him there
    We just got rid of a much better one because he couldn’t get in the team.

Suspect there’s no chance of Murray ever establishing himself at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

https://m.facebook.com/officialdafc/...2265986715769/

Ok Mr Positive😄

For those saying “he’s not been getting a game for Dunfermline” etc etc might want to look at the reasons why. He’s just back from a groin strain.

I’ll tell u something he’s a better option than Drey Wright will ever be.

Murphy will be 32 by the time we sign him permanently. Fraser plays in the same position but is more of a “powerful” player than skills like Murphy BUT he would be effective in this Hibs side from crosses and dead balls.

He will be back in the summer to prove you all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Stevie Mallan would look like Iniesta in the Championship

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    What ever happened to Harry Cochrane? Wasn't in the Dunfermline team so checked the Barcelona side and wasn't in that either. Dissapeared.
    I’m pretty sure that the ‘best midfielder in Scotland’ was at pars last season on loan now finds himself at Arbroath

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Murray has 2 main problems when he broke through.

He got a bad injury which kept him out for season.

He broke into the team, scored and set up goals in the league Cup, and then got bumped, despite our lack of creative midfielders.

His problem now is his lack of experience - he's bad for losing his man. Fingers crossed this season gives him what he needs to push on. We don't have many players that are a threat from outside the box.
    Porteous and Magennis have both had bad injuries and it hasn't stopped them from getting game time. I suspect some will use this as a convenient reason for him not making it with us, when ultimately he just hasn't shown enough pre or post injury to justify a place in the side.

Must still be getting the Scotland squad though, Biscuits and Craigy boy said so.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'd like to see Murray given a proper run in the team next season.

Craig Wighton of hearts has just signed a pre contract with Dunfermilne. Hearts supposedly paid 250k for him

#DAFC are delighted to announce the signing of Craig Wighton on a pre contract, starting 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2023.

We look forward to welcoming Craig to East End Park, in the summer, once his contract with Hearts expires on 31 May 2021

➡️ https://t.co/Eu6jrLTba7 https://t.co/EcolU0T9KW

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'd like to see Murray given a proper run in the team next season.
    Not at Hibs. He’ll not be here.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    For those saying “he’s not been getting a game for Dunfermline” etc etc might want to look at the reasons why. He’s just back from a groin strain.

Murphy will be 32 by the time we sign him permanently. Fraser plays in the same position but is more of a “powerful” player than skills like Murphy BUT he would be effective in this Hibs side from crosses and dead balls.

Sorry but powerful is the last thing I would call Murray. I think one of the main things holding him back is his lack of aggression.

He reminds me kind a bit of Brandon Barker, both have obvious talents but they are off set by lack of desire and game awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Not at Hibs. He’ll not be here.
    He’s got 3 years left on a contract. He will be.

Gamer IDs

He won’t be back in the summer.

Gamer IDs

He’s got 3 years left on a contract. He will be.

He’ll move on. No point in him being here, just to go out on loan each year til his deals up.

Nowhere near a first teamer at Hibs.

He’ll move on. No point in him being here, just to go out on loan each year til his deals up.

Nowhere near a first teamer at Hibs.
    He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

Gamer IDs

He’s a better player than Drey Wright and Melker Hallberg. They’re both 1st team players so we’ll need to agree to disagree on that one

He’s not a better player than Drey Wright, and doesn’t play the same position as Hallberg.

He’s not a better player than Drey Wright, and doesn’t play the same position as Hallberg.
    You are absolutely at it with the Drey Wright statement.

Coaching Staff

Wright might not have been great so far but he has had a season at St Johnstone that went better than anything Murray has produced so far - unfortunately.

He's nowhere near Hallberg at the minute.

Wright might not have been great so far but he has had a season at St Johnstone that went better than anything Murray has produced so far - unfortunately.

He's nowhere near Hallberg at the minute.
    Drey Wright had a handful of half decent games at St J and we took a punt on him. He’s nowhere near good enough. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. Fraser, given a decent chance would provide more. Of that I am certain.

First Team Breakthrough
    Have always liked Fraser Murray but think his time has come and gone at ER.Hibs can’t seem to resist signing midfielders in the transfer windows and this in turn limits the chances for young players coming through.Having seen the quality (or lack of of it ) of midfielders playing in the SPFL this season,consider Fraser could play at a higher level than the Championship.
    Another young player who seems to have gone off the radar is Josh Campbell.Until League 2 was suspended he was doing well on loan at Edinburgh City.He’ll be another midfielder coming back in the summer looking for a place.

Hearts kept him and loaned him to Montrose. Much better prospect than Josh Doig who they released 😉