hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gerrard GTF!

Left by mutual consent!

Gerrard GTF!

Moaning about consistency and hinting that McGregor should have been sent off after fat headed moron Morelos got a 3 game ban for assaulting Porteous.

Seriously?

No comparison in McGegor's challenge, you absolute trumpet.

Sent from Columbia

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Moaning about consistency and hinting that McGregor should have been sent off after fat headed moron Morelos got a 3 game ban for assaulting Porteous.

Seriously?

No comparison in McGegor's challenge, you absolute trumpet.

Sent from Columbia
    Whilst I don’t agree if he was referring to the McGregor incident, he’s got a point regarding consistencies with it.

The system as a whole is ***** as it basically punishes the team twice by having to play against someone that should’ve been off, and then their competitors getting to play the team without one of their players also.

Then you just have to look at some of the stuff that goes unpunished to see why it would be selective. If it’s highlighted on Sportscene it’s brought up, if it’s not it’s forgotten about.

He needs to look at his own fruitcake McGregor and not ours

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    McGregor's incident, while if you only look at the very last seconds of it might look comparible, really wasn't when viewed as a full incident.

Gerrard looks like he's pushing out a particularly tricky toley. Can't stand the man.

If he's wanting consistency he'll be amazed to see that penalties can be given AGAINST Rangers from time to time.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The desperation from Rangers fan comparing the two incidents is truly laughable

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    McGregor's incident, while if you only look at the very last seconds of it might look comparible, really wasn't when viewed as a full incident.

Gerrard looks like he's pushing out a particularly tricky toley. Can't stand the man.

If he's wanting consistency he'll be amazed to see that penalties can be given AGAINST Rangers from time to time.
    Yep can't stand him also can you imagine the wailing he would have put out there if the roles had been reversed last week and a Hibs player should have walked early doors then subsequently scored the winner. If he had an ounce of decency he would have accepted they dodged a bullet but no always hard done to Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep can't stand him also can you imagine the wailing he would have put out there if the roles had been reversed last week and a Hibs player should have walked early doors then subsequently scored the winner. If he had an ounce of decency he would have accepted they dodged a bullet but no always hard done to Rangers.
    He did accept they dodged a bullet. He openly said it didn’t matter how many times he watched it he couldn’t find a defence for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fat face brutally assaulted our player.

Ours didn't.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Is it just since he went to Rangers you can't stand him? Serious question mate and I'm asking you as one of the more level headed posters.
    I always liked him at Liverpool as a player but there seems to be a fair bit of hatred for him around on here.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Is it just since he went to Rangers you can't stand him? Serious question mate and I'm asking you as one of the more level headed posters.
    I always liked him at Liverpool as a player but there seems to be a fair bit of hatred for him around on here.
    He’s drunk the Kool-aid.

Personally always disliked him, unreal players and you have to respect his achievements but always thought he was a roaster

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    He’s drunk the Kool-aid.
    Not got a clue what that means

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Always been a bit of a roaster and looks like he's slipped up with this one as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Personally always disliked him, unreal players and you have to respect his achievements but always thought he was a roaster
    Why was he a roaster when at Liverpool? Never had an opinion on the man personally just always rated him as a player and respected him as a one club man when he had chances to move on.

Clearly doesn't understand the difference between standing on a player and getting yellow carded for it and stamping on a player and getting off scot free. The only inconsistency here is that Morelos wasn't punished at the time, as he should have been.
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular
    Not got a clue what that means
    It means he’s joined a cult, a particularly weird and perverse one, and has now been brainwashed. (The kool-aid is what all of the cult members drank at the Jonestown massacre.)

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    It means he’s joined a cult, a particularly weird and perverse one, and has now been brainwashed. (The kool-aid is what all of the cult members drank at the Jonestown massacre.)
    Gotcha

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Did he say anything about the fact, his player who should have been sent, scored the winning goal

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Rated him as a player, opinion of him as deteriorated rapidly since he joined Rangers - right from his first game at Aberdeen where he claimed Rangers never got decisions and were a class above Aberdeen my opinion has steadily worsened of him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Rated him as a player, opinion of him as deteriorated rapidly since he joined Rangers - right from his first game at Aberdeen where he claimed Rangers never got decisions and were a class above Aberdeen my opinion has steadily worsened of him.
    Thanks Matty appreciate the reply.
    I suppose players and managers alike churn out the usual bs when joining the old firm, it must be a clause in their contracts.

Why was he a roaster when at Liverpool? Never had an opinion on the man personally just always rated him as a player and respected him as a one club man when he had chances to move on.
    Did have a few ‘nasty streak’ incidents and hard man acts while at Liverpool, and I think an incident where he assaulted a DJ? I think maybe enough for some to perhaps throw the “roaster” term his way anyway.

Having said that.. my severe dislike for him definitely didn’t come about until he joined rangers. But that’s on him.. he’s adopted the common habit of turning into a hun w@knee since going there :)

I genuinely do think he’s up there with the most dislikeable old firm managers in my time.

Nonetheless - an absolutely superb footballer.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Did have a few ‘nasty streak’ incidents and hard man acts while at Liverpool, and I think an incident where he assaulted a DJ? I think maybe enough for some to perhaps throw the “roaster” term his way anyway.

Having said that.. my severe dislike for him definitely didn’t come about until he joined rangers. But that’s on him.. he’s adopted the common habit of turning into a hun w@knee since going there :)

I genuinely do think he’s up there with the most dislikeable old firm managers in my time.

Nonetheless - an absolutely superb footballer.
    He was a very good player, especially in Liverpool’s CL success, but I always felt around that time that Scholes, Lampard and Beckham were all better, and the fact they all have English league winners medals whilst Gerrard failed to win one must rankle with him.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    He was a very good player, especially in Liverpool’s CL success, but I always felt around that time that Scholes, Lampard and Beckham were all better, and the fact they all have English league winners medals whilst Gerrard failed to win one must rankle with him.
    I have to admit to believing Gerrard is the one from that English crop that I would have wanted in my midfield.

As much as I’d like to revise that now... the dirty hun :)

I thought he was a helluva player, you can’t like football much if you didn’t rate Gerrard as a player. The quintessential talisman and what a back catalogue of goals.

Grudging respect for him has been slowly eroded the longer he has been at that mob. Some of the comments and constant bleating will do that. As will being manager of the most deplorable club ever.

Here’s some ammo for the ‘he’s a roaster’ side, doesn’t seem to be common knowledge up here, but my old man (big Liverpool fan and hibby) stays on Merseyside. Was good few years ago now, but essentially old slippy knocked up his wife’s 16yr old wee cousin, had to pay off lot of gangster types down that way to keep it out the media. Bout half a mill is what I heard. Just thought I’d share since on topic...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    All he’s doing is defending his club. He knows he’s slavering but it’ll be lapped up by Rangers fans and best ignored by everyone else.

We will see if he’s proved right again if they decide to take action against Ajeti for diving to win a penalty.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Gerrard will be leaving in the summer surely?

It won’t get better than winning the league and they need to raise money by selling players.

He can resign and leave on a high.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    He’s having a laugh surely, fat boy clearly stamps on Ryan, fair enough big Daz rag dolls Kamara, but clearly he keeps the back of his foot up and toes down as he’s off balance. Nothing in it.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Did he not make some ridiculous comment that the Huns had been on the wrong end of decisions going back many years when he’d only been at Greyskull for a couple of weeks? It didn’t take him long to be fitted with some tight fitting blue-tinted specs that’s for sure.

Quite why he tolerates Morelos and his antics is beyond me. Morelos is a bombscare who if he screwed the nut could be a real asset, but he’s as likely to score a decent goal as he is to stamp on an opponent. He’s an absolute liability. If our referees did their job properly he would have been red carded at least twice this season and maybe ourselves and Dundee Utd might have picked up points from games we ultimately lost, in our case after that bawbag had scored the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Did he not make some ridiculous comment that the Huns had been on the wrong end of decisions going back many years when he’d only been at Greyskull for a couple of weeks? It didn’t take him long to be fitted with some tight fitting blue-tinted specs that’s for sure.

Quite why he tolerates Morelos and his antics is beyond me. Morelos is a bombscare who if he screwed the nut could be a real asset, but he’s as likely to score a decent goal as he is to stamp on an opponent. He’s an absolute liability. If our referees did their job properly he would have been red carded at least twice this season and maybe ourselves and Dundee Utd might have picked up points from games we ultimately lost, in our case after that bawbag had scored the winner.
    Definitely did. Claimed that his impression (potentially a collective view from down his way) was that Rangers didn’t get decisions.

Something bawbaggish and utterly absurd (and quite ironic) along those lines.