hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Welsh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair chance he would be one himself?
    Maybe someone should tell him what they base their values on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    A bit like Goram has become a Hun parody to ingratiate themselves with the orks. Why would a Spanish guy bother so much?
    Goram and Novo are classic examples of Rangers being at the very heart of sectarian bigotry within a modern Scotland.

Two men, with no connection whatsoever to the island of Ireland who have adopted extreme Northern Irish Loyalist and Unionist views, and endorse Loyalist Paramilitaries such as The UVF. Not because of long held political opinion, personal upbringing and real life experience, but simply as a result of the team they played for and now support. Tens upon tens of thousands of the Rangers fan base views and stance is based on that same principle.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 30-01-2021 at 09:39 AM.

It will never happen but it would be interesting if someone on Sportsound had the balls to point out some of the hypocrisy around this. No doubt we will get a lengthy discussion about both this and the Morelos stamp. Michael Stewart might be the best hope if he's on.

In the last few years we have had a Hibs manager have a song aimed at him about his wife dying of cancer, a Hibs manager mocked for having had cancer and at least 4 managers repeatedly referred to as 'fenian *******s'. All of those actions have taken place in or around Ibrox and certainly in the case of the last one it was a vast, vast majority joining in. I barely remember them causing a ripple in the media and there was certainly no apology demanded of or received from Rangers. Suddenly they are the 'victims' and we all have to listen to this mock outrage.

I expect the lickspittles that make up the bulk of the BBC Scottish football output will have been well warned not to rock the boat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It will never happen but it would be interesting if someone on Sportsound had the balls to point out some of the hypocrisy around this. No doubt we will get a lengthy discussion about both this and the Morelos stamp. Michael Stewart might be the best hope if he's on.

In the last few years we have had a Hibs manager have a song aimed at him about his wife dying of cancer, a Hibs manager mocked for having had cancer and at least 4 managers repeatedly referred to as 'fenian *******s'. All of those actions have taken place in or around Ibrox and certainly in the case of the last one it was a vast, vast majority joining in. I barely remember them causing a ripple in the media and there was certainly no apology demanded of or received from Rangers. Suddenly they are the 'victims' and we all have to listen to this mock outrage.

I expect the lickspittles that make up the bulk of the BBC Scottish football output will have been well warned not to rock the boat though.
    I'd just calmed down as well.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Do we ever make a noise about it?

Whats stopping Ron Gordon going on Sportsound and strongly condemning the actions of Rangers fans at ER or calling out Clancy’s performance?

Why aren’t we publicly putting pressure on the SPFL and refs about the issues we feel strongly about?

If the majority of our fan base can see it, the club must too. They’re the ones in a position to challenge things though, we can only bump our gums online.

So maybe it’s time for Hibs as a club to step up and be more vocal about the running of the game in general instead of the continued silence and take what we’re given approach we’ve seen for decades.

Wouldn’t do any harm to give it a try would it?

I think if Hibs called the likes of that particular club out publicly the fans would get right behind them. It would create a bit of a seige mentality. Right now it feels a bit meh.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If Hibs made any kind of comment about rangers fans, at a time when supporters aren’t even at the games, I’d find that embarrassing.

By all means call it out when it happens, condemn it, but bringing it up now, just because an invited guest on Hibs tv said something they shouldn’t have, would be an absolute joke.

We slate the old firm for their whataboutery, but that’s exactly what we’d be doing.
    Last edited by easty; 30-01-2021 at 10:53 AM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Not forgetting the The Rangers director on May 2016 saying he would rather have his supporters singing sectarian songs than invading the pitch and assaulting people, as his fans spilled on to the pitch to assault people, we should not have entertained these f***ers one single bit, we should have sent them a box of hankies and told them to get over it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    Hows they saying goesPeople living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    What does that even say???

@hibs.net private member

Correct. Until last night* they couldn’t even say Morelos stamped without trying to bring McGregor into it.

*Foster and Kettlewell explained it for the others last night.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    What does that even say???
    It says we have a very confused and angry Hun infiltrator on our board.

Probably still upset that they could have saved their club, but let it die.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Feed the Seagulls
    Let them know it's sticky buns

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Film 4 tonight

10:50pm Trainspotting followed by the acid house, i've never watched the acid house as i'm very anti drugs might watch it if i remember

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Film 4 tonight

10:50pm Trainspotting followed by the acid house, i've never watched the acid house as i'm very anti drugs might watch it if i remember
    Acid House is great if it's the film I'm thinking about with Pat Stanton in it? 3 shortish stories.
    Coco Bryce played by Ewan Bremner

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Film 4 tonight

Happy Howden literally taking one for the team...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

Herriot Brownlie etc

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Acid House is great if it's the film I'm thinking about with Pat Stanton in it? 3 shortish stories.

i'l give it a bash

fond memories of happy howden

Irvine seems a bit preoccupied or even obsessed with strap ons

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    NO MORE CATHOLICS!

I nearly wept with laughter when they wiped out the bigots bank cards.

Don't forget them singing about Neil Lennon. We thought you were dead we hoped you were dead after he had some problems when he managed us.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Remember playing against Granton Star a few times

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The Granton Star cause! And Happy Howden up against the mantelpiece with only a photo of the Tornadoes to help him through what his Mrs was doing behind him!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The Granton Star cause! And Happy Howden up against the mantelpiece with only a photo of the Tornadoes to help him through what his Mrs was doing behind him!
    League cup winners if I recall probably eased the pain?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    League cup winners if I recall probably eased the pain?
    Well, it would wouldn’t it?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Herriot Brownlie etc
    Gie us the questioning.

J

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Think Happy was a yam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Gie us the questioning.

J
    Tell us wae it is?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Still don’t know how Barman Stanton never won the Oscar that year ?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Still don’t know how Barman Stanton never won the Oscar that year ?
    Gordon Smith also for his appearance in To Catch a Thief.