hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Irvine Welsh

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I havent been on much today so hadnt seen that narrative............ but anyone stating that hun or sticky bin is sectarian is a fanny.
    Sticky bin doesnae really work but I get you

2. Log in to remove the advert

In today's world of mock outrage there is 0% chance of an apology being met with a "fair enough, let's move on" response.

Don't back down, double down with an Irvine Welsh one hour special next time around.

Testimonial Due
    Love Irvine Welsh. Coming back on the train with my two young boys after we lost 2-1 to Aberdeen in cup semi Irvine was sitting opposite. My boys in particular were down. Irvine cheered them up with jokes about Old Firm and Hearts. It reached a peak as the train stopped at Haymarket with comments about the smell from ***********. It will be Twitter now for his rants. Don't think Off The Ball will even have him on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    Wearing a CCS tee shirt
    Nice touch

Sent from my Columbian phone

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    In today's world of mock outrage there is 0% chance of an apology being met with a "fair enough, let's move on" response.

Don't back down, double down with an Irvine Welsh one hour special next time around.
    Of course. Already the Sticky Bun James Hunts are provoking the “football authorities” into acting.

Those *******s that inflicted Andy ****ing Cameron on the paying public week in, week out in an attempt at pre-match entertainment! I’d rather stick pins in my boaby than listen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Don't get me started on woman and football :)

I could not remember her name and could not be bothered googling it.
    am sorry if I offended you but I wont loose sleep on it :)
    Lose. Unless you really meant loose.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    It was amusing but he does play to the populist Hibs support who like having their belly tickled.
    You trying to get more tweets out of yer wee pal Tam?
    How dare Irvine Welsh appeal to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You trying to get more tweets out of yer wee pal Tam?
    How dare Irvine Welsh appeal to the masses.
    The rich man had his fun and caught a lot of fish

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The rich man had his fun and caught a lot of fish
    That should do it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The bigger worry if we have to hand over the full footage might be the Dennis Nilson gag early on in the broadcast..!

Sod this. Give him a page in the programme.

Today we welcome the sticky buns to Easter Road. Sitting top of the league they have been hunbeatable at home with songs about killing Kafflics and 300 year old battles in another country inspiring their players to winning ways.

The queens 11 will be sporting their traditional orange away kit in today's fixture as a tribute to Donald Trump who's Scottish born granny once picked the original Rangurz as a home win on her fixed odds and not at all as a sop to their fans from lodges throughout Scotland.

One to watch: Kevin Clancy. Kevin has made a name for himself this season contributing to many fine Sevco performances.

Notable European results: In their previous incarnation as Rangers FC getting out of Manchester with only 350 arrests and not having their ground closed by UEFA for countless acts of bigotry.

Trophy count: The sticky buns lit up the 15/16 Scottish season with a dazzling run to Hampden in the Petrofac Cup thrashing a makeshift Hibs team ( see May 2016 for further information ) to line up a shot at giants Ayr United. A hard fought 0 - 2 victory saw them face Livingston at home where their players ability to ignore the massed 15 hostile away fans took them through to Hampden by a score of 1 - 0. Though written off by the pundits and the bookies Sevco were inspired on the day and overcame everybody's favourites Peterhead in a game that will live long in the memory for every sticky bun who was there that day. It remains the clubs only trophy success.

I like how Hibs invited Irvine Welsh on to cover a game against Rangers and expected him not to say something controversial. Bit naive.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I like how Hibs invited Irvine Welsh on to cover a game against Rangers and expected him not to say something controversial. Bit naive.
    Maybe the opposite is true and they were rubbing their hands at the prospect.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    As a gesture of goodwill, Hibs should offer to refund any offended Sevco fan who paid for Hibs TV coverage. They just need to produce their receipt 🤣

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    As a gesture of goodwill, Hibs should offer to refund any offended Sevco fan who paid for Hibs TV coverage. They just need to produce their receipt 🤣
    Lol

It’s like he said in Marabou Stork Nightmares. Back down to them and they’re swarming all over you. Stand up to them and they’re shouting Mammy, Daddy, Polis. Cleaned up the language a bit there but you get the idea.

I want a giant flag with this on it

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Today we welcome the sticky buns to Easter Road. Sitting top of the league they have been hunbeatable at home with songs about killing Kafflics and 300 year old battles in another country inspiring their players to winning ways.

The queens 11 will be sporting their traditional orange away kit in today's fixture as a tribute to Donald Trump who's Scottish born granny once picked the original Rangurz as a home win on her fixed odds and not at all as a sop to their fans from lodges throughout Scotland.

One to watch: Kevin Clancy. Kevin has made a name for himself this season contributing to many fine Sevco performances.

Notable European results: In their previous incarnation as Rangers FC getting out of Manchester with only 350 arrests and not having their ground closed by UEFA for countless acts of bigotry.

Trophy count: The sticky buns lit up the 15/16 Scottish season with a dazzling run to Hampden in the Petrofac Cup thrashing a makeshift Hibs team ( see May 2016 for further information ) to line up a shot at giants Ayr United. A hard fought 0 - 2 victory saw them face Livingston at home where their players ability to ignore the massed 15 hostile away fans took them through to Hampden by a score of 1 - 0. Though written off by the pundits and the bookies Sevco were inspired on the day and overcame everybody's favourites Peterhead in a game that will live long in the memory for every sticky bun who was there that day. It remains the clubs only trophy success.
    😂😂😂😂😂 My favourite post on here in a long time 😂😂😂😂😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Personally I found what he said quite accurate. However, there are environments in which you have to accept that you can't talk in the same way as you do when among friends. A public broadcast is one. Irvine Welsh is smart enough to have known what reaction he was going to get so it would be a nice gesture if he were to pay any fine the club suffers because of his remarks.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    See, you're saying this in jest probably, but that's exactly the kind of response I would like to see.

Wind them up even more. Why shouldn't we? What's wrong with taking the piss a bit and insulting your opponents?

Why does everything have to be so sterile these days.

We, as a club, should annoy and insult Rangers at every opportunity.

If anybody's interested, there's a giant statue of Attila the Hun in Tulln, Austria.

I had my photo taken next to it but I'm not posting it here, in case The Rangers demand an apology...

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Take a bow Sir

For a team whose support constantly sing a song with the line “Up to your knees in Fenian blood,” their complaint is total hypocrisy.

First Team Breakthrough
    i have not read every detail in this thread so forgive me if anyone else has asked.
    this is what i was thinking.

If it was a complaint driven then was it a Hibs supporter complaint(which i highly doubt) or lets say a current bun pirate tv viewing of our exclusive to hibernian only service.
    Ask them for their subscription to validate there claims

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    It’s like he said in Marabou Stork Nightmares. Back down to them and they’re swarming all over you. Stand up to them and they’re shouting Mammy, Daddy, Polis. Cleaned up the language a bit there but you get the idea.
    Spot ****ing on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Rather than being sticky buns, surely for whats in the middle they should all be called Jaffa's.

Find it funny that Rangers fans are so triggered by sticky bun. The social media meltdown has been very amusing. They know they can't do anything about it.

The outrage currently in the Daily Record (Daily Ranger) seems to be around Welsh's comments towards Morelos.

They're also trying to make out that McGregor's tackle in the 2nd half was just as bad, and was a deliberate stamp.

I haven't seen anything referring to the 'Sticky Bun' comment, or him calling them out for sectarianism (though I haven't read every article in detail)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-full-23406088

Video and full transcript here, including sticky bun chat!

Also reporting that the SFA are investigating us and could take action.

And some folk still think we were right to apologise! Hunbelievable.