hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 275

Thread: Irvine Welsh

  1. #91
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s the SUN picked up on it now. If I was hibs I tell them to ram their apology.
    Maybe they can print “THE TRUTH” on their rag and not upset the grieving relatives of innocent football fans for once.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Hibs should absolutely not apologise. **** all to apologise for. Why are Huns watching Hibs tv in the first place? Bunch of greeting faced gimps.

  4. #93
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just tell them Welsh is an East of Scotland football fan and nothing to do with us. Maybe with an allegiance to an English team that play in green. Plymouth will do.

    It's the usual tactic when discussing Rangers fans behaviour.
    "Its merely a journalistic tangle of legs, Mr Communications Ombudsman..."

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs should absolutely not apologise. **** all to apologise for. Why are Huns watching Hibs tv in the first place? Bunch of greeting faced gimps.
    Without condoning or criticising Welsh’s behaviour, the Hun muppets might care to chew over the ‘banter’ and bias of guests and commentators on Rangers TV.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Police,

    While I was watching an illegal stream I happened across a bad man saying “sticky bun” and saying he likes watching football without hearing sectarian songs! I find this totally unacceptable, in fact it’s a “hate” crime.

    I have copied in the illegal stream provider so they can take this up with Hibernian FC who I’m sure you agree are dirty fenians.

  7. #96
    The term 'hun' is obviosuly not sectarian and never has been. Sevco fans desperately want it to be sectarian so that it can be used as part of their relentless whataboutery.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member happiehibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,220
    I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

    i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

    He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're making out that Hibs TV can't possibly invite Irvine Welsh back on to the programme. I'm giving an example where they could and nobody would care .

    It might be wise not to have him back for a Rangers match, and he might upset the sparryheids, sheep ****gers or soap dodgers in matches against them, but the majority of Scottish fans would probably watch with amused interest.

    So tell me again why shouldn't Hibs reinvite him?
    If you can't understand why Hibs would feel unable to have Irvine Welsh back on Hibs TV if he has been deemed to have used a sectarian slur, I'm not too sure what else I can really say.

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can't understand why Hibs would feel unable to have Irvine Welsh back on Hibs TV if he has been deemed to have used a sectarian slur, I'm not too sure what else I can really say.
    I honestly don't understand why. Tell me please - what's to stop them?

    I get the impression that you've made up your mind but you don't know why.

  11. #100
    Did Irvine Welsh actually say anything racist or sectarian?

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,568
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

    i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

    He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air
    "Sticky bun". You're easily offended aren't you?

  13. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

    i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

    He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air

    What was said that was racist or sectarian?

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    432
    We are currently without a CEO. I do wonder what Leann Dempsters response to Irvine Welsh's comments would have been from a corporate reputational point of view.

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

    i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

    He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air
    Nothing he said was racist or sectarian.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member happiehibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was said that was racist or sectarian?
    Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.



  17. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't understand why. Tell me please - what's to stop them?

    I get the impression that you've made up your mind but you don't know why.
    I do know why.

    As much as I disagree with it, the term "hun" is considered to be a sectarian remark. If a complaint is made then Hibs, with all their anti-discrimination policies in place and signing up to initiatives to stamp out bigotry and racism etc, won't be able to just allow Welsh back on as if nothing's happened just because it's not Rangers we're playing.

  18. #107
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.


    Nil by mouth are a sham, nothing but Sevco apologists looking to apportion blame elsewhere at every opportunity.

  19. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.


    But they have got that wrong, though, haven't they?

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do know why.

    As much as I disagree with it, the term "hun" is considered to be a sectarian remark. If a complaint is made then Hibs, with all their anti-discrimination policies in place and signing up to initiatives to stamp out bigotry and racism etc, won't be able to just allow Welsh back on as if nothing's happened just because it's not Rangers we're playing.
    And if they apologise?

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member happiehibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Sticky bun". You're easily offended aren't you?

    No I have a great sense of humour lived a long time unfortunately this type of language is out of order. My personal thoughts are the PC brigade have taken over the world.

    His comments live on a TV was wrong

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    61
    Posts
    52,264
    Is there a nil by ears?

    Sectarian my erse.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stonehaven
    Age
    54
    Posts
    513
    [QUOTE=happiehibbie;6440343]Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.


    And who made them arbiters of what does and doesn't constitute a sectarian expression?
    At Easter Road They Play.....

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.


    That’s Nil by Mouth’s own interpretation of the word. Not ours.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,986
    Blog Entries
    1

  26. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s Nil by Mouth’s own interpretation of the word. Not ours.
    It's a very problematic interpretation as well. It enables Sevco fans to claim everyone else is just as sectarian as them instead of them stamping it out within their fanbase.

  27. #116
    so let me get this right, Irvine is being accused of using an offensive word to describe a protestant when he was referring to someone who's presumably a catholic?!

    How can hun be a sectarian term when it's only used to describe the supporters of one relatively new football team, no matter what religion that supporter is?!

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth describes the word as “sectarian” and “abusive”, adding that it is “used negatively against Protestants”.


    A google of the dictionary definition shows that this is is the secondary definition, and I can't imagine a more accurate description:

    "often A barbarous or destructive person"




  29. #118
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,831
    Hun describes Rangers behavior not their religion. Most protestants are not huns. Many Rangers fans and playerss are.

    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hun

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    17,254
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Irvine Welsh was bang out of order for what was said last night.

    i do not like Rangers or Celtic but people need to rise above Racism or Sectarianism

    He was bang out of order as is tanner or the girl for not apologising live on air
    The girl? Wow

  31. #120
    First Team Regular rossevenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    610
    Hun Definition

    a member of a nomadic and warlike Asian people who devastated or controlled large parts of eastern and central Europe and who exercised their greatest power under Attila in the 5th century a.d.

    (often lowercase) a barbarous, destructive person; vandal.

    Older Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a German, especially a German soldier in World War I or II.

    Think that completely describes them and not a hint of "sectarianism" in any of those

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)