hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 275

Thread: Irvine Welsh

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,876
    Blog Entries
    1
    ‘No one likes us... but we do care, in fact we care so much we’re grassing him to the polis’

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huns not happy
    One of my favourite phrases.

    Hopefully it inspires another crayon etched statement from Ibrox.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ‘No one likes us... but we do care, in fact we care so much we’re grassing him to the polis’

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    The irony of that lot being offended by something that someone said

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The irony of that lot being offended by something that someone said
    They’re an absolute disgrace. How they became judge and jury on sectarianism and “hate” crime I’ll never understand.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    53
    Posts
    8,307
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My internet was playing up so had to watch the Sky coverage, do Hibs put the shows up to watch later?
    Think Hibs lawyer might insist his contribution is "lost" in the ether.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,202
    As entertaining as it was, and most would have taken Irvine Welshs’s quips and comments in the spirit intended, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hibs on an official level are feeling that they might have to make an apology for some of the content and get in first before the media flak starts come their way. I suspect it will be IW’s first and last invitation to be a matchday guest on Hibs TV, which would be a shame. The media in Scotland will lap this up..

  8. #37
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,732
    The Huns are a delicate bunch, aren't they? For all the paedo, junkie, spoonburning, taig, fenian bull**** they spout on an hourly basis - they don't half get offended easily.

    A writer uses hyperbolic imagery to condemn a nasty, violent, cheat of a player, and they're away crying about it!

    They care more about Irvine's metaphorical violence than they do Morelos' actual violence. That says it all.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 28-01-2021 at 09:06 AM.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    19,558
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think Hibs lawyer might insist his contribution is "lost" in the ether.
    Didn't see it, or it was a perfectly innocent tangling of words.

    Walk away sevco.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of the comments are hysteria but this one made me laugh:

    I wouldn't read one of his books, you might have to retire to your fainting couch.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    4,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of the comments are hysteria but this one made me laugh:

    I wouldn't read one of his books, you might have to retire to your fainting couch.
    I didn't realise that was the Hun site. Should have looked before I clicked. Need to bleach my eyebaws now!

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welsh’s comment’s apart, the Hun muppets insist that Morelos in no way fouled Porteous. They are even offended that he used rhyming slang to describe HUN. Unbelievable.

  13. #42
    First Team Regular Wull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    betwixt s.africa and brazil
    Age
    65
    Posts
    625
    I thought his summing up of the game and Hibs in general were spot on and entertaining at the same time.

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As entertaining as it was, and most would have taken Irvine Welshs’s quips and comments in the spirit intended, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hibs on an official level are feeling that they might have to make an apology for some of the content and get in first before the media flak starts come their way. I suspect it will be IW’s first and last invitation to be a matchday guest on Hibs TV, which would be a shame. The media in Scotland will lap this up..
    Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.

    The term "hun" is exclusively used for fans/players of Rangers and is not sectarian but that's not what the media and authorities believe and if an issue is made of this at an official level then Hibs will have no option but to distance themselves from Irvine Welsh and issue an apology on his behalf.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.
    You said "Hibs will have no option but to not invite him on again."

    I said that was nonsense. Hibs will always have the option to invite who they want.

  16. #45
    Testimonial Due BegbieHSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Begbie turns up on an Irvine Welsh thread. You couldn't make it up. Coco Bryce still posting?
    😉

  17. #46
    Testimonial Due BegbieHSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glorious. Always the victims, even when a ref has cheated for them, they always find a reason to call the polis!

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.

    The term "hun" is exclusively used for fans/players of Rangers and is not sectarian but that's not what the media and authorities believe and if an issue is made of this at an official level then Hibs will have no option but to distance themselves from Irvine Welsh and issue an apology on his behalf.
    Scottish football is still not ready for a bohemian wordsmith making observations on our game. It doesn’t want to stray too far left field from the Boydy’s, Coisty’s, Packy’s, Doddsy’s take on matters.

    Hope I’m wrong though.

  19. #48
    This attempt at trying to push hun as a sectarian term is utter nonsense. I don't care what Rangers fans or the unfit for purpose Nil By Mouth or whoever else say.

    It's all part of the stupid game we have to play in Scotland pretending anti Protestant bigotry occurs at anything close to the same level as anti Catholic bigotry. If you read the press you would think the number of Republican marches that take place in Scotland was comparable to the number of Orange walks. In 2019 Orange walks accounted for 182 marches in Glasgow alone, there were 16 Republican marches across the whole of Scotland. Catholics are about 15 times more likely to be the victim of a racial aggravated assault.

    Sectarianism is in it's death throes in Scotland but we shouldn't indulge this stupid game by giving any acknowledgement to hun or variants being sectarian. It isn't and it's all just part of the 'we're victims too' agenda from the Rangers support.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  20. #49
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,156
    Most clubs have a minority who are out of step with the majority of a fanbase.

    Rangers used to be no different - they used to have a tiny minority of fans who were decent and you could actually talk football with on a certain level.

    Unfortunately even they have disappeared and the whole lot are a bunch of seething, bigoted, moronic cretins who belong in a bygone era.

    Every time we play them there ends up being a pantomime of some description.

    They've played well this season and will deserve their title when it comes. From where they've been, that's quite an achievement. They deserved to beat us by being marginally the better team than us last night and they ground out a victory in difficult conditions. They should have been down to 10 men after 17 minutes, it's not even up for discussion and any sensible fan will acknowledge when their team "gets away with one" which we all do on occasion. And fans of other teams should have broad enough shoulders to accept a bit of hyperbole from other fans, especially on "club tv" stations. If you can't take stuff like that, football is not for you.

    I have had hun mates in the past but I just can't bear to talk football with them any more as, to a man, they have turned into jibbering morons.

    It's a shame, because we used to have quite fun exchanges of views in the past.
    Last edited by Smartie; 28-01-2021 at 10:48 AM.

  21. #50
    Dissspointed in Irvine. Should have just called him a horrible little hun rat

  22. #51
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most clubs have a minority who are out of step with the blue of a fanbase.

    Rangers used to be no different - they used to have a tiny minority of fans who were decent and you could actually talk football with on a certain level.

    Unfortunately even they have disappeared and the whole lot are a bunch of seething, bigoted, moronic cretins who belong in a bygone era.

    Every time we play them there ends up being a pantomime of some description.

    They've played well this season and will deserve their title when it comes. From where they've been, that's quite an achievement. They deserved to beat us by being marginally the better team than us last night and they ground out a victory in difficult conditions. They should have been down to 10 men after 17 minutes, it's not even up for discussion and any sensible fan will acknowledge when their team "gets away with one" which we all do on occasion. And fans of other teams should have broad enough shoulders to accept a bit of hyperbole from other fans, especially on "club tv" stations. If you can't take stuff ike that, football is not for you.

    I have had hun mates in the past but I just can't bear to talk football with them any more as, to a man, they have turned into jibbering morons.

    It's a shame, because we used to have quite fun exchanges of views in the past.
    Had two swear blind to me last night it was accidental and no more than a yellow.

    As you say, absolutely no reasoning with them anymore.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Begbie turns up on an Irvine Welsh thread. You couldn't make it up. Coco Bryce still posting?
    Here Sir!

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I said something similar last night and was told it was nonsense. I don't think we'll see him on Hibs TV again, particularly if a complaint's made.

    The term "hun" is exclusively used for fans/players of Rangers and is not sectarian but that's not what the media and authorities believe and if an issue is made of this at an official level then Hibs will have no option but to distance themselves from Irvine Welsh and issue an apology on his behalf.





    The huns reappropriated the word hun to say it was a sectarian slur when the word was coined by the media to describe the disgraceful behaviour of their fans at a game in England during the early 60s, think Wolves or Newcastle. It has absolutely no sectarian connotations, unlike fenian, taig or tarrier.

    Its classic Sevco deflection, shift the blame tactics and the fact the Scottish media and authorities have accepted their nonsense tells us all we need to know about the Scottish media and authorities.

    Hibs should have Irvine back every game, he was quality.

    Id like to see RG do an RP and treat any complaint about Irvines exuberance with the contempt it deserves. Or do a Tom Hart and tell them bluntly GTF.

    Unfortunately, I think we might see some Hibs forelock-tugging if the hun media jump on this. Kenny MacIntyre, Chick Young, Daryll Broadfoot, Keith Jackson etc will be sharpening their crayons already.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,451
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: verticaldropdj
    thought he was really good, loved the "sticky buns" comments

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,451
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: verticaldropdj
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's pleasing to see to them triggered like that when they all think it's "acceptable" to listen to their sectarian bile

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,567
    This reminds me of a time about 35 years ago when I was in the Grey Horse in Balerno. At one point, Ma Brow' herself (there's bound to be some on here who knew her) came over to us and told one of my mates to mind his language, to which he replied "What?- I only called the boy a ******"

    I nearly pished myself laughing, but I suppose you had to be there.

  28. #57
    I hate the huns and morelos as much as anybody but i think this might cause the club a bit of trouble. Its one thing saying it to mates or on a fans website but on official club tv is a different matter. It also takes the spotlight off morelos for the stamp on porteous. Hope im wrong.

  29. #58
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Huns are a delicate bunch, aren't they? For all the paedo, junkie, spoonburning, taig, fenian bull**** they spout on an hourly basis - they don't half get offended easily.

    A writer uses hyperbolic imagery to condemn a nasty, violent, cheat of a player, and they're away crying about it!

    They care more about Irvine's metaphorical violence than they do Morelos' actual violence. That says it all.
    offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,567
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate the huns and morelos as much as anybody but i think this might cause the club a bit of trouble. Its one thing saying it to mates or on a fans website but on official club tv is a different matter. It also takes the spotlight off morelos for the stamp on porteous. Hope im wrong.
    He was a guest, not a club official or employee.

    At very worst Hibs might have to apologise.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    across the forth
    Age
    49
    Posts
    961
    A hun is a hun, current bun, sticky bun regardless of age, sex, religious beliefs, humanist or not etc. Maurice Johnson is a hun as is Richard Gough and is Moreos. And so on.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)