hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Sportsound Podcast Monday : Charlie Adam

What a roaster, kept referencing Mallan when talking about the game on Saturday and our quality players. I think at one stage he even said "Luke" Stevenson. Makes my ears bleed every time he's on, badly prepared and in my humble opinion, just not articulate enough to be on the radio.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSouthMoroccan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a roaster, kept referencing Mallan when talking about the game on Saturday and our quality players. I think at one stage he even said "Luke" Stevenson. Makes my ears bleed every time he's on, badly prepared and in my humble opinion, just not articulate enough to be on the radio.
    The guy is a roaster.

Why did they wheel out an ex-hun now playing for a championship club to talk about Hibs when there are numerous ex players from our club they could have chosen instead? McManus? Murray? Thompson? Keith Wright?

What about Pat Nevin?

I don't think you could prepare him enough to be on the radio, he's just thick.

He cited Drey Wright as an example of a player who should be in the side. Now I'm not a basher of him and I think when he's come in he's often been as a RWB which has limited his attacking potential but his contribution so far has been limited to say the least.
    Last edited by Jones28; 26-01-2021 at 04:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    He was poor - I think Kenny McIntyre likes having someone famous on that knows Stevie G.

Not the only one though - as well as not knowing Mallan wasn’t in the squad they were suggesting Drey Wright being left out was another issue and that Porteous has been with us so long cos he’s not good enough to move on (like Hanlon and Stevenson).

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He was poor - I think Kenny McIntyre likes having someone famous on that knows Stevie G.

Not the only one though - as well as not knowing Mallan wasn’t in the squad they were suggesting Drey Wright being left out was another issue and that Porteous has been with us so long cos he’s not good enough to move on (like Hanlon and Stevenson).
    Aye, no issues with folk having a go at Hibs after Saturday, we deserved it, but at least make it constructive and accurate. Trotting out that rocket who had just dropped points to a part time outfit on Friday night to talk about a club and a league he has not the faintest idea about was embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    https://youtu.be/i_gHI_N9bq0

4:20 in Jack Ross is asked about the comments and brushes them aside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

4:20 in Jack Ross is asked about the comments and brushes them aside

Full credit to him there. Dealt with that question masterfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

4:20 in Jack Ross is asked about the comments and

brushes them aside

Someone wanna tell him that getting to the semi finals isn’t good enough especially when you consider who we played in the run up and the teams left in the competitions.

We aren’t St. Mirren Jack that’s not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Someone wanna tell him that getting to the semi finals isn’t good enough especially when you consider who we played in the run up and the teams left in the competitions.

He never said it was good enough and openly stated it was a chance missed and that next time we need to get there for the chance to go further. He states that we’ve done well to get to that stage twice though to give ourselves the opportunity of that next step. He also avoids the part of who is left in, he states he wants to get to finals and win things regardless of who is left.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post

FFS.

Can we keep the manager bashing to the numerous threads already dedicated to it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Adams had a lot to say to slate a team that he's lost to twice this season. He came over very ill-informed on the subject, to be honest.

There was some justified criticism on the show and I agreed with a fair bit of it, not with Charlie Adams though, he was hopeless.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Adams had a lot to say to slate a team that he's lost to twice this season. He came over very ill-informed on the subject, to be honest.

There was some justified criticism on the show and I agreed with a fair bit of it, not with Charlie Adams though, he was hopeless.
    Yep. Adams a good player but clueless re Scottish football, in general. Bet he's seen little of the players he mentions but blusters ill informed rubbish to try and become relevant.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Surely this is just the norm with football players going into media? I mean most come across as if they’ve had 100 years experience as a football manager and everything they say is some great insight nobody else can see. Not being biased but I think last time I genuinely felt enlightened by pundits was probably Pat Nevin analysis clips on BBC.

Adam’s following the normal route in this punditry game so can’t criticise him too much. I mean Michael Stewart with 0 managerial experience talks about tactics on a sofa in a studio. Shearer does it and he was a complete failure as manager...

They look for scandal and drama more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Surely this is just the norm with football players going into media? I mean most come across as if they’ve had 100 years experience as a football manager and everything they say is some great insight nobody else can see. Not being biased but I think last time I genuinely felt enlightened by pundits was probably Pat Nevin analysis clips on BBC.

Adam’s following the normal route in this punditry game so can’t criticise him too much. I mean Michael Stewart with 0 managerial experience talks about tactics on a sofa in a studio. Shearer does it and he was a complete failure as manager...

They look for scandal and drama more than anything.
    Fellow professionals shouldn’t be questioning the quality of players on national radio/TV for me though, especially when the majority of it is just made up. Giving your opinion on tactics is fine, your more than likely wrong but it’s your opinion. Actively saying players aren’t good enough, some should be playing due to a strength they don’t actually have etc is just pure lazy. Sportsound trying to get as many championship players on in the same season it seems.

Will be a really cold day in hell before I listen to what that fat, washed up, toothless hun ******* has to say about anything relating to Hibs.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Fellow professionals shouldn’t be questioning the quality of players on national radio/TV for me though, especially when the majority of it is just made up. Giving your opinion on tactics is fine, your more than likely wrong but it’s your opinion. Actively saying players aren’t good enough, some should be playing due to a strength they don’t actually have etc is just pure lazy. Sportsound trying to get as many championship players on in the same season it seems.
    Does it matter that much? If he did it about me, I’d probably just get a yellow card the next time I played against him. People have pops at players at big clubs. It’s nature of being at a club where expectations are high.

All 3 of the players he has mentioned do have clear limitations. The problem for them is recently (Hanlon and Porteous especially) have not protected their weaknesses well enough. Porteous has developed a trend of being caught under the ball. When he first broke through he really attacked headers now he tends to be flat footed. Why I said protect his weakness...he isn’t the tallest CB so being caught under the ball really puts you at a disadvantage.

People point him out at first goal on Saturday. He was victim of it in the 2nd goal as well. Didn’t drop far enough and jumped underneath ball without any real challenge on an opposition player.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Does it matter that much? If he did it about me, I’d probably just get a yellow card the next time I played against him. People have pops at players at big clubs. It’s nature of being at a club where expectations are high.

All 3 of the players he has mentioned do have clear limitations. The problem for them is recently (Hanlon and Porteous especially) have not protected their weaknesses well enough. Porteous has developed a trend of being caught under the ball. When he first broke through he really attacked headers now he tends to be flat footed. Why I said protect his weakness...he isn’t the tallest CB so being caught under the ball really puts you at a disadvantage.

People point him out at first goal on Saturday. He was victim of it in the 2nd goal as well. Didn’t drop far enough and jumped underneath ball without any real challenge on an opposition player.
    Of course it matters, I didn’t hear any fellow pro’s absolutely ripping into Adam for captaining a side to a draw at a part time side on Friday night, or being seconds from being embarrassed by a non league side a few weeks ago. I’d boot him as well, but that’s because of his disrespect.

Whether players have limitations (Adam does himself) isn’t the point, Porteous hasn’t been around too long, Wright doesn’t have pace to burn, and I’m sure he started talking about Mallan not starting as well which is mental. That’s where the issues come in, players wouldn’t be playing in Scotland if they were perfect, but calling saying there’s no quality to them is wrong also, mention their limitations or their mistakes but at least acknowledge that in the main they’ve been part of the third best defence in Scotland this season.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Will be a really cold day in hell before I listen to what that fat, washed up, toothless hun ******* has to say about anything relating to Hibs.
    "Look at me I played at a high level".

Still a fat, washed up, toothless, hun ****.
    Last edited by allmodcons; 26-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.