hibs.net Messageboard

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Between now and next season

What do we think will happen between now and start of next season?

I’d find it very strange if we don’t have new CEO by end of Feb/middle of March latest. I’m sure Ron Gordon will want to be involved as much as possible but it just won’t be the same as someone being here whose focus is 100% on Hibs. This summer, especially if we fall behind Aberdeen, will be a massive one in terms of decision making and club direction. I hope this pandemic will be behind us to the point where we can get some fans back (suspect it will be because can’t continue like this).

Do we think we’ll be announced as the Stenhousemuir of Bayern Munich? Or something like that.

Hearts will be back next season, so this season and our transition into next as a club will be a massive job. You’d think top half of league will be tighter next season.

Much debate about the head coach position but I suspect the transition from this season into next will be a defining period for the club. Leeann Dempster and George Craig seem to have had a massive impact on the club and I’m wondering if we are missing their enthusiasm and drive?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I’d find it very strange if we don’t have new CEO by end of Feb/middle of March latest. I’m sure Ron Gordon will want to be involved as much as possible but it just won’t be the same as someone being here whose focus is 100% on Hibs. This summer, especially if we fall behind Aberdeen, will be a massive one in terms of decision making and club direction. I hope this pandemic will be behind us to the point where we can get some fans back (suspect it will be because can’t continue like this).

Do we think we’ll be announced as the Stenhousemuir of Bayern Munich? Or something like that.

Hearts will be back next season, so this season and our transition into next as a club will be a massive job. You’d think top half of league will be tighter next season.

Much debate about the head coach position but I suspect the transition from this season into next will be a defining period for the club. Leeann Dempster and George Craig seem to have had a massive impact on the club and I’m wondering if we are missing their enthusiasm and drive?
    New CEO to be in place sooner rather than later

Top 4 finish

Decent Scottish Cup run - basically not getting papped out by someone we should be beating and even when we do go out, putting in a performance

Some of the players who aren’t contributing at all on the pitch to be moved on

Some form of identity to the team for the start of next season

Need a new CEO and think we’ll get one.

Don’t anticipate much changing on the pitch.

We’ll get to summer time and be talking again about sorting the midfield, even more so if Newell leaves and Irvine is only here short term.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You say “if we fall behind Aberdeen”. We can’t do that because we’ve been behind them for a number of years.