hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was doing ok struggled a bit with consistency but apart from that......?

Must have someone lined up.....

He did really well last season, decent results and gave their younger players lots of experience. Then Chelsea bought £200m of talent in the summer and I’m not sure anyone knows what their best team looks like now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Abramovich is ruthless, time is a precious commodity at Chelsea. Highly rewarding financially but if you don't deliver you're out. Apparently Lampard has the lowest points per game ratio of any Chelsea Manager in the Abramovich era. Its a tough gig. Tuchel will be in and out within 2 years.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He did really well last season, decent results and gave their younger players lots of experience. Then Chelsea bought £200m of talent in the summer and I’m not sure anyone knows what their best team looks like now.

Not helped by Timo Werner not hitting the ground running and injuries to other players

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Chelsea have won the EPL 5 times under Abramovich and he's sacked every manager that has won it. Tough job.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    Good job Julian Dicks isn’t a manager...
    ...Brilliant.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Lampard out, Klopp out, Ross out, McInnes out... Who'd be a manager
    Everyone! Only job in the world where you can be absolutely pish at and you get a whacking great payoff when you get sacked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hahah frank giruy you absolute weapon

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He could do “this morning” with his wife!

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Gerrard will be off in the summer.
    Unless he fancies a pop at getting to Champs League group stages a tough ask but not impossible.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    You cannae spend the money he has and still be below Aston Villa and West Ham, and joint with Southampton despite playing a game more than them. We’re half way through the season, he’s doing ***** with what he has.

They’re quite right to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You cannae spend the money he has and still be below Aston Villa and West Ham, and joint with Southampton despite playing a game more than them. We’re half way through the season, he’s doing ***** with what he has.

They’re quite right to sack him.
    I always find it funny how football fans are far more forgiving and defensive about managers of other teams than they are about their own.

If Hibs were in a comparable position to Chelsea with Killie, Ross County and Livi above us in the league there would be about 200 threads on here demanding human sacrifices as appeasement.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Ross out - Lampard in

Joking aside, he apparently has allegiances to a team from the west side of Glasgow.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I always find it funny how football fans are far more forgiving and defensive about managers of other teams than they are about their own.

If Hibs were in a comparable position to Chelsea with Killie, Ross County and Livi above us in the league there would be about 200 threads on here demanding human sacrifices as appeasement.
    There are fans doing that now, when we’re above all the teams we have a higher budget than, and below the ones whose budget is bigger than ours!

Imagine the threads after a hibs manager spent £200 million on summer signings - that made the team worse!
    Lampard's managerial career might never recover. He'll end up as a pundit next to Gary Neville - another successful player but a total failure as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Imagine the threads after a hibs manager spent £200 million on summer signings - that made the team worse!
    Lampard's managerial career might never recover. He'll end up as a pundit next to Gary Neville - another successful player but a total failure as a manager.
    He’s been a manager for what, 2 and a half years? Hardly a total failure. Lost in a playoff final to Villa, got Chelsea to a top 4 finish when they had a transfer embargo and played half their youth team, and then spent big in the summer but that was never going to bring instant success. Had them playing extremely good football and was brought in as an apprentice, Chelsea knew that, it was always going to take time. While struggling in the league he has them in the latter stages of the champions league and through in the FA cup.

I imagine that Frank will resume his learning curve at some sleeping giant in the championship. Plenty to choose from. I can't see him at Celtic!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I imagine that Frank will resume his learning curve at some sleeping giant in the championship. Plenty to choose from. I can't see him at Celtic!
    Despite a budget considerably less than Chelsea, I’d say the Celtic job is a bigger job than Chelsea. A season going toe to toe with Gerard would be the main topic of discussion in the media every day in Scotland, and attract a lot of interest from England, and with the high expectations from the fans and an expectancy of silverware every season then it’s a high pressure, high stakes job.

If he goes to Celtic he’s moving to a bigger club. Can’t see it but it would be good for the Scottish game having two very high profile Old Firm managers who have no previous connections to the clubs, which is no bad thing for the bigger picture.

@hibs.net private member
    Despite a budget considerably less than Chelsea, I’d say the Celtic job is a bigger job than Chelsea. A season going toe to toe with Gerard would be the main topic of discussion in the media every day in Scotland, and attract a lot of interest from England, and with the high expectations from the fans and an expectancy of silverware every season then it’s a high pressure, high stakes job.

If he goes to Celtic he’s moving to a bigger club. Can’t see it but it would be good for the Scottish game having two very high profile Old Firm managers who have no previous connections to the clubs, which is no bad thing for the bigger picture.

I can't see him having any real pedigree for the Celtic job, but Interested why you would see Celtic as a bigger club. A small example; Celtic 710k twitter followers, Chelsea 15.9M followers

It's the EPL that does it. at a global level Chelsea are on a completely different scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I think Chelsea will go for Nagelsmann at Leipzig
    they're appointing tuchel.

nagelsmann will be Dortmund manager next season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Not a chance is the Celtic job bigger than the chelsea job.

Not a chance. Chelsea a far bigger club. You ask any manager what job they would prefer, they would all say Chelsea.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

No danger

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Not a chance. Chelsea a far bigger club. You ask any manager what job they would prefer, they would all say Chelsea.
    Celtic is a bigger club than Chelsea. Whether it’s a bigger job is completely different, but don’t let the Russian billions or the Sky money trick you into thinking clubs down south are bigger. Outwith United and Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers are bigger than anything else down there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Celtic is a bigger club than Chelsea. Whether it’s a bigger job is completely different, but don’t let the Russian billions or the Sky money trick you into thinking clubs down south are bigger. Outwith United and Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers are bigger than anything else down there.
    Honestly that is no right ...there are many clubs bigger than both . And Rangers , despite their huge following here, don’t have a global following even anywhere near Celtic.

They are a niche big club but much smaller than many English clubs ..

Arsenal, Spurs , city , Chelsea , Newcastle and Villa in addition to those you’ve mentioned all on a different level to Celtic and certainly Rangers .. I’d even suggest clubs like Leicester are now bigger ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Honestly that is no right ...there are many clubs bigger than both . And Rangers , despite their huge following here, don’t have a global following even anywhere near Celtic.

They are a niche big club but much smaller than many English clubs ..

Arsenal, Spurs , city , Chelsea , Newcastle and Villa in addition to those you’ve mentioned all on a different level to Celtic and certainly Rangers .. I’d even suggest clubs like Leicester are now bigger ...
    In monetary terms due to inflated Sky money. You stick Rangers and Celtic in their shoes down south and there’s no comparison. Newcastle are big in their city, Man City are a half decent club influenced by billionaire owners, Chelsea likewise, Spurs and Arsenal are big in the North of London, none of those clubs are anywhere near as big worldwide.

No, they're not. Chelsea and Arsenal are considerably bigger than Celtic and Rangers.

In monetary terms due to inflated Sky money. You stick Rangers and Celtic in their shoes down south and there’s no comparison. Newcastle are big in their city, Man City are a half decent club influenced by billionaire owners, Chelsea likewise, Spurs and Arsenal are big in the North of London, none of those clubs are anywhere near as big worldwide.
    They're both much, much bigger worldwide. Trust me. I communicate daily with people from all over the world. None of them give a **** about Celtic or Rangers. They could all hold a conversation about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.

@hibs.net private member
    Nope. I’m talking global brands.....yes. If the old firm were in England their brand would grow. But they are not. And as a result they are nowhere near the scale ....

I know someone who worked in Rangers marketing..they were stunned about how actually limited their fans population is.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They're both much, much bigger worldwide. Trust me. I communicate daily with people from all over the world. None of them give a **** about Celtic or Rangers. They could all hold a conversation about Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea.
    That’s because the English league is pushed down their throats all over the world. I’m sure they could hold a conversation about Brighton as well but it doesn’t make them bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Nope. I’m talking global brands.....yes. If the old firm were in England their brand would grow. But they are not. And as a result they are nowhere near the scale ....

I know someone who worked in Rangers marketing..they were stunned about how actually limited their fans population is.
    Global brand based on money and exposure due to TV. Folk could’ve argued last year Bournemouth had a larger global brand than Aberdeen Hibs or Hearts but there’s not a chance they’re a bigger club. That league could take a pea and make it the size of an elephant, it’s all artificial.

The history and support base of the Old Firm dwarf’s the majority of the EPL.