hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slating Murphy

First Team Breakthrough

Slating Murphy

Does everybody think he should be slated ? , he’s not that bad a player , keeper made good save with feet and the chip that hit the bar could have happened to anyone , the only problem I see with him is his fitness

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does everybody think he should be slated ? , he’s not that bad a player , keeper made good save with feet and the chip that hit the bar could have happened to anyone , the only problem I see with him is his fitness
    I think he gives more against Celtic assists one and scores one in 2 2 game which is the behaviour of a Rangers fan/player. He needs to give Hibs that all the time and not just when we play Celtic.

Horgan is a better footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    No chance.

And that is constructive as my argument will get.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He’s an excellent player and has been a very good signing.

However, like many of our players, JR likes to play him out of position

The first miss I can just about accept even though it’s an absolute sitter they happen to everyone.

The second he is trying to be far too fancy. I don’t care what anyone says he’s about 3 yards out and the keeper is getting back to his feet just smash it hard and low into the corner.

What I absolutely cannot accept is his role or lack of in the 3rd. Rooney literally walks past him, receives the ball and fizzes it across goal for Conway to score a tap in.

I think you can see in glimpses he’s a good player but far too many times he’s easy to play against imo. He will cut infield and pass it to a centre mid. He doesn’t have the pace or strength to beat anyone with the exception of the old shoulder drop he does every now and again.

He always looks like he’s away to get injured too, it sounds harsh but he looks/plays like a frail old man that you can tell was good years ago but now struggles with his mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

What is his correct position though, and how does that fit in with our other players?

He's been hot and cold. Excellent on his day, very poor on others, injured a fair bit.

I do think we'd see a lot more from some of our players if we could find a striker who could play up front on his own or find a pairing who could play in central midfield as a 2.

As it happens we've got to have Boyle at WB, Nisbet or Doidge playing out of position or not in the side, etc etc.

352 gets as close as we can to playing to most players' strengths but you've still got Boyle at WB and no place for Murphy. 451 you get Boyle and Murphy into decent positions but neither of our strikers look right playing that way.

Our squad is weird and I could see us having to shift a few good players who don't fit to bring in a couple who just fit better. The problem is, some of the players we might need to shift might be more recent arrivals.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I’m not sure he’s good enough now for us. He’s clearly been a good player but he’s extremely slow and i think the team suffers with trying to fit him into it.

Maybe i’m wrong but i don’t think it was worth signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The first miss I can just about accept even though it’s an absolute sitter they happen to everyone.

The second he is trying to be far too fancy. I don’t care what anyone says he’s about 3 yards out and the keeper is getting back to his feet just smash it hard and low into the corner.

What I absolutely cannot accept is his role or lack of in the 3rd. Rooney literally walks past him, receives the ball and fizzes it across goal for Conway to score a tap in.

I think you can see in glimpses he’s a good player but far too many times he’s easy to play against imo. He will cut infield and pass it to a centre mid. He doesn’t have the pace or strength to beat anyone with the exception of the old shoulder drop he does every now and again.

He always looks like he’s away to get injured too, it sounds harsh but he looks/plays like a frail old man that you can tell was good years ago but now struggles with his mobility.
    He couldn’t put the second one in the corner due to the defender flying across the goal. He had to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

He's not been excellent and he's played in his proper position of left of a front 3 , or left of an attacking midfield 3. It's where he played yesterday.

He can go back to Ibrox any time he likes. Both misses were unforgivable

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He couldn’t put the second one in the corner due to the defender flying across the goal. He had to lift it.
    Sorry I just don’t agree with that. The goalie is getting back to his feet and the defender is trying to slide into his path aswell, trying to chip a goalie from that close is always going to be very difficult.

Foot through it for me.

If I see anyone in that position, for or against us and they have they have that chance I’m expecting the net to burst.

Agree on what we have seen so far from Murphy. Remember Murphy was not getting a game at The Rangers.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnr17 View Post
    This

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not in the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I think he gives more against Celtic assists one and scores one in 2 2 game which is the behaviour of a Rangers fan/player. He needs to give Hibs that all the time and not just when we play Celtic.
    Given he can't play against Rangers that can't be proven. He scored against Dundee maybe he hates them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not in the same ballpark.
    Yup, Horgan would have contributed a hell of alot more than what Murphy has.

Yup, Horgan would have contributed a hell of alot more than what Murphy has.
    Not on last seasons showing

@hibs.net private member
    I like him and he shouldn't be hammered for missing a chance.

But I fear we've got him a few years too late. Worried his injuries have taken their tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnr17 View Post
    Because he missed a chance? Pathetic.

You'll be licking his hoop if he goes on a good run. Unforgiveable I've forgiven him already, a human who made a mistake, nothing more.

Sadly, players live and die by what they do on the big stage. Murphy was given the perfect chance to prove his worth, and came up short. Not only was it an horrific double miss, it was like a shot in the arm for St Johnstone - just as Nisbet's pen miss in the SC Semi was for Hearts.

He may go on to score and make lots of goals for Hibs, but we need our better players to perform when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Sorry I just don’t agree with that. The goalie is getting back to his feet and the defender is trying to slide into his path aswell, trying to chip a goalie from that close is always going to be very difficult.

Foot through it for me.

If I see anyone in that position, for or against us and they have they have that chance I’m expecting the net to burst.
    Trying to upload a photo but it won’t let me. The defender is literally diving at his feet, although Clark is trying to get up he’s also moving across his goal. There is no way he could go for the smallest possible target in the bottom corner. The thought was correct, the execution was horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Because he missed a chance? Pathetic.

You'll be licking his hoop if he goes on a good run. Unforgiveable I've forgiven him already, a human who made a mistake, nothing more.

He missed 2 chances the boys mince. Get rid and sign better he's done.

Folk are debating the 2 chances and I can see both sides of the argument. What we should be talking about is the 3rd goal. Absolutely unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Folk are debating the 2 chances and I can see both sides of the argument. What we should be talking about is the 3rd goal. Absolutely unforgivable.
    Yup a total lack of interest from him. He chucked it 100% he actually reminded me of some of Butchers duds last night. Spineless

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Got to wonder if some folk watch the game as the rest of us, horgan was brutal apart from a handful of good games

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    He missed 2 chances the boys mince. Get rid and sign better he's done.
    Ooft 2 whole chances. Mental we haven't already terminated his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    He replaced Horgan and so far for me has not been as effective as Daryl was. The stats back that up in terms of goals and more particularly assists per minute. Horgan also provided a bit of a buzz and energy and worked far harder tracking back than Murphy imo but that is a bit unfair as I have only seen Murphy on TV. No doubt there is ability but it hasn't really led to many goals or assists.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Trying to upload a photo but it won’t let me. The defender is literally diving at his feet, although Clark is trying to get up he’s also moving across his goal. There is no way he could go for the smallest possible target in the bottom corner. The thought was correct, the execution was horrendous.
    The first chance is a shocking miss. The second he actually did really well to gauge the type of finish required but he still should score that more times than not. If he chips it and the keeper gets a hand on it fair enough but to miss the target was poor. Here is the screenshot and your description is spot on
    Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    I’m not sure he’s good enough now for us. He’s clearly been a good player but he’s extremely slow and i think the team suffers with trying to fit him into it.

Maybe i’m wrong but i don’t think it was worth signing him.
    I think If you look at the lack of quality depth rangers have in the wide areas it maybe should have made hibs think twice about signing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk