hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Not overly sure it would’ve been a game for Newell with the pitch the way it is. Love him and think he’s one of our best players, but could end up being a battle in the middle (I hope it does anyway and we get stuck in), Gogic needs to stay disciplined in his position, with hopefully Hallberg and Irvine providing the legs beside him. Think he’ll probably play Nisbet on the left and Boyle right with Doidge up top.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That`s disappointing.
    It’s on the Hibs YouTube pre match press conference
    For the posters who didn’t like his style, I thought Jack looked and sounded focused on the game tomorrow

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s on the Hibs YouTube pre match press conference
    For the posters who didn’t like his style, I thought Jack looked and sounded focused on the game tomorrow
    Agree. Get the impression Newell was always going to be out for a few weeks

@hibs.net private member
    Crap pitch and newell out so i don't expect us to be moving the ball through the middle of the park much tomorrow. I'm not a fan of gogic but this game is probably as suited to him as we will ever get.

352 for me, doidge up front with nisbet to suit a more direct game. Hallberg and irvine have both shown they have energy about them and can get up to support the strikers so i would start them in front of gogic. Doig on the left and i would play wright or cadden on the right and let them do a defensive job. Boyle needs to know he isn't undroppable and if we can stay in the game i don't think it would be bad to have an angry boyle to come on going into the last half hour along with allan.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Doidge, McGinn, Irvine and Newell if fit all have to start.

Beyond that I'm stumped. I'd probably struggle to make a strong case for anyone to really deserve a start. The only area we have real room for manourevre in is midfield. No real options to change it in central defence or up top.

Marciano

Wright (RWB)
    McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig (LWB)

Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell

Nisbet
    Doidge

I fully expect peltier for suggesting Wright starts but he has done a job twice v Rangers this season. Scoring at ER and was defensively solid at Ibrox. Hallberg in for Newell if he's still out.
    Would agree with most of this. The only change I would make would be Macey, should never of been dropped in the first place IMO. Nobody is guaranteed a spot in the team and Rocky should have to come in and win his spot back after Macey got off to a good start.

Just seen Newell is out, Allan in for Newell if fit to start, if not then Hallberg.
    Last edited by Anthony Soprano; 27-01-2021 at 11:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
    Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Rocky should never have got his place back so easy. Porteous needs to realise he's not a first pick. Boyle - see Porteous.
    Doidge was our best, most unconventional goal scorer and we were so dangerous when he was on form.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Rocky is our number one and rarely lets us down. Not sure why he wouldn't go straight back in.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
    Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Rocky should never have got his place back so easy. Porteous needs to realise he's not a first pick. Boyle - see Porteous.
    Doidge was our best, most unconventional goal scorer and we were so dangerous when he was on form.

Quite like the look of that team could drop either central defender but I would drop Hanlon and see what Porteous and MacGregor are like together .

Marciano
    McGinn Hanlon McGregor Doig

Gogic

Boyle Halberg Newel

ivine

Nisbet

He could push Doig to make the 5 in Midfield

TBH I fear the worst

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Marciano
    McGinn Hanlon McGregor Doig

Gogic

Boyle Halberg Newel

ivine

Nisbet

He could push Doig to make the 5 in Midfield

TBH I fear the worst

Just found out Newal is out so Cadden will come in

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Quite like the look of that team could drop either central defender but I would drop Hanlon and see what Porteous and MacGregor are like together .
    I just want to get players in their natural positions.

Porteous, in my opinion, needs to know he can be dropped. MacGregor is a leader.

Cadden is RWB, Doig is LWB.

Hallberg has the second most assists for us.

Boyle, hasn't played since he signed a new contract.

Nisbet and Doidge were forming an excellent partnership.

You could bring Boyle on for Nisbet, Magennis on for Hallberg/Irvine, Porteous could replace Darren later. IMO Allan should make cameo appearances in games we are coasting.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Left by mutual consent!
    3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
    Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

I'd try Maccy too.

Interested to see how Irvine does against Rangers, like the look of him, could be a very good player for Hibs.

I just want to get players in their natural positions.

Porteous, in my opinion, needs to know he can be dropped. MacGregor is a leader.

Cadden is RWB, Doig is LWB.

Hallberg has the second most assists for us.

Boyle, hasn't played since he signed a new contract.

Nisbet and Doidge were forming an excellent partnership.

You could bring Boyle on for Nisbet, Magennis on for Hallberg/Irvine, Porteous could replace Darren later. IMO Allan should make cameo appearances in games we are coasting.
    The Hallberg assists thing needs a wee bit context IMO.

One against Brora. One against Cove (playing right back). Brought down for a penalty at Livingston. A two yard pass to Magennis against Dundee Utd. A decent run and cross against Motherwell.

He’s not some kind of creative spark for us. With the signing of Irvine and Allan and Magennis on the way back, I think he’ll struggle to get as much game time. Tonight might be too soon for them so he might play (and hopefully gets another assist if he does).

Coaching Staff
    To be frank I really don't think it matters what team Hibs put out tomorrow, rangers will be just too strong.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    So, is this match included via Hibs Pass for season ticket holders? Or is it only for international Hibs TV holders seeing as the games in Sky Sports?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    To be frank I really don't think it matters what team Hibs put out tomorrow, rangers will be just too strong.
    Especially since tomorrow we'll be a day late!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Especially since tomorrow we'll be a day late!
    Ah you spotted my deliberate mistake 😁

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    So, is this match included via Hibs Pass for season ticket holders? Or is it only for international Hibs TV holders seeing as the games in Sky Sports?
    Yes, Hibs Pass is for all home games I believe.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Yes, Hibs Pass is for all home games I believe.
    Superb! Cheers for the reply. I was under the impression of it wa son Sky Sports we couldn't view via Hibs Pass. Must be wrong! Thanks again.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Superb! Cheers for the reply. I was under the impression of it wa son Sky Sports we couldn't view via Hibs Pass. Must be wrong! Thanks again.
    You're welcome.

When a match is covered by Sky it means we can't do PPV which is different from Hibs Pass.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Are we in for a surprise and Scott Allan starting?

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Are we in for a surprise and Scott Allan starting?
    I'd always be starting him.

There's a decent partnership to be made there with Kevin Nisbet.

I don't know much about his health issues though and it may be a bit soon for him to be starting games.

Just don't know though.

I don't know how much our pitch will suit him over the rest of this season to be honest. We might be as well abandoning football altogether and just lumping it as it has looked very difficult to play on in recent matches.

It may just be just another random selection and set up which will confuse us all.

3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
    Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Macy was brought in to replace Barnes and he's done that. Macy has not made a save that Marciano couldn't have and his positioning for Turnbull's free kick at Parkhead was poor. His handling and kicking have not inspired confidence so its Rocky for me.

Porteous is first pick, unquestionably and justifiably. Darren's use of the ball has never been a strong point and he has looked shaky in his league cup appearances. Ryan keeps the jersey.

Cadden was anonymous at Hampden. Gullan for me. He is more than capable of the strong running role required to fill the wing back position and he deserves the opportunity to be starting.

The unconventional Doidge has hardly been on form all season. Boyle's pace and ball striking ability is more likely to trouble Rangers tall centre backs.

I'd also play Scott Allan instead of Gogic.

I think Boyle has been like playing a man short at the minute however he'd be a decent out ball tonight. We'll have next to no possession so need to hit them on the break quickly when we do get it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    Macy was brought in to replace Barnes and he's done that. Macy has not made a save that Marciano couldn't have and his positioning for Turnbull's free kick at Parkhead was poor. His handling and kicking have not inspired confidence so its Rocky for me.

Porteous is first pick, unquestionably and justifiably. Darren's use of the ball has never been a strong point and he has looked shaky in his league cup appearances. Ryan keeps the jersey.

Cadden was anonymous at Hampden. Gullan for me. He is more than capable of the strong running role required to fill the wing back position and he deserves the opportunity to be starting.

The unconventional Doidge has hardly been on form all season. Boyle's pace and ball striking ability is more likely to trouble Rangers tall centre backs.

While I’d always have Rocky in from the start, there was nothing wrong with Maceys positioning for the goal at Celtic park. There is also absolutely no chance of Gullan playing right wing back when he’s a left footed striker. And Scott Allan is still coming back to full fitness and we need Gogic’s combative style against this side.

(Gk) Marciano

(Cb) Porteous
    (Cb) McGregor
    (Cb) Hanlon

(Rwb) McGinn
    (Lwb) Doig

(Cm) Hallberg
    (Cm) Gogic
    (Cm) Irvine

(Cf) Doidge
    (Cf) Nisbet

Brining in McGregor to support Porteous and Hanlon with any slip ups, but also to have a leader on the park.

If we can hold The Rangers for as long as possible, frustrating them by breaking up the play will work, hopefully, with that starting 11.

Then, if the game is close, brining people like Allan and Boyle to switch the game around could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Difficult to care after the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here, what will piss me of if we raise our game tonight but not against poor teams like the poppy thieves, Ross County, Dundee United.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post

I had Cadden at RWB, Gullan can’t play there, not that I know. Unsure how at 22 Porto is first pick, especially after shipping two goals and hardly inspiring in his last five outings.

Maccy was signed to challenge Rocky, in my eyes he was doing that.

Scott Allan - it was wrong to bring him on on Saturday. It’s wrong to start him tonight. He’s not ready.

When was the last time Boyle struck a ball in anger towards goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    While I’d always have Rocky in from the start, there was nothing wrong with Maceys positioning for the goal at Celtic park. There is also absolutely no chance of Gullan playing right wing back when he’s a left footed striker. And Scott Allan is still coming back to full fitness and we need Gogic’s combative style against this side.
    Yes there was. The space left to the scored side of the goal was too much even for a 6ft 7in goalie. it was a goal before the kick was taken.

And yet Jack Ross is hellbent on playing the right footed McGennis on the left hand side of the pitch on every occasion he throws him in.

We don't need Gogic playing 3 5 2 at home with Hallberg in the side. We need footballers who are capable of passing the ball. Scott Allan does that.

Its Rangers we're playing and with a wee bit more belief we can do more than get a 2- 2 draw or 1 nil defeat.