hibs.net Messageboard

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar

Spineless Gutless performance

Well as been a hibby for many a year !.
    That was an inept ,gutless ,spineless performance and what really annoys me and I hope all of the rest of us hibees is we don’t play with energy or high intensity at all!!.
    I don’t see bodies on the line or high tempo ..
    livi who have no worldbeaters in their ranks play as though their lives depended on it ?
    Is this a coaching problem we have or a lack of real heart and desire to win no matter what it takes.
    Mr Ross look in the mirror today and ask where do you want us to go and what are our ambitions?
    we are HIBS ,we should be competing with Rangers,Celtic,Aberdeen and they should know they have been in a game!!
    not surrendering meekly and cowardly to Ross county,Livingston and st Johnstone!!!.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was an inept ,gutless ,spineless performance and what really annoys me and I hope all of the rest of us hibees is we don’t play with energy or high intensity at all!!.
    livi who have no worldbeaters in their ranks play as though their lives depended on it ?
    Is this a coaching problem we have or a lack of real heart and desire to win no matter what it takes.
    Mr Ross look in the mirror today and ask where do you want us to go and what are our ambitions?
    we are HIBS ,we should be competing with Rangers,Celtic,Aberdeen and they should know they have been in a game!!
    not surrendering meekly and cowardly to Ross county,Livingston and st Johnstone!!!.

25 years iv watched Hibs and iv lost count of the gutless spineless meek cowardly surrenders iv seen . It's nothing new mate we've all seen this movie before

Yeah !!
    recurring issues and movie for all hibees !!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    25 years iv watched Hibs and iv lost count of the gutless spineless meek cowardly surrenders iv seen . It's nothing new mate we've all seen this movie before
    .....and I didn’t like the ending

Hibs have given the old firm tough games this season. We've also always lost games to smaller clubs and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hibs have given the old firm tough games this season. We've also always lost games to smaller clubs and always will.
    Very true, however the quandary is why?
    We have also developed a consistency to bottle it every winter. We always have a real loss of form around Jan/Feb.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    25 years !.....honestly, youngsters today!....I'm 61 so I've had to live with results like this for a while....I'm afraid with a paltry 8 cup wins in 145 years, this isn't something new for hibs fans...in fact guys my age have been spoilt with 6 of those wins in our time.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Do we really need another thread telling us how **** we are

United we stand here....

Yes!!
    we do!!

what is fundamentally wrong with us ?
    apart from from the obvious?

Yes!!
    we do!!

what is fundamentally wrong with us ?
    apart from from the obvious?
    Nothing. We're a football club than wins and loses games.

Yes we win and lose like any other,but I’m trying to say we have some sort of mentality issues in big matches and the coaching staff have to look at what’s going wrong and where do we want to get to as a club?
    what are our goals and aspirations going forwards..
    we do not play with a high enough tempo or intensity?
    we are soft in defence .
    we bottle matches ...
    The HIBS way of course .

@hibs.net private member

All that was said after the last Scottish Cup semi final .
    One man to blame for it Jack Ross the team reflects the manager.
    In all my time supporting Hibs bar Eddie Turnbull who won the league as a player and silverware as a manager before he managed Hibs any cup winning team has been managed by an ex old firm player who knew what it is to win something when the pressure is on.
    Alex Miller , John Collins and Alan Stubbs were all winners as players.
    Stubbs had a decent record against the bigger teams and was a great move bringing in Stokes and Henderson to finally win the holy grail .
    I am not saying bring back Stubbs his time has gone.
    Mind you on the downside Terry ####### Butcher .

I agree totally!.
    The team reflects our current incumbent I’m afraid .
    Watching HIBS at the moment I keep saying we are missing something and and are soft as sh*te at the back.
    Mr Ross keeps rolling out the players are humble,fine margins blah blah..
    jeezo ,we are not even near Aberdeen in squad depth or to get to challenge old firm or winning trophies ?
    we do not have intensity or press high enough or seem to know how to respond to situations on the field in adversity at all.

we have a plethora of midfielders,no real quality back up in the strikers or at central defence..

some players are not being put under pressure in their positions and are on easy street ie Hanlon and Porto.
    Last edited by Steve Austin; 24-01-2021 at 08:07 PM.