How do I cancel Premier Sports?

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do I cancel Premier Sports?

Thanks
    I done it last night, I went online and clicked the existing sky customer part, go to subscription and then gives you the option to cancel, not sure what to do if not with sky sorry

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    I done it last night, I went online and clicked the existing sky customer part, go to subscription and then gives you the option to cancel, not sure what to do if not with sky sorry
    Many Thanks

That worked great

Thank you

I tried online and get a message saying to wait 48 hours since signing up before cancelling.

I don't like the tactics this lot use to force people into staying with them or forgetting. I can cancel every other subscription service straight after subscribing, but not premier sports. Fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I tried online and get a message saying to wait 48 hours since signing up before cancelling.

I don't like the tactics this lot use to force people into staying with them or forgetting. I can cancel every other subscription service straight after subscribing, but not premier sports. Fishy.
    Hardly, you’re being unreasonable. If you only subscribed yesterday it won’t even have gone through the system fully yet, your payment won’t even have been paid to them yet.

Such difficulty to wait the requested 48 hours then go back in and press a couple of buttons....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    They’re well worth the subscription IMO. Some great content on Premier. Far better than BT Sport and cheaper.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Had heard the suggestions of how tricky it can be to unsubscribe/cancel so gave it a wide berth and settled for Hesgoal again. Had to refresh a few times but largely reliable and free gratis.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Many Thanks

That worked great

Thank you
    When I went in to the site to cancel last night they offered me another 3 months for £6.50 a month.
    l declined and cancelled.All very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    They’re well worth the subscription IMO. Some great content on Premier. Far better than BT Sport and cheaper.
    Surprised at that. With the amount of coverage American sports get between BT/ESPN channels thought you'd have found them better. I get them included in my Virgin package so no idea how much more expensive it is individually compared to Premier which I no longer have.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Surprised at that. With the amount of coverage American sports get between BT/ESPN channels thought you'd have found them better. I get them included in my Virgin package so no idea how much more expensive it is individually compared to Premier which I no longer have.
    Full NHL coverage, full Pro-14 coverage (my main sport viewing these days), full La Liga and Serie A coverage...i already get access to NCAAF via working for a Pac12 college, and we have a syndicate for full baseball coverage via MLB.tv.

Im perhaps an abnormal case but for £10 a month, its great value IMO.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Full NHL coverage, full Pro-14 coverage (my main sport viewing these days), full La Liga and Serie A coverage...i already get access to NCAAF via working for a Pac12 college, and we have a syndicate for full baseball coverage via MLB.tv.

Im perhaps an abnormal case but for £10 a month, its great value IMO.
    Scottish cup too

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Hardly, you’re being unreasonable. If you only subscribed yesterday it won’t even have gone through the system fully yet, your payment won’t even have been paid to them yet.

Such difficulty to wait the requested 48 hours then go back in and press a couple of buttons....
    I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to expect to be able to cancel a subscription the day after you subscribed, we're living in 2021 not the dawn of the internet. Netflix, Amazon, Hibs TV, now TV, Spotify and way more all allow you to do it, but premier sports don't. It's nothing to do with my payment, they don't need to have received my payment before the subscription for the next month is cancelled, that's obvious surely?

My point was that it seems like a tactic to get more money out of people by hoping they forget, I wouldn't mind if it was in isolation but I've heard or seen plenty other stories on here around them forcing people to phone up to cancel and so on.

I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to expect to be able to cancel a subscription the day after you subscribed, we're living in 2021 not the dawn of the internet. Netflix, Amazon, Hibs TV, now TV, Spotify and way more all allow you to do it, but premier sports don't. It's nothing to do with my payment, they don't need to have received my payment before the subscription for the next month is cancelled, that's obvious surely?

My point was that it seems like a tactic to get more money out of people by hoping they forget, I wouldn't mind if it was in isolation but I've heard or seen plenty other stories on here around them forcing people to phone up to cancel and so on.
    Wow, so you have experience with all those companies of subscribing one day and cancelling the next?
    You must be an absolute joy of a customer.

You mention it’s 2021 and not the dawn of the internet, so set a wee reminder in that device you are using for, say, Tuesday, log in, cancel with a couple of clicks and jobs done.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Wow, so you have experience with all those companies of subscribing one day and cancelling the next?
    You must be an absolute joy of a customer.

You mention it’s 2021 and not the dawn of the internet, so set a wee reminder in that device you are using for, say, Tuesday, log in, cancel with a couple of clicks and jobs done.
    Think you're missing the point, I have no issue with doing it myself, what I have issue with is when a company puts in place what looks like a cheap tactic to hope that people forget or can't be bothered with the hassle of cancelling.

And since when was it considered being a terrible customer to sign up to a service for only a month? Am I supposed to just sign up for a year instead out of the good of my heart? You might have the dosh to do that mate but I certainly don't

And since when was it considered being a terrible customer to sign up to a service for only a month? Am I supposed to just sign up for a year instead out of the good of my heart? You might have the dosh to do that mate but I certainly don't
    Not at all, and Premier Sports don’t have any minimum contract, so they never asked you to.

All they probably expect of you is to let them sort out the admin of taking your first payment before you cancel.

Enjoy the rest of your month with Premier Sports, it’s damn good value, the La Liga games are worth it on their own, and Serie A is pretty good as well.