hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mathie

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't answer the question, though.

As Hibsbollah said, it's impossible to make a judgement.
    So educate me on how bringing one in worked?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    So educate me on how bringing one in worked?
    You're missing the point

You can't prove that it didn't work.

I can't prove that it did.

The only way a conclusion could be reached in this case would be with (as Bollah says), 2 parallel Universes. One with the help, one without, and then compare the results.

In many circumstances, those conclusions can be reached with the use of control groups. In a professional team sport situation, that just isn't possible.

It is, however, possible for individuals. I would be more interested in the relevant stats for the players themselves.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 24-01-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You're missing the point

You can't prove that it didn't work.

I can't prove that it did.

The only way a conclusion could be reached in this case would be with (as Bollah says), 2 parallel Universes. One with the help, one without, and then compare the results.

In many circumstances, those conclusions can be reached with the use of control groups. In a professional team sport situation, that just isn't possible.

It is, however, possible for individuals. I would be more interested in the relevant stats for the players themselves.
    He was brought in to specifically stop hibs loosing points from winning positions. That did not happen 🤷🏻*♂️ Therefore he did not work. Simple stuff 😂

He was brought in to specifically stop hibs loosing points from winning positions. That did not happen 🤷🏻*♂️ Therefore he did not work. Simple stuff 😂
    Trying again; Imagine you’re at school, doing an exam. You’ve gone into that exam by preparing and studying for a month. You write all the answers down, walk out of the exam hall. You’ve gone home, 5 weeks letter you get your results in the post. You, wee Jack Ross in S4, open the envelope. You got a D. You’ve failed.

Your argument is, that in the above scenario, all that studying you did, made no difference to your performance. But what Cropley and I am trying to point out is that without all that studying, you would have got an E. It’s still a fail, but your performance has improved.

Although you’ve ultimately still failed with a D, if you continue with your sensible learning and studying, you might get an A instead of a B in your next exam.

The one months extra studying is a metaphor for what happens when sports people practice positive visualisation.

Well the results on the park didn’t improve
    Ah right. I thought you actually knew something about it. Turns out no, just pure guesswork.

I'm absolutely sure that has actually worked then. We lose far less points from winning positions. Nothing will ever stop a team losing points from winning positions. Only reduce it.