hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stick with Ross.....for now. He needs to stop giving away the midfield though. Yesterday was better in first half as Irvine and Gogic grafted hard to win back the ball but the switch to only two in there was a mistake he keeps repeating. That need to stop. Midfield is a battle and so far this season we are not battling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But you make a key point he keeps repeating that same mistake Two in midfield and teams know how to get on top of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A lot more than they beat us is a lot more than just a majority of the time.
    Is it just a majority? Like I say I don’t have the stats to hand but removing Rangers Celtic Hearts and Aberdeen which we’ve acknowledged his record, I’d be very surprised if it’s just a small majority, and not a large swing in our favour considering we are third in a table since Ross took over.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We won’t be in the last four of a cup competition minus both the big two again. We won’t get as good an opportunity to win a trophy.

this what a chance we had and the players let us down so badly, why did they fold after the 2nd goal, been through this so many times with hibs and today i'm still so freakin angry

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A lot more than they beat us is a lot more than just a majority of the time.
    Back of the fag packet stats, but removing the cup ties and the Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/Hearts games our record under Ross is played 28, won 16, drawn 8 and lost 4. Exactly the sort of record I’d imagine we’d have. We beat these teams majority of the time under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’m sick of seeing getting to last nights semi as some kind of achievement. Look at our route to get there?

We’ve just been ****ing pumped by st J in a semi final. It’s absolutely no achievement getting there.
    Too many people happy to just sit back and accept mediocrity. The club will never progress that way. I just hope Ron/New CEO can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Too many people happy to just sit back and accept mediocrity. The club will never progress that way. I just hope Ron/New CEO can see that.
    Hibs supporters have sat back and accept mediocrity for decades, indeed you are attacked and labelled a bed wetter if you have the temerity to point out that we under achieve regularly and God forbid if you dare to mention that a player might have some weakness in their game or might not actually be up to the task. Just keep quiet snd repeat it’s all fine, it will come good !

As Rons 5 year plan is to have Hibs as Scotlands 3rd force ,in the both cups and in Europe every year im sure he willbtake action by end of season as cant see Ross taking us to third place even 4th.

Coaching Staff
    Could be that people just see a different way which is sticking with a manager and letting him solve the issues over time.

We are now at the margins of taking a team from 4th to 3rd and taking teams to finals.

The current manager has us still in a position to battle for 3rd this year and I think well placed to make sure this team gets better from here. We have been a couple of incidents going either way away from finals.

So you can take a call that another manager might be the difference now in those small margins and that is worth the hassle and costs and risks of doing so, or you can allow the current one to keep on the patch that has is extremely close to where everyone seems to agree we should be.

Do you know of a manager who is guaranteed to do these things?

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Hibs supporters have sat back and accept mediocrity for decades, indeed you are attacked and labelled a bed wetter if you have the temerity to point out that we under achieve regularly and God forbid if you dare to mention that a player might have some weakness in their game or might not actually be up to the task. Just keep quiet snd repeat it’s all fine, it will come good !
    What practical things should Hibs fans do instead? Or are we just taking about people who moan on Internet forums v people who don't again?
    Last edited by G15 Hibs; 24-01-2021 at 02:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I used to remember we called for the managers head when we were struggling to stay in the league, or when we were plummeting like a stone towards relegation.

Now we want a manager sacked because he cant win semi finals, and we sit 4th with a good chance of maybe making 3rd.

Lets get rid, it will be easy to take us that next step of making finals and finishing 3rd, we do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Could be that people just see a different way which is sticking with a manager and letting him solve the issues over time.

We are now at the margins of taking a team from 4th to 3rd and taking teams to finals.

The current manager has us still in a position to battle for 3rd this year and I think well placed to make sure this team gets better from here. We have been a couple of incidents going either way away from finals.

So you can take a call that another manager might be the difference now in those small margins and that is worth the hassle and costs and risks of doing so, or you can allow the current one to keep on the patch that has is extremely close to where everyone seems to agree we should be.

Do you know of a manager who is guaranteed to do these things?
    No I do not, but then again it's not my job to hire the manager.

No I do not, but then again it's not my job to hire the manager.
    I am on record as saying he wont be Hibs manager next season that may still be the case but if it comes true then it will be because of fan pressure. IMO the best way forward is for us to continue to support the club in the same way we have because he will turn this around. I have said that he wont and no wonder taking into consideration our recent three losses and poor form for the past couple of months. Once the new players bed in I am sure we will have enough in our armoury to push for third and have a decent SC run.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I am on record as saying he wont be Hibs manager next season that may still be the case but if it comes true then it will be because of fan pressure. IMO the best way forward is for us to continue to support the club in the same way we have because he will turn this around. I have said that he wont and no wonder taking into consideration our recent three losses and poor form for the past couple of months. Once the new players bed in I am sure we will have enough in our armoury to push for third and have a decent SC run.
    A push for third and a decent SC run are the minimum this club should be pushing for each season but when you've had two chances and one in particular a glorious chance at at trophy and ****ed it compiled with losing several 'big' games then there is no going back. That would be accepting failure.

A push for third and a decent SC run are the minimum this club should be pushing for each season but when you've had two chances and one in particular a glorious chance at at trophy and ****ed it compiled with losing several 'big' games then there is no going back. That would be accepting failure.
    Exactly, its possible that fan pressure because of the fair and honest reasons you give might push him out. Its possible that he will win us around by turning us around. There is no doubt in my mind that he has an eye on the league while St J were totally focused on that cup, Hibs have other irons in the fire and St J do not. I sound like a fan of JR but I am not. I do agree that we need to focus on getting a Euro place and so understand what he is up to. However the way he is going about managing each match in my opinion is or has been wrong. My gut tells me he will have a season run jn as strong as our season start, which was strong. Just a gut feeling and I could be proved wrong I hope not and not for JRs sake but for our sake which means for Hibs sake because its us who are Hibs not him not the players and not RG.