1. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tommy Wright
    You’re at it

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    You’re at it
    No, his record at St.Johnstone speaks for itself. Knows the league & players and won’t take any nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    If folk think the football is bad under Ross they’d be in for a shock with Tommy Wright. None of the names mentioned recently as possible replacements have stood out and made me think I’d sack Ross to get him in. Yogi, Wright, Stubbs, Robinson all no’s for me.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 24-01-2021 at 07:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    No, his record at St.Johnstone speaks for itself. Knows the league & players and won’t take any nonsense.
    Not a chance you are being serious with that post

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Doesn't matter a f*** who the next manager is,the same folk will want him out within a few games.

I long for Hibs to appoint a manager who is given a decent length of time.

This 18 months to two years stints is getting us nowhere.

Your more successful clubs give managers a decent length of time.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    There’s a whole world of managers I’d expect Hibs to know about that I wouldn’t expect us as fans to know about - whether that’s down south in Leagues 1 and 2 etc or abroad or even just out of work.

From the very limited knowledge of managers available though, I’d quite happily take Stubbs back.

We’ve got decent attacking players and he plays football the way Hibs fans want us to play, something which he thrives upon.

I would say though that I’d expect Hibs to be able to find an even better option elsewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Doesn't matter a f*** who the next manager is,the same folk will want him out within a few games.

I disagree, the only reason we’d keep a manager for 3 or 4 years plus is if he wasn’t good enough for any bigger club to want him.

In terms of both players and managers, I want guys on the up, destined for bigger things. We get as much out of them as we can before they head off to a higher level.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

That’s all well and good, but when the manager is constantly failing at the big moments you can’t just stick by him when all the evidence says he’s never going to manage to get over that hurdle.

He couldn’t do it in his last role at Sunderland and he has been an abomination at Hibs in the big games. Giving him 3 or 4 years will only likely see 3 or 4 years of bottling near enough every big game we play and a load of skelpings along the way.

First Team Regular
    John Doolan for me

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I disagree, the only reason we’d keep a manager for 3 or 4 years plus is if he wasn’t good enough for any bigger club to want him.

In terms of both players and managers, I want guys on the up, destined for bigger things. We get as much out of them as we can before they head off to a higher level.
    You're ideal is spot on but never seems to work and it's not easy sadly.

We get a manager in, he gets a few results, people say we would have lost that game under the previous manager, wee while later same folks want him out.

I don't think there are many great options out there should JR go and certainly none that guarantee success.

If I had to take a punt I would possibly go for Jim Goodwin. Hated him playing against us but have warmed to him as a manager. Talks sense to me when interviewed, got St.Mirren doing well, is passionate and isn't afraid to play young players.

So we keep him for 3-4 years just for stability even if that means mediocrity.

Ron stated he wants to be the best of the rest, that means 3rd place and regular cup finals/wins, being knocked out in 2 semi's and losing badly at hone to 2 bog standard clubs isn't being best of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    What a load of nonsense. That’s a weak mentality to have - accepting he can lose the important games and it doesn’t matter.

So say he was to get us relegated - you don’t sack him ?

You say sack him when they don’t get to the big games...surely that means when he doesn’t get to x2 finals ????

Does he have to get us to the Champions League final to be sacked ?? Or lose to Hearts with another pathetic performance. Or lose again to Aberdeen / Old Firm / Livi / Ross County / St Johnstone loads of times to make it obvious he’s never going to win us anything. He’s Mcinnes part 2 - though least DM beats Hibs regularly.

Never said it didn't matter. It certainly does matter. My point is calls to sack the manager are a knee jerk reaction because folk are pissed off we lost a semi. It's short sighted, ott and totally missed the fact that he's a manager that is performing significantly above average.

If he got us relegated? Yeah, sack him.

Big games for us are semi finals. C'mon be realistic

He might not win us anything. Vast majority of all out managers never have. Unfortunately that's not the yardstick of a good manager for us at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    It’s really not a knee jerk reaction at all.
    I disagree.

You lose a semi final.

You want to vent. Manager is awful needs punted.

The bigger picture tells a different story

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    I disagree.

You lose a semi final.

You want to vent. Manager is awful needs punted.

The bigger picture tells a different story
    Hearts dsemi, Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone losses, with a less than convincing performance against a poor killie team in between those last 3.

Its not kneejerk, its the straw that broke the camels back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Can we put Green and white Ribbons on Semi finals or 4th place...c'mon we should be looking to win cups. For years and years the club claimed to building for the future. Its now 2021 and we are still a poor side despite having facilities such as Eastmains, Easter road and a damn good support.
    We are looking to win cups. Weve been in two semi finals in the last few months (aye, I know we lost em both!)

I don't think we are a poor side overall.

Folk are just ragin we lost. Which is understandable but perspective is needed

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hearts dsemi, Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone losses, with a less than convincing performance against a poor killie team in between those last 3.

Its not kneejerk, its the straw that broke the camels back.
    You want me to list the matches we've won?

Or compare our performances and results under other managers?

So far on various threads I've seen folk wanting Stubbs, Hughes, Collins, Doolan. Only a matter of time before someone wants Neil Lennon back 😂 I'm so glad fans don't run the club. We'd end up back in the championship.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    So far on various threads I've seen folk wanting Stubbs, Hughes, Collins, Doolan. Only a matter of time before someone wants Neil Lennon back 😂
    Get him back, I want to see the aeroplane again

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    What a load of nonsense.

You dont sack a manager for losing big games. You sack them when they dont get you to the big games

I know its never good to lose, esp when it matters, but sober up, relax and get some perspective eh. This is knee jerk reaction to a tee
    This was the best chance jack Ross will have to win a cup. Playing a side who have a much smaller budget than us in one semi and a championship team in the other. 2 games we should be winning. It is embarrassing we didn’t make it to at least one cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    So far on various threads I've seen folk wanting Stubbs, Hughes, Collins, Doolan. Only a matter of time before someone wants Neil Lennon back 😂 I'm so glad fans don't run the club. We'd end up back in the championship.
    It’s wild. All of the names suggested have been rotten. Folk forget the failures of Hughes especially because he’s picked up a couple of results for Ross county in the past month. His big game record at Hibs was even worse than JR’s.

You're ideal is spot on but never seems to work and it's not easy sadly.

We get a manager in, he gets a few results, people say we would have lost that game under the previous manager, wee while later same folks want him out.

I don't think there are many great options out there should JR go and certainly none that guarantee success.

If I had to take a punt I would possibly go for Jim Goodwin. Hated him playing against us but have warmed to him as a manager. Talks sense to me when interviewed, got St.Mirren doing well, is passionate and isn't afraid to play young players.
    True, by the very nature of our position in the game, it’s always a gamble. To get that guy ‘on the up’ Hibs will likely be the biggest job he’s ever had, only Lennon doesn’t fit that, with everyone else in the last couple decades bar Mcleish and Williamson not even having had experience in the division.

Ross seemed a decent bet on paper, but it doesn’t seem like he’s on that upward trajectory. Goodwin might be, again, potentially a decent bet on paper!

Much as too few of our players end up like John McGinn, way too few of our managers go on to further success. In fact, who even has since the 90’s? McLeish did alright for himself, Mowbray had a fairly mixed time at Celtic after a decent stretch at West Brom... Hecky, Stubbs, Butcher, Collins, Mixu, Le God, Calderwood etc never got bigger jobs than this one, or left management completely.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    So we keep him for 3-4 years just for stability even if that means mediocrity.

Ron stated he wants to be the best of the rest, that means 3rd place and regular cup finals/wins, being knocked out in 2 semi's and losing badly at hone to 2 bog standard clubs isn't being best of the rest.
    I would certainly give him a bit longer J-C.

He has improved us and I like most of his signings.

Can you or anyone else guarantee the next manager will be better?

As they say with investments, remember they can go down as well as up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It’s wild. All of the names suggested have been rotten. Folk forget the failures of Hughes especially because he’s picked up a couple of results for Ross county in the past month. His big game record at Hibs was even worse than JR’s.
    Yup. I don't think Hughes even got us to a semi final.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Get him back, I want to see the aeroplane again
    Too late, it went into a tailspin and crashed n’ burned!

Yup. I don't think Hughes even got us to a semi final.
    Was Hughes backed as much as JR has been though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Agreed. Hughes can definitely do a good job at a club in the short-term with strong motivational skills but that effect tends to plateau and he's not proven an ability to take a club on from that and his hard line approach can then send the club quickly into reverse.

After his comments about Hibs' fans not knowing what is going on he's hardly going to be welcomed back.

In Ross we have a steady if unspectacular manager and we're not on a terminal spiral of decline like we were with Lennon so the club have time to act. I'd only like to see us replace the manager if we can make a really good appointment - a real satrment of intent. None of the managers that have been mentioned fall into that category and a lot would be a big step back from Ross.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    I would certainly give him a bit longer J-C.

He has improved us and I like most of his signings.

Can you or anyone else guarantee the next manager will be better?

As they say with investments, remember they can go down as well as up.
    This is where I'm at too.

Got a lot of issues with jack Ross - style of play, terrible results in derbys and against Aberdeen. (Still think it's nonsense to include old firm games in this 'big games' chat when we've looked good and taken several points off of them this season)

But he's improved us, best manager we've had since McLeish at regularly beating the teams we should be beating in the league and has us 4th. Yeah we've got the 4th biggest budget but how often have we had the 4th or 5th biggest budget and came bottom 6. Plenty posters were saying in the summer we had a bottom 6 squad so you think they'd be delighted with 4th.

If we sack him here and get the appointment wrong could easily end up as a felon to butcher situation where an uninspiring manager who is actually doing okay is replaced by an absolute mess and we seriously regress.

Should give Ross to the end of season. If we come any lower than 4th sack him, and if next season our style of play and results in big games haven't improved then we should get rid imo.

Apologies for the get Broony in last night, a mixture of too much beer and total rage 😀

One thing we must do is get that back door shut, we badly need a proper captain and leader, for me that is a priority, please no more midfielders!

💚💚💚

Code for hes a big knuggle dragger who throws things around. Another Terry Butcher.