hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Manager?

Next Manager?

There seems to be a section of the support wanting JR out. It’s fine shouting about wanting a manager sacked but who would we bring in to replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don’t think it’s just the manager, surely Mathie and the recruitment team need looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t think it’s just the manager, surely Mathie and the recruitment team need looked at?
    I think when you look at it most of the players we’ve signed recently have been pretty obvious signings to make. Players that most people who keep up to date with Scottish football are all aware of. In agreement with the fact that the recruitment team could do more. Surely it’s their job to unearth some hidden gems.

Left by mutual consent!
    Totally agree that Mathie needs looked at. We have an imbalanced squad now, full of midfielders.

Let's be honest, is it good economic sense to have Lewy and other defenders who don't play on good deals?

I would rather be winning this League Cup than finishing 4th this season if I had the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs2105 View Post
    I think when you look at it most of the players we’ve signed recently have been pretty obvious signings to make. Players that most people who keep up to date with Scottish football are all aware of. In agreement with the fact that the recruitment team could do more. Surely it’s their job to unearth some hidden gems.

We keep signing midfielders. Must have 7/8 centre mids. Surely we must be looking for centre halfs? Must be looking at creative players who can bring something different, somebody to come off the bench and change a game

We keep signing midfielders. Must have 7/8 centre mids. Surely we must be looking for centre halfs? Must be looking at creative players who can bring something different, somebody to come off the bench and change a game
    We don’t have players on the pitch who can change a game atm

Talking about former managers John Collins?

Left by mutual consent!
    Appears that Mathie and his department are hell bent on trying to find the next John McGinn as opposed to addressing positions of need. i.e a good left back and a good centre half.

@hibs.net private member
    Going back to the original question, having watched Sportscene tonight, Gary McAllister seems to be pulling the strings of Gerard, or we could do worse than go along the Usual St Mirren line and try Jim Goodwin?

Left by mutual consent!
    John Hughes deserves another shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Why?

Still a bit early in his Ross County tenure but John Hughes encourages his players to be brave, builds a good team spirit and plays good football. Yogi obviously understands what it means to represent Hibs and would be able to get the players up for big games. Anyone else think he’d be a good replacement for JR?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Going back to the original question, having watched Sportscene tonight, Gary McAllister seems to be pulling the strings of Gerard, or we could do worse than go along the Usual St Mirren line and try Jim Goodwin?
    Let's put signing anyone else from St Mirren to bed. John McGinn a side, who else has really made a difference?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Still a bit early in his Ross County tenure but John Hughes encourages his players to be brave, builds a good team spirit and plays good football. Yogi obviously understands what it means to represent Hibs and would be able to get the players up for big games. Anyone else think he’d be a good replacement for JR?

No.

Appears that Mathie and his department are hell bent on trying to find the next John McGinn as opposed to addressing positions of need. i.e a good left back and a good centre half.
    Mathie seems happy to take the plaudits for good recruitment but turns into the invisible man when recruitment is poor IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    Why?
    His time at Inverness and he won the Scottish Cup with them.knows the club and is a an old school man manager. Jack Ross is a modern type coaching badges cookie cutter coach.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Wish Hibs would try a foreign manager one day (not ex-player thing though). Our history is dominated by British managers and it’s not as if our history is littered with huge successes.

Likewise on the players that were signed. Irvine and Cadden were mentioned numerous times on here, weeks and potentially months before they signed. Everything is very safe about Hibs, samey, expected and a bit meh.

Whole football department needs looked at. We’re becoming Aberdeen, plod along in league but implode on the big stage. We don’t have a footballing philosophy, a way of playing football. That’s hugely important to club cohesion - player recruitment and managerial appointments.

I think your heart is ruling your head. Yes Ross county have had a wee lift from him coming in, could’ve been beat by 8/9 goals today. Might have passion and be a hibs man but his managerial cv is not good

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    I think your heart is ruling your head. Yes Ross county have had a wee lift from him coming in, could’ve been beat by 8/9 goals today. Might have passion and be a hibs man but his managerial cv is not good

He relegated Raith from the championship, who were previously one of the better teams in the division, after loaning their best striker to Dumbarton who stayed up.

Does no one calling for yogi remember that run from February to April that season? Was relegation form and some of the worst football I've seen from hibs, despite us having a decent squad at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Wish Hibs would try a foreign manager one day (not ex-player thing though). Our history is dominated by British managers and it’s not as if our history is littered with huge successes.

Likewise on the players that were signed. Irvine and Cadden were mentioned numerous times on here, weeks and potentially months before they signed. Everything is very safe about Hibs, samey, expected and a bit meh.

Whole football department needs looked at. We’re becoming Aberdeen, plod along in league but implode on the big stage. We don’t have a footballing philosophy, a way of playing football. That’s hugely important to club cohesion - player recruitment and managerial appointments.

Do like the idea of a foreign manager, most the top English clubs have went that way but at the same time they don’t seem to be that successful in Scotland. Stendal, Pedro, Ronny off the top of my head. All seem a bit mad

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do like the idea of a foreign manager, most the top English clubs have went that way but at the same time they don’t seem to be that successful in Scotland. Stendal, Pedro, Ronny off the top of my head. All seem a bit mad
    Many Scottish managers don’t do well here either but we all still view them positively even to the point where we say they deserve another shot at the Hibs job...

Culture needs time to cultivate and grow but Hibs need to find something as we keep signing the expected players, the expected managers and just very much doing the expected things. Nothing exciting...

New manager

Stevie Wonder, he will see more than Jack Ross.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    We have to be aiming way higher than John Hughes. No more mediocrity.

What a load of nonsense.

You dont sack a manager for losing big games. You sack them when they dont get you to the big games

I know its never good to lose, esp when it matters, but sober up, relax and get some perspective eh. This is knee jerk reaction to a tee

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    What a load of nonsense.

You dont sack a manager for losing big games. You sack them when they dont get you to the big games

I know its never good to lose, esp when it matters, but sober up, relax and get some perspective eh. This is knee jerk reaction to a tee
    most sensible post today.

finish 4th and make the semis of both cups would be a standout on most managers' resumes.

yet, some want him sacked today.

I,m no apologist for Jack Ross, aindeed am critical of him for playing so many underdone players in the semi, but the end of the season is when to evaluate things.

anything less than a top four finish though would be unacceptable.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

finish 4th and make the semis of both cups would be a standout on most managers' resumes.

I,m no apologist for Jack Ross, aindeed am critical of him for playing so many underdone players in the semi, but the end of the season is when to evaluate things.

Can we put Green and white Ribbons on Semi finals or 4th place...c'mon we should be looking to win cups. For years and years the club claimed to building for the future. Its now 2021 and we are still a poor side despite having facilities such as Eastmains, Easter road and a damn good support.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    What a load of nonsense.

What about sacking him for having zero tactical or motivational clue? Yesterday was a carbon copy of the Ross County capitulation and we have looked garbage for weeks.
    Ross cant work out a plan A, and when we lose a goal its game over.

Thats perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

We have the 4th largest budget in the league, chances are we finish 4th even with me in charge - at least I would know that we cant play with just Nisbet up front.

Teams like Hibs need a clever manager to leverage the players we have to convert any advantage into semi finals and finals......and possibly silverware.

FFS the league cup will be won by one of Livingston, St Johnstone or St Mirren.................

Jack Ross has been found out tactically in the league this season, and has also baffled in both semi finals (and was again out thought by Robbie Neilson in that match).

For a team of Hibs resources, not to convert one of the 2 x semi finals - against Championship and poorer premiership opposition - is pitiful.

He needs to go.

What a load of nonsense.

It’s really not a knee jerk reaction at all.

What a load of nonsense.

What a load of nonsense. That’s a weak mentality to have - accepting he can lose the important games and it doesn’t matter.

So say he was to get us relegated - you don’t sack him ?

You say sack him when they don’t get to the big games...surely that means when he doesn’t get to x2 finals ????

Does he have to get us to the Champions League final to be sacked ?? Or lose to Hearts with another pathetic performance. Or lose again to Aberdeen / Old Firm / Livi / Ross County / St Johnstone loads of times to make it obvious he’s never going to win us anything. He’s Mcinnes part 2 - though least DM beats Hibs regularly.

Tommy Wright