hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It’s the club mentality.

Safe appointment.

The dull recruitment team brings in players that will toe the line with Jack Ross.

Won’t step out of line and are basically too squeaky clean.

We need some mavericks - some players who will be the X factor. Instead we have a bunch of vanilla players who get bullied and go hiding once things don’t go their way. Not trouble makers but characters who won’t accept bad performances like we seem to do.

Of course they can show glimpses of good football like 30 mins last night but once we start losing - no way back.

When was the last time they came back and won a game after being 1-0 or 2-0 down ?

Prime example of how soft we are yesterday. Marciano catches a cross 2nd half - Rooney catches him late. Any players go up to Rooney and say what you doing ? No.

Players walk away and don’t even protect the keeper.

We have some nice guys and a manager who isn’t a bad person but can’t motivate with players who don’t have the hunger to take us much further than 4th in an average league.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 24-01-2021 at 06:57 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I completely agree. Ross put out a very strong 11 who should have the ability to win that game.

The decision to pick those players and motivation was clearly there as we battered them for thirty minutes and were by far the better team.

One corner conceded and were asked to defend for the first time in the game which results in them scoring. That’s purely down to concentration and probably complacency.

We should get in at half time, regroup and go again.

4 minutes into the second half the exact same happens again.

Absolutley shambolic.

Whilst I don’t agree with the change from 352 to 442 I’m not sure much would have changed the game, we looked done.

You can blame Ross all you want but when Murphy misses a sitter then follows it up by trying to be smart and chip the goalie and also not follow his runner for the 3rd goal then you don’t have much of a chance.

The way the players played for 35 minutes of the second half was a disgrace and I don’t care what formation or tactics they were told, it was the basics of football. None of them could pass, track a runner, press their man or make a tackle - it was comical.

Players need to have that bit of grit inside them to take a game by the scruff of the neck and drag us back into the game.

Too much now a days is blamed on tactics etc, players go out and want to win and do whatever it takes to win and it’s a different story.

Thats the first time in a while I’ve genuinely watched a game and thought half the players were hiding and never wanted the ball.

I was actually wishing we had Mallan on as he would at least get on the ball and pick a pass no matter how bad he’s playing.
    summed it up perfectly mate.

all this ross out pish is nonsense. Since he arrived we have the most points gained outside the old firm.
    the usuall bottle merchant players let him down again.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Players take full responsibility for the 90 minutes tonight, the manager and staff picked a side that was more than capable of winning against that opponent.

Minute the first went in there was no player on the pitch who grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck, rallied the team, and got there heads back in the game. It's happened a few times this season already and happened in previous seasons. You do the basics right first and foremost, the rest comes naturally if you succeed at that. That means marking, closing down, harrying, winning possession back. We did none of that after Saintees scored. We went into rabbit in headlights mode.

Concentration levels are the worst I've seen in seasons. For me there are too many looking over their shoulder at their teammates expecting them to do something and shirking responsibility.

I don't blame Jack Ross tonight, I fully blame the players - they yet again **** the bed some of them have done that way too often and sentimentality needs replaced with ruthlessness and they need moved on.

Spine of the team needs leaders. That's what Jack Ross needs to remedy in the next two windows for me.
    You mean guys like our Captain? Stevenson with 500 appearances? Or fans favourite Boyle?

That’s exactly what they should be doing but they don’t, ever. They’ve got zero character between them.

McGregor’s legs might be gone but I’d start him every week simply to get an ounce of passion on the pitch.

Our entire fan base has been crying out for leaders on the pitch but no one at the club can see it.

Promoting Mathie has been been a huge mistake. We really needed to replace George Craig with someone far more experienced.

So for now, I hope RG is looking for a CEO closely followed by a replacement for Mathie. They can figure out what to do about JR in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    It’s the club mentality.

Safe appointment.

The dull recruitment team brings in players that will toe the line with Jack Ross.

Won’t step out of line and are basically too squeaky clean.

We need some mavericks - some players who will be the X factor. Instead we have a bunch of vanilla players who get bullied and go hiding once things don’t go their way. Not trouble makers but characters who won’t accept bad performances like we seem to do.

Of course they can show glimpses of good football like 30 mins last night but once we start losing - no way back.

When was the last time they came back and won a game after being 1-0 or 2-0 down ?

Prime example of how soft we are yesterday. Marciano catches a cross 2nd half - Rooney catches him late. Any players go up to Rooney and say what you doing ? No.

Players walk away and don’t even protect the keeper.

We have some nice guys and a manager who isn’t a bad person but can’t motivate with players who don’t have the hunger to take us much further than 4th in an average league.
    Nonsense. The club has taken plenty of risks with appointments and signings.