Thread: Jamie Murphy

Left by mutual consent!
    Hes been a horrendous signing.

Big money and hardly played

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a good player, I like him, but he should have put us 1-0 today. The first chance was poor, straight at the goalie, the 2nd was like Cummings Penanaka penalty against Dundee Utd, p!ss poor.
    When has he been a good player? Once against Celtic and once against Dundee, is that really good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    You might not believe this but he is on the highest basic wage of all the Hibs players. £££££
    The vast majority of his wages are paid by the huns.
    Unlikely to be the highest paid next year

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    When has he been a good player? Once against Celtic and once against Dundee, is that really good enough?
    He's scored 2 goals in those games, but I'd say he's been regarded as been a good player in other games by Hibs fans this season.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    The vast majority of his wages are paid by the huns.
    Unlikely to be the highest paid next year
    Based on his lack of ability i hope he isnt a Hibs player next year he isnt good enough.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Based on his lack of ability i hope he isnt a Hibs player next year he isnt good enough.
    He will be unless we sell him

Murphy still has talent and usually composure - he's been a bit hot and cold and I really didn't like his lack of desire

I think he mightve been inj, in which case stay down and go off

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    He's scored 2 goals in those games, but I'd say he's been regarded as been a good player in other games by Hibs fans this season.
    He has looked good on the ball but he’s not actually done **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.
    What is his contractual situation ? I thought he was on loan till the end of the season when we had an agreement to sign him without a transfer fee though his contract at Rangers won`t have finished . If player`s agreed to it I suppose it means he`s expecting a minimum length of contract especially as he`s presumably taking a cut in wages from next season . From what Ive seen of him so far he`s not a dud and has talent but is pretty ineffective . If he keeps fit he`d find another club willing to pay him as much as we`ve probably offered him and if not hopefully we haven`t offered him more than a year .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    What is his contractual situation ? I thought he was on loan till the end of the season when we had an agreement to sign him without a transfer fee though his contract at Rangers won`t have finished . If player`s agreed to it I suppose it means he`s expecting a minimum length of contract especially as he`s presumably taking a cut in wages from next season . From what Ive seen of him so far he`s not a dud and has talent but is pretty ineffective . If he keeps fit he`d find another club willing to pay him as much as we`ve probably offered him and if not hopefully we haven`t offered him more than a year .
    His contract is up at the end of the season. He’s on loan now and will sign permanently at the end of the year.

No pace or strength whatsoever, he looks like a frail old man.

Yes he is quite good and dropping the shoulder now and again but we need far more, far too often he just slowly cuts inside and passes it to the centre mid.

Don’t even get me started on him today, an absolute disgrace

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.
    Do Hibs have a solid commitment to sign him at the end of loan deal.Every time he goes down he looks likes he’ll be out injured again.Thought St Johnstone had him sussed out early on today,and his lack of pace and his misunderstanding what Doig was trying to do let himself down badly.

He's been rank since his return from injury. He's contributed heehaw the last few games. If this is what we have to look forward to when his loans up it's going to be a nightmare.

@hibs.net private member
    Was it Murphy on the near post for the first goal? Whoever it was it was poor attempt to block the goal

@hibs.net private member
    Our strikers play best in a 2 and our midfielders are so limited they need to play in a 3. We knew this before he signed. So why bring in a left winger?

It seemed daft at the time and is even worse in hindsight. His wage could have been spent on a third striker to compete with doidge and nisbet.

We continue to try and fit him into the team. Get him dropped and play a formation that gets the best out of the other players.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    Was it Murphy on the near post for the first goal? Whoever it was it was poor attempt to block the goal
    It was and I though the same initially

Think it went quite high though on 2nd viewing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Ive never understood the love in with the support about Murphy..seen very little from him today a bit of a one trick pony. Him and Boyle were absolutely honking tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Ive never understood the love in with the support about Murphy..seen very little from him today a bit of a one trick pony. Him and Boyle were absolutely honking tonight
    I agree about the love in. I was wondering how I couldn’t see it. At least Boyle has credit in the bank which is slowly running out but yeah both were woeful but in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Boyle seems to get an easy ride on here. No thread about him. Yet again like playing with 10 men.

*Just noticed there was

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    His contract is up at the end of the season. He’s on loan now and will sign permanently at the end of the year.
    I know that but have we guaranteed him a certain length of contract at certain salary ? He won`t have accepted lower waqes for next year without guarantee that he`ll get a longish contract with get out clause if Rangers want him back or he has second chance in England .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    I know that but have we guaranteed him a certain length of contract at certain salary ? He won`t have accepted lower waqes for next year without guarantee that he`ll get a longish contract with get out clause if Rangers want him back or he has second chance in England .
    Just says permanent for next season, so I’d imagine a one year permanent contract which is effectively a 2 year deal when he signed, which makes sense given age and injuries.

We were rotten today but Jamie didnt mean to miss those chances. The vitriol towards him is awful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I haven’t really understood the hype around Murphy since he signed. Couple decent performances but i think he’s far too slow. He’s clearly been a good player in his time and it feels strange to say that since he is only 31 but his lack of pace is ridiculous.

Hes terrible. Finishing poor but worse is his fake wee injury after and then can't be arsed to follow his man and gift them a 3rd goal.

Seen nothing to suggest he wants to be here. I dont want him here. Hope the pre contract could be cancelled. Best for all parties.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Hes terrible. Finishing poor but worse is his fake wee injury after and then can't be arsed to follow his man and gift them a 3rd goal.

Seen nothing to suggest he wants to be here. I dont want him here. Hope the pre contract could be cancelled. Best for all parties.
    Totally agree fellow StGiles man,never been able to understand the love in for him on here. Have to admit feeling sorry for him though. Cut a lonely figure on the bench known he had blown it.

He's shown what he's capable of in flashes but is just another woefully inconsistent player.

Murphy looks a bit easy to play against to me. He's decent at cutting in onto his right foot but if you just show him outside he runs out of ideas. His left foot is crap and he doesn't have the pace to hurt teams that way.

I reckon he's already done what he joined us to do - win points off Celtic and help Rangers win the league.

By playing him/ pandering to him, we have to play in a way that detracts from some more of our better players. I'd rather have Nisbet have a proper strike partner than pretend that Murphy/ Nisbet/ Boyle is ever going to cut the mustard as a front three.

It might seem brave to drop him but all the strongest Hibs teams I can come up with don't have him in it.

When he missed the first chance it just felt the same as Magennis' miss against Hearts and I think deep down we all just knew it was a case of "here we go again".

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post

Aye he didnt even try to put in a block for saints 3rd goal.

Question is the deal we have done do we have a to buy or can we do what the huns did with Kamberi and pull out?

If he tried as hard as he did against Celtic the other week there he would have scored those chances.

He was even defending against them. Didn't look interested at all last night.

Was delighted when got him, had had a few good games. But,looks like his injuries have caught up.
    Last edited by CorrieHibs; 24-01-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Injured. That’s it

@hibs.net private member
    Come on he was nowhere near as bad yesterday as some are making out.

His second attempt was actually really unlucky. Just smashing it could easily have missed as well.