Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently Millwall interested in him.

Please make this happen

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Porteous is only 21 and has bags of time to improve and I think he will, but he needs the right man alongside him and whilst Hanlon can certainly help his development I think Porteous needs a Rob Jones type beside him.

Get Gallagher in from Motherwell play a back 3 with him in the centre and Porteous hanlon either side. Mcginn right back and rotate left back. Problem sorted.

Kevin Kyle having a go at him on Open Goal and saying how Porteous is a ‘s***e bag’, pretend Hard man, puts in late tackles to look the hard man but when it comes down to the gritty stuff he goes into hiding.

Porteous wouldn’t need much more motivation than that.

@hibs.net private member KanyeWestLower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Kevin Kyle having a go at him on Open Goal and saying how Porteous is a ‘s***e bag’, pretend Hard man, puts in late tackles to look the hard man but when it comes down to the gritty stuff he goes into hiding.

Perfect description of Porteous for me. Nearly every injury he’s had has been him putting in a stupid tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWestLower View Post
    Perfect description of Porteous for me. Nearly every injury he’s had has been him putting in a stupid tackle.

Perfect description? Seriously?

He's also been part of a defence that has been very very good earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Kevin kyle is a fat twat. I have no idea why hes on that podcast because he adds no insight and is boring as ****. Usually skip through his ramblings.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Kevin kyle is a fat twat. I have no idea why hes on that podcast because he adds no insight and is boring as ****. Usually skip through his ramblings.
    Lots of folk seem to be trying hard to dent portos confidence, the comments from charlie adam the other night were way over the top.......almost looks like many are harbouring some kinda jealousy towards him.........

I hope Porto ignores the background noise and keeps that aura of confidence, it's one of his biggest assets!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Kevin Kyle

Kevin Kyle is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Get Gallagher in from Motherwell play a back 3 with him in the centre and Porteous hanlon either side. Mcginn right back and rotate left back. Problem sorted.
    Agree with this, instead of an extra midfielder this is the position we should add quality to, and Gallagher is quality, with 3 seasons at the top in him at least.
    I thought Porteous did well breaking into the team having Efe to play alongside, again I'm not knocking Hanlon but they both need to be led by an experienced head, possibly even a vocal keeper would help?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Kevin Kyle is a moron.

Jilted John

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    This really tells you all you need to know about Kevin Kyle - for a man to speak about a fellow professional footballer on a media platform like that is actually disgraceful.

I think Hibs should be publicly pulling him up for this.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    Lots of folk seem to be trying hard to dent portos confidence, the comments from charlie adam the other night were way over the top.......almost looks like many are harbouring some kinda jealousy towards him.........

I hope Porto ignores the background noise and keeps that aura of confidence, it's one of his biggest assets!
    Both of them are morons and Rangers mouthpieces.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post

I think they are trying to defend The The Rangers unsporting stupidity when earlier this season their players and manager refused the offer of a handshake from Porteous.

I think they’re right, and he’d be a better player if he screwed the nut a bit.

He needs to do a bit of what they’re saying if he’s to avoid going from a decent player who has potential to be a cracking player to a decent player who had potential to be a cracking player.

Have the majority of us not been saying similar over the past few days?

Ryan has all the attributes to be a top centre half. What he needs at this stage of his career is guidance and leadership from a top centre half to add the finishing touches and consistency to his game. He will not get that from Hanlon. Might be best for the lad to go and try find that elsewhere as I don't see Hibs replacing Hanlon anytime soon, which is a shame. One thing I really noticed was the communication from the saints team at the weekend. You could hear their big players screaming instructions and motivating. Hanlon is a dormouse, not captain material.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think they’re right, and he’d be a better player if he screwed the nut a bit.

He needs to do a bit of what they’re saying if he’s to avoid going from a decent player who has potential to be a cracking player to a decent player who had potential to be a cracking player.

Have the majority of us not been saying similar over the past few days?
    Porto is doing what Scott Brown has made a career out of. If he was at Rangers or Celtic, they'd be creaming about it.

We've got far too many passive characters in the team as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Perfect description? Seriously?

He's also been part of a defence that has been very very good earlier this season.
    Yeah serious. You haven’t really addressed my point and just pointed out something else instead.

Yeah serious. You haven’t really addressed my point and just pointed out something else instead.

Because from my recollection he's had 2 spells out, the most recent of which was January last year which was an aggravation of a previous injury.

You haven't addressed my point, you've just gone back to your point which doesn't hold much water if the last year is anything to go by.

Go watch the clip of the knock he took on the knee from Saturday. He brought that on himself. You are correct Porteous was part of defence which didn’t concede a lot of goals at the start of the season. Which included clean sheets against Motherwell, st Johnstone, st mirren & Ross county.

Go watch the clip of the knock he took on the knee from Saturday. He brought that on himself. You are correct Porteous was part of defence which didn’t concede a lot of goals at the start of the season. Which included clean sheets against Motherwell, st Johnstone, st mirren & Ross county.

Brought Saturdays knock on himself? He skinned the boy with quick feet and got clattered 😂 Your first post also says through his rash tackles, he had the ball on Saturday, he never made a tackle.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Kevin Kyle probably struggles to spell his own name. Shouldn't be taken seriously.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    He really has to stop throwing himself to the deck even though the refs keep letting him get away with it. It's not being professional, it's just embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Would not surprise me. He took a real dull one on the right knee from one St Johnston clogger. Looked deliberate too.
    I thought so too

I also said earlier in this thread that I thought it hampered him throughout the game as it wasn't a vintage Porteous performance by any means.

Having said all of that and having been critical of him earlier I am still very glad he is one of our players and we can all have of our off days.

I am not convinced he is going to reach the heights I initially hoped but he is still one of the better centre half's in the league on his day with years to develop

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    He really has to stop throwing himself to the deck even though the refs keep letting him get away with it. It's not being professional, it's just embarrassing.
    Recently some refs have not been giving fouls, and it has left us defending the ball in a few dangerous areas.

I think if he keeps improving like he has, he will be a fantastic player for club and country. He does need to cut out the odd mistake, but he's young and hopefully he will learn with experience.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I thought so too

I also said earlier in this thread that I thought it hampered him throughout the game as it wasn't a vintage Porteous performance by any means.

Having said all of that and having been critical of him earlier I am still very glad he is one of our players and we can all have of our off days.

I am not convinced he is going to reach the heights I initially hoped but he is still one of the better centre half's in the league on his day with years to develop
    Did Hearts not do the exact same thing and get one of their paid assassins to nobble Porto early doors in the semi-final?

I didnt realise what knock you were referring to until hibeesam mentioned it, and that is frankly a ridiculous thing to throw at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I didnt realise what knock you were referring to until hibeesam mentioned it, and that is frankly a ridiculous thing to throw at him.
    Whatever man, no talking to folk like you eh.

Whatever man, no talking to folk like you eh.

People that take your arguments apart you mean? Ok mate, have a good one