hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The players

The players

Ross will take dogs abuse for that I have no doubt but the players in that second half were nothing short of a disgrace.

Hanlon and Porteous are brilliant, solid and concentrate well against the old firm yet when we are on top like the first 30 today they forget to defend. Second half they were both all over the place. Defensively, shape and on the ball it was abysmal. They looked so so weak and a dream to play against.

We have so called good players - Nisbet, Boyle and Murphy. They are all shocking and offered nothing

No pace or tempo in our play, no creativeness and far too many lumps forward out of nothing but hope..

We were 2 and 3-0 down and St Johnstone had players on the ball 30 yards out under no pressure? We just completely stood off.

Most games whoever is losing has a spell where you think they might get back into it, we never even came close to that. Embarrassing.

Jackson Irvine is the only one that can hold his head high after that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross will take dogs abuse for that I have no doubt but the players in that second half were nothing short of a disgrace.

Hanlon and Porteous are brilliant, solid and concentrate well against the old firm yet when we are on top like the first 30 today they forget to defend. Second half they were both all over the place. Defensively, shape and on the ball it was abysmal. They looked so so weak and a dream to play against.

We have so called good players - Nisbet, Boyle and Murphy. They are all shocking and offered nothing

No pace or tempo in our play, no creativeness and far too many lumps forward out of nothing but hope..

We were 2 and 3-0 down and St Johnstone had players on the ball 30 yards out under no pressure? We just completely stood off.

Most games whoever is losing has a spell where you think they might get back into it, we never even came close to that. Embarrassing.

Jackson Irvine is the only one that can hold his head high after that.
    Murphy should GTF back to the Huns.
    Boyle awful, Irvine better than rest, can accept Doig as a young laddie, nothing to redeem anyone else, a ridiculous performance. Fortunate it wasn't more than 3, they strolled through that 2nd half.

First Team Breakthrough
    been saying it for a while, lack of urgency, slow build up, we needed a reaction second half and didnt get it

No leaders on the pitch

The players don’t have the spirit they used to. I remember with Stubbsy, and say what you want about him, but Lennon too when we were getting beat, you always felt we could turn it around.

Under Hecky and now Ross that mentality to not accept defeat is gone! We go a goal down, the players give up, and it’s an absolute ****ing disgrace!

I’m glad the players are getting it, always blame the manager. Players missed the chances tonight, players didn’t defend set pieces. Can’t coach/manage concentration and desire. Players have badly let jack Ross down. Had enough chances to finish the game after 30mins. Hopefully now we can rip the squad to bits and rebuild it

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I know over the piece we deserved to lose but Murphy's chances were huge at a time when we were dominating. First was a poor finish straight at the goalkeeper, 2nd that hit the bar was like Cummings Penenka penalty against Dundee Utd in the SC semi, trying to be too smart. Should have buried it.

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    The players don’t have the spirit they used to. I remember with Stubbsy, and say what you want about him, but Lennon too when we were getting beat, you always felt we could turn it around.

Under Hecky and now Ross that mentality to not accept defeat is gone! We go a goal down, the players give up, and it’s an absolute ****ing disgrace!
    Suppose it coincides with John McGinn leaving, and we’ve never managed to replace his mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    No leaders on the pitch
    or on the sidelines , or in the boardroom now that Leanne has left the building. The sooner Ron fills her position the better as we appear to be rudderless at present .

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Hanlon and Murphy as experienced players have to cop a lot of this. No excuses whatsoever. But Porteous should now be a mature player and he was as guilty as the rest of them. Nisbet was dreadful but I'll cut him some slack as it's his first season in the SPL and he has no competition for his place.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    No leaders on the pitch
    That's the biggest issue. Soon as it went 1-0 there was only one winner. We don't have any nastiness in our team.

The whole lot of them are a bunch of useless *****bags , hopefully by the time we get back into ER every ****ing last 1 of them is gone

@hibs.net private member
    I can accept the terrible misses much more than the complete lack of desire and effort. Jackson Irvine hasn't played for months and was still up and down the park. I get the feeling if he stays for another year he might be less fit. Players who came on as subs hardly ran the length of themselves, half that for Doidge as he is tall. The players usually become a reflection of the manager in at least some ways. We are uninspiring and a bit lack lustre. Ross has to take a fair chunk of the blame tonight as it is a poor result in a big game and that is nowhere near unique. The players looked completely out on their feet after an hour too and that is his responsibility to make sure they are physically up for the challenge.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Too many duds on the pitch. Missing two utter sitters is unforgivable

Good to see they’re being criticised, this isn’t all on the manager.

For various different reasons Boyle, Nisbet, Doidge, Porteous, Hanlon and Murphy all need to have serious word with themselves.

The manager hasn’t had a good night but he can argue his players let him down.

Lennon would, for sure.

It looked like they had all met for the first time at about 1630.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I can accept the terrible misses much more than the complete lack of desire and effort. Jackson Irvine hasn't played for months and was still up and down the park. I get the feeling if he stays for another year he might be less fit. Players who came on as subs hardly ran the length of themselves, half that for Doidge as he is tall. The players usually become a reflection of the manager in at least some ways. We are uninspiring and a bit lack lustre. Ross has to take a fair chunk of the blame tonight as it is a poor result in a big game and that is nowhere near unique. The players looked completely out on their feet after an hour too and that is his responsibility to make sure they are physically up for the challenge.
    I can actually accept Murphy missing the first chance more than I can with his awful attitude for the 3rd goal.

Rooney genuinely walks right past Murphy, he only reacts as Rooney takes a touch and is away to swing it in.

That's just pure laziness, not being a team player, expecting others to do it and not having discipline.

I’d send Murphy back. He approached the game like he didn’t give a flying one. That miss more than anything else cost us the game today and it happened because Murphy was just too relaxed about whether he scored or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It looked like they had all met for the first time at about 1630.
    They didn't really. We were very good first half in fairness.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    That team tonight was more than good enough to win, and was set up fine in my opinion, Murphy should have leathered that rebound, god knows what he was thinking. Bad defending yet again has cost us. Individual errors need to be cut out as they are costing us a lot of goals just now

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I can actually accept Murphy missing the first chance more than I can with his awful attitude for the 3rd goal.

Rooney genuinely walks right past Murphy, he only reacts as Rooney takes a touch and is away to swing it in.

That's just pure laziness, not being a team player, expecting others to do it and not having discipline.
    Agree, Murphy's attempt at tracking back was scandalous.

It still goes back to Ross, yes the players have to take criticism but playing players who have just arrived at the club with little football recently, tactics set up to match our opponents ffs and playing a winger as a striker when we know it doesn't work is all on Ross. Subs were poor but if Ross cannot get these players fired up to go out in the 2nd half and do something then he's not the man to take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’d send Murphy back. He approached the game like he didn’t give a flying one. That miss more than anything else cost us the game today and it happened because Murphy was just too relaxed about whether he scored or not.

The only problem with sending him back is he's signed a contract to join us at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The only problem with sending him back is he's signed a contract to join us at the end of the season.
    Of course he did, he is old, injured and slow, so we signed him.

Need players who are hungry, motivated and want to use Hibs as a stepping stone to bigger clubs. Not guys who think they’ve made it by signing for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Of course he did, he is old, injured and slow, so we signed him.
    It’s the Mathie MO.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    It’s the Mathie MO.

Agreed. He needs to go as well as JR.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Good to see they’re being criticised, this isn’t all on the manager.

For various different reasons Boyle, Nisbet, Doidge, Porteous, Hanlon and Murphy all need to have serious word with themselves.

The manager hasn’t had a good night but he can argue his players let him down.

Lennon would, for sure.
    Not sure why Doidge is included in that list.

Should have started and when he did come on we didn’t generally get the ball anywhere near him.

Testimonial Due

Can just about forgive him for missing those sitters but the very least you would expect after that would be to make every effort to redeem himself. Instead, he cacked two challenges in the run up to the third goal, then made a token effort to close Rooney down. Should never be allowed to besmirch the jersey again.

It’s the Mathie MO.

I think George Craig had a lot to do with the players under Stubbs, Mathie was under him. If this is the best he can come up with then maybe time for him too.