hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The players

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Jamie Murphys "attempt" and tracking back for the third was genuinely disgraceful

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross will take dogs abuse for that I have no doubt but the players in that second half were nothing short of a disgrace.

Hanlon and Porteous are brilliant, solid and concentrate well against the old firm yet when we are on top like the first 30 today they forget to defend. Second half they were both all over the place. Defensively, shape and on the ball it was abysmal. They looked so so weak and a dream to play against.

We have so called good players - Nisbet, Boyle and Murphy. They are all shocking and offered nothing

No pace or tempo in our play, no creativeness and far too many lumps forward out of nothing but hope..

We were 2 and 3-0 down and St Johnstone had players on the ball 30 yards out under no pressure? We just completely stood off.

Most games whoever is losing has a spell where you think they might get back into it, we never even came close to that. Embarrassing.

Jackson Irvine is the only one that can hold his head high after that.
    Ross completely lost it changing to a 2 in CM. We never created a chance in the 2nd half as we lost the midfield. No teams play 2 in CM these days yet Ross persists with it.

Entirely Ross fault

The biggest issue for me is, the Hibs squads of Stubbsy and Lennon never really gave up. You always felt after going behind we’d still have a chance.

This squad, which I’d argue is on paper actually better (certainly cost us a lot more to assemble) not only never looks like it has the fight to get back into game, but more often than not, gets pumped after we concede (St Johnstone, Livi, Aberdeen, Celtic, Ross County this season alone!)

The mentality is absolutely pathetic from some of them, who take no responsibility or drive to overcome adversity, and remedy poor performances.
    Last edited by BegbieHSC; 23-01-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Not sure why Doidge is included in that list.

Should have started and when he did come on we didn’t generally get the ball anywhere near him.
    I said "for various reasons".

Doidge is there because he gave Ross too many reasons to leave him out tonight. My issue with him isn't so much what he did or didn't do tonight, it's that he hasn't been nearly good enough over the course of this season.

We could have done with getting the ball near him tonight. We could have done with him giving the support and help he gives Nisbet. We could have done with Boyle being out on the wing with someone to hit with crosses. We could have done with him back defending set pieces.

When it came to picking the team for tonight there had to be a few big name casualties and Doidge made it too easy for him to be the one who missed out.

He's gone from the fringes of an international call up to not starting a semi final for a team that has 2 strikers in their squad.

I reckon we're probably on much the same page on this when it boils down to it.

We need more from him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Doige is finished at Hibs, either fouls or is offside, neither know nor care how he went from scoring goals last season to being a total passenger this season. Should be sold/given away ASAP, utter garbage

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Ross completely lost it changing to a 2 in CM. We never created a chance in the 2nd half as we lost the midfield. No teams play 2 in CM these days yet Ross persists with it.

Entirely Ross fault
    He changed to a 442 when we were 2-0 down.

Yes it never worked but I imagine if he stayed 352 people would argue we have too many defenders (even though it would be the same amount regardless).

Tbf I never actually agreed with the decision to change shape and think it worked in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He changed to a 442 when we were 2-0 down.

Yes it never worked but I imagine if he stayed 352 people would argue we have too many defenders (even though it would be the same amount regardless).

Tbf I never actually agreed with the decision to change shape and think it worked in their hands.
    Yes it definitely worked in their favour as we became outnumbered in midfield.

We should’ve stuck 3-5-2 with Boyle going RWB and Doidge up front. We had lost 2 set pieces and were creating chances. It was so poor tactically and you could see the game changed but he still persisted with it.

It was like the SC semi final. Got back to 1-1 then hearts went a diamond and started controlling the game. He did nothing to change that either

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    Doige is finished at Hibs, either fouls or is offside, neither know nor care how he went from scoring goals last season to being a total passenger this season. Should be sold/given away ASAP, utter garbage
    Garbage is an appropriate word for this post also