hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackson Irvine

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gogic and Irvine were the two best players on the park in the first half. Unbelievable to take Gogic off and replace him with someone who hasn't kicked a ball in a competitive game for months.
    We were 3 down and Gogic (outwith last week) offers zero going forward

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    We were 3 down and Gogic (outwith last week) offers zero going forward

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

He was our best player, we bring on two players that have been injured all season?

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar

Jackson irvine

Yeah Jackson is a player you can see that ,has a physical presence also at 6ft 2 .
    will have to offer him some deal to stay after tonight’s debacle?.
    cadden should never have started tonight ,he’s not even looking match fit ?.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Guilty of posting a couple of Angry tweets in the match thread followed by a slightly more measured post in the Jack Ross thread.

With that, it's only fair to point out the most positive aspect of the game tonight and that was Irvine. Was involved in a lot of our best work in the 1st half and was arguably the only player showing a bit of grit and playing with his head up in the 2nd.

Like the look of him but worry like the rest he'll end up playing anti-football and ultimately won't fancy staying beyond his current 6 month contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He’s good but we need to be getting the next Jackson Irvine for 2 to 3 years. This one will be away in the summer.
    I thought he played like a man who knew he was in the shop window.

Getting game time before his summer move to Aberdeen

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Is that different from somebody playing well but in normal circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    He was our best player, we bring on two players that have been injured all season?
    Was he our best player? Even when we were on too early on, I said to my mate that we were far too open when the ball turned over. It never came to anything but that’s supposed to be Gogic’s role, when we open up and attack, we need to have a structure and protection when we lose the ball. We were solid early in the season when we weren’t as open and attacking, lots of 1-0’s etc. It seems we can’t get the balance right throughout the team.

So if had signed a longer contract he wouldn't have tried?

@hibs.net private member
    Would love to keep him but he'll be away in the summer.

First Team Breakthrough
    Or maybe like a man grateful to have a job at a big club and with a chance to get to a cup final. It’s a pity the others didn’t feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Is that different from somebody playing well but in normal circumstances?
    No.

Is it coincidence though that the one man who really stood up to be counted on a big stage was the one who is here on a short term contract and is free to go where he wants in the summer?

I don’t care why players play well. If we’d had 11 of them and a manager performing to get a big move, I’d be delighted.

I was just having a snidely, pointless dig because I was pissed off, really.

FWIW if he was on a longer deal, I reckon he’d have played well because he’s a good player and he’s still got that new face bounce about him. Whether or not any of that would still be there a year into a 3 year contract, who knows. It’s “if my auntie had baws” stuff.

I’m pretty certain that Irvine will revel in the role Jack Ross has given him and see no reason why he won’t want to stay if the rest of the season goes well? He now knows things can be tough when you’re out of contract and don’t see why he wouldn’t want to extend with us.

As excruciating as that was on Saturday it may be a few weeks before we see the best of some quality players in him, Cadden, Scott Allan, Kyle McGennis and Doig. May not be all doom and gloom.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I’m pretty certain that Irvine will revel in the role Jack Ross has given him and see no reason why he won’t want to stay if the rest of the season goes well? He now knows things can be tough when you’re out of contract and don’t see why he wouldn’t want to extend with us.

As excruciating as that was on Saturday it may be a few weeks before we see the best of some quality players in him, Cadden, Scott Allan, Kyle McGennis and Doig. May not be all doom and gloom.
    His partner is in front line services working with the NHS (I’m guessing local to Hull which is a bit of a schlap). Dunno how easily in these times she could get a transfer? Which if is an issue would from his initial glimpses be a shame.

Isn’t Jacks family down South too? I never really understood how that could work longer term...

Caused issues with:
    - Calderclown
    - Fenlon
    - Bamba
    - Stubbs
    Amongst others.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 25-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    His partner is in front line services working with the NHS (I’m guessing local to Hull which is a bit of a schlap). Dunno how easily in these times she could get a transfer? Which if is an issue would from his initial glimpses be a shame.

Isn’t Jacks family down South too? I never really understood how that could work longer term...

Caused issues with:
    - Calderclown
    - Fenlon
    - Bamba
    - Stubbs
    Amongst others.
    I’m sure there was an article saying JR drives up and down from Northumberland most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

Caused issues with:
    - Calderclown
    - Fenlon
    - Bamba
    - Stubbs
    Amongst others.
    Can’t see it being much of an issue for Ross. Northumberland to East Mains will be less than a couple of hours drive. In normal times, plenty folk spend that time sitting in the car on the M8.

I thought as much before seeing him play but the last 2 games have convinced me that we absolutely must try and get him on a longer deal.

Get him signed for an additional 18 months and what a player we have on our hands.

First Team Regular

Alternatively he played as a professional should in a semi final.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Not going to argue with that.

I don’t care why they play well, I just care that over the piece 1 player stood up and did what was expected for 90 minutes.

We have at least one excess midfielder whose salary should be used to make sure we get Irvine on a longer deal. European football a vital carrot so 4th place is a must if we hope to keep him.
    Who to go? Could be Newell which would be a shame as Irvine, Gogic, Newell, along with Allan more advanced could be just the midfield blend we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    We have at least one excess midfielder whose salary should be used to make sure we get Irvine on a longer deal. European football a vital carrot so 4th place is a must if we hope to keep him.
    Who to go? Could be Newell which would be a shame as Irvine, Gogic, Newell, along with Allan more advanced could be just the midfield blend we are looking for.
    I`ll second that

@hibs.net private member
    Irvine looks the business and is another impressive signing from Ross. I have liked the look of his signings in general even if some of them have not hit the ground running and even if we could do with one of them being a Centre Half. Obviously it would also be a sight more impressive if he could get them playing together in a way which would overcome the St Johnstones and Ross Countys of this world with some sort of consistency. Could Irvine be the missing ingredient that makes it all tick?