323 63.58%
  • Bring back Mr Stubbs

18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    what happened the last two times we sacked a manager who had us in a serviceable position, albeit with uninspiring football?

we're also at most 5 points off 3rd place. sacking ross is an absolutely stupid idea. we will be in europe next season, and he deserve the opportunity to deliver this. if he fails, then fine, sack him, but i can't honestly see who is going to do a better job than him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by joe t View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Punting a manager while sitting 4th in the league and getting to two cup semis in a season would definitely be a new look for hibs. Or anyone outside the old firm really.....
    Reaching semi finals isnt an achievement if we keep losing them. 4 semis since 2016 and we have lost every single one.

There's absolutely no danger he's going to be sacked. Nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    I still want him to stay, I’m sharing an honest opinion, I’m not saying this to wind anyone up so please don’t take it in that context.

We’ve invested in the last two windows, players he wanted - got to give him time to make the signings into a team. Plenty players to be moved on with perhaps a couple in during the next window.

I genuinely understand why some want him out but it’s a huge no for me.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    If we finish 4th and get a European spot, then I'd say give him another season. A 4th place finish is actually considered a success for Hibs. We can pretty much forget the Scottish Cup campaign. Our chances of Cup success was with the League Cup and we've blown that. Anything less than top 4 and I'd say punt.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    what happened the last two times we sacked a manager who had us in a serviceable position, albeit with uninspiring football?

we're also at most 5 points off 3rd place. sacking ross is an absolutely stupid idea. we will be in europe next season, and he deserve the opportunity to deliver this. if he fails, then fine, sack him, but i can't honestly see who is going to do a better job than him.
    Why are you so certain we will be in Europe?

Been on side/defending Jack Ross fir a good while,no more though,bringing on Allan who aint played in months and starting with and keeping on Irvine who has played 1 game up till tonight to me is a joke and indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.
    Correct.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Should have went after hearts game
    I started a thread stating that after hertz **** show and was hounded by many a happy clapper. It now seems to be dawning on the happy clappers that he is not going to last.

Nice enough guy but too cautious and on a number of occasions, clueless.

@hibs.net private member
    Bring back Stubbs, this is clearly a piss take 😂😂.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Yup.. the players let us down tonight not the manager....only bonus is I didn't have to travel back via a few bars after watching them fail again!! Just drown my sorrows in the man cave :-\

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    There’s only one way this is going imo.

Replace him now and possibly salvage a top 4 spot than watch us produce mind numbing performances whilst sliding lower and lower down the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

Not so sure,Ron Gordon is an entirely different type of owner and ,I think ,he is much more capable of being necessarily ruthless.

He should go. This was the best chance in years to win a trophy and his team absolutely bottled it. Again. He clearly can neither motivate or organise a team for a big game. A serial bottler.

If we’d scored. If we’d defended better. If we’d showed some heart after they scored.

Previous semi final. If we’d scored first. If we’d scored the penalty. If the ref had gave another penalty.

Always if. Always a letdown.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Why should anyone take you seriously when you write crap like your last paragraph?

And I'm the snidey one?

Clown.
    Don’t see what snidey about my post.

I think you are wrong so I replied directly to your comment saying I think you talk pish.

You made a generic comment without giving your own opinion or engaging directly with the people you disagreed with, that’s what made yours a snidey comment.

I don’t think Hibs could ever do anything that would attract criticism from you, no matter what, you’ll always take the clubs side. That doesn’t make you a better supporter like you suggested in a previous post, it makes you someone that’ll be happy to accept us drifting back to a standard or level we should be demanding better than.

Blind faith doesn’t help the club, as someone on the PM board just said, apathy is more dangerous than rage, attitudes like yours encourages the former.

Scott Brown player/coach for me

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    It will certainly be interesting to see what our new owner does

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Not so sure,Ron Gordon is an entirely different type of owner and ,I think ,he is much more capable of being necessarily ruthless.
    Agreed. He knows this has skelped our season ticket campaign right into the long grass....,and hence costs him more money.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Why are you so certain we will be in Europe?
    because bad runs of form happen, and this is his first real one IIRC. i also think that he's earned the right to try to get us in to europe. if we end up 5th at the end of the season then sack him, but doing so now would be absolutely mental, and would make the job look thoroughly unappealing.

another thing, r.e. not laying a glove on the old firm...we have drawn 3 times against them this season, so i think it's a pretty unfair charge. i do wish we could take points off aberdeen, but i can't remember the last manager to be able to do this on a regular basis. mcinnes has us, and most of the teams outside the OF, pretty well sussed.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I still want him to stay, I’m sharing an honest opinion, I’m not saying this to wind anyone up so please don’t take it in that context.

We’ve invested in the last two windows, players he wanted - got to give him time to make the signings into a team. Plenty players to be moved on with perhaps a couple in during the next window.

I genuinely understand why some want him out but it’s a huge no for me.
    I feel like his hibs have been found out and Jack Ross has no answers. It is no coincidence we've started getting cuffed every week from all comers.

If all anyone has to cling to is fourth place then I suspect they'll lose that particular lifeline in reasonably short order.

We're playing the waiting game now imho. Jack Ross can't take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    We have a Manager And Captain with zero motivational skills, that is only going to end in failure.
    They’re two peas in a pod. Can imagine them patting each other saying “unlucky”

I don't think that he should be shown the door, this season has been incredibly difficult and he has displayed leadership and a level head.

BUT the test of character is how you respond to adversity and telling us that overall the team has performed ok when viewed over the season as a whole is simply not good enough. He now needs to show a ruthless side to his character and move on the players who are not good enough - or simply don't care enough. I'm afraid that Martin Boyle is one such player.

If we simply don't show up mid-week against The Rangers then I suspect that the clamour for his head will gain much momentum.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

I really like Ron and think he’s been great for us so far.

I’d be keen for him to hurry up and replace Dempster though. Until that happens I think it’ll be difficult to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post
    The “modern” manager. Stands in fancy clothes to look good. Over complicates things to make himself look good. Has the mentality in big games not to play occasion - absolutely criminal attitude. No coincidence his record in Derby’s & Neilson derby record against us before Ross was poor they are both cut from the same cloth.

Today we played 2 unmatch fit players. In return we moved our most consistent player this season in Paul McGinn out of his best position & our best player on form or most dangerous - Martin Boyle also out of his best position. CRIMINAL.

Then you look at St Johnstone - there most obviously threat was there physicality so we have Christian Doidge on the bench - a player who is is our most effective in both boxes when defending set play & attacking. To add to this he allows Nisbet to do his best work so we get more out another attacking option.

doig has developed well this season, but jeezo you can’t buy experience and Lewis Stevenson had to start on that side with Rooneys obvious threat physically.

IMO Ross again has tried to be to clever & again we have suffered.

In a 352 he had to play :-

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon Lewis

Boyle. Hallberg. Gogic. Murphy

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with p
    Agree with every word. Cannot understand playing a player who has never kicked a ball for the club in a semi final. To me halberg had been playing well and didnt deserve to be dropped. Ross also seems to want to adapt to the opposition (rangers/celtic fair enough), instead of letting them worry about us. Put him self under a lot of pressure after this one.

Left by mutual consent!
    What a terrible poll
    Should be a yes or no and then when 90% say yes some **** screen shot and send to Gordon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I like the cut of Goodwin. Speaks well, team works hard and with better players I think he would do well. But can you imagine the rage if we nicked another from St Mirren 😲
    I actually mentioned to the wife before the game that I would not mind the St Johnston manager at Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Do you actually think he will get the vibe back home in Peru? No chief executive, absent owner, feeble manager & players = rudderless ship.

Ross going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    I started a thread stating that after hertz **** show and was hounded by many a happy clapper. It now seems to be dawning on the happy clappers that he is not going to last.

Nice enough guy but too cautious and on a number of occasions, clueless.

Nope ,the happy clappers will revert to type,acceptance of any level of *****.

Get rid style of football honking
    How you can be motivated by him is beyond me. Before the ah 4th place though that’s the minimum we should be the league is dross