323 63.58%
  • Bring back Mr Stubbs

18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

We don't have to pick the replacement.

Folk are muddying the waters going on about Stubbs.

Are the results good enough under Jack Ross is the only question we have to answer and the answer is no.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he say?

Looked and sounded his normal self (bit more anger obviously) on Premier. Dropped the players in it more than I’ve ever heard him do but even that was tempered with his normal “we’ve been good at that most of the season”.

Seems a really decent guy but I doubt he’ll recover from this.
    Not disagreeing with anything you say, but hope people don’t start playing the ‘he’s a decent guy’ card. Not accusing you of that rather just pointing out that it is irrelevant when judging his overall ability as a manager. I’m sure he is a very good guy as most of our previous managers have all been. And I’m also sure he works his arse off and is as angry and upset as we are. But he’s come up short... again! I don’t tend to post after games because I can get over emotional but this latest capitulation has me raging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said before this game that Jack Ross was still to win a big game.However i do think we should stick with him as changing your manager every 18 months is a recipe for disaster.But so so pissed off tonight as these type of results predate Ross and seem to be Hibs thing and i have witnessed too many in my life.

I don't know if he will be sacked on the back of this. But surely he must now be under pressure, that was unacceptable and it's a word I for one seem to be using a hell of a lot recently. This is a results based business and it's the ones in games that matter that save or lose a manager his job.

We are losing heavily to teams who are organised and up for it, teams who on paper are way short of the players we have at our disposal ... but those players and their manager are found woefully wanting when faced with the minimum you would want from an amatuer team, fight and organisation.

It would do his cause no harm if he looked a bit more enthusiastic and / or animated on the touchline, what the hell will it take for this guy to show some bloody passion FFS?

I watched Bill Belichick one of the best, most successful and most respected coaches in any sport famous for his dead pan approach absolutely lose the plot the other week after a coach had given him bad advice during a game with absolutely nothing but pride resting on it .... if it's good enough for him it's bloody well good enough for our seemingly passionless manager.

IMO he should be one crap result away from the tin tack and if he isn't then perhaps Ron Gordon was full of hot air about what he want's for this club after all

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Nah, terrible idea IMO. Needs time to build. Look at OGS at man utd, or ferguson for that matter.

Ross is clearly a capable manager, and is building a foundation. This is his first proper bad run of form, binning him now would be very stupid IMO.
    This is where I'm at too. We will never eradicate days like today unless we give him a chance to build a foundation and change the culture of consistent failure in important matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    The last two games v Hearts?
    Fair enough. I read it as Hearts being 4th instead of us, when in actual fact it was more about our bottle against them. See the point now.

Give the job to one of the cardboard kangaroos - more substance than our current characterless manager.
    Looks good in a polo neck, that’s about it.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I'm not one of them. I am in the happy clapper camp, but he has to go. That was pathetic.

I'm as Happy a Clapper as you will find. Almost worse than wanting him out though I find myself just completely ambivalent about him. Instead of feeling that he should be sacked in the morning I somehow end up feeling a gigantic MEH about the whole thing. That's not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    I said before this game that Jack Ross was still to win a big game.However i do think we should stick with him as changing your manager every 18 months is a recipe for disaster.But so so pissed off tonight as these type of results predate Ross and seem to be Hibs thing and i have witnessed too many in my life.
    Persevering with an inept manager - what would you say that was a recipe for? Not success.

Why because someone doesn’t want to drop there mates name out there does that mean there wrong?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The Sporting Director who was promoted from Head of Recruitment after some questionable (at best) recruitment?

Cadden is the obvious one for me. Where has he been identified to play and who is he playing instead of? Kyle Magennis ending up left midfield to get him in the team as well.
    Cadden. Why?
    Drey Wright. WTF?
    Stephen McGinn. See Cadden.

The 3rd manager in a row to sign some total duds so you have to wonder what the hell is going on in the recruitment team.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    After talking about the players, he was asked if he got anything wrong himself.

He went off on an unbelievable rant at the journo for not showing him respect. It was car crash, cringeworthy listening.

Prob get it on the BBC Sportsound podcast later. Painful.
    He was unhinged. Kenny was entirely respectful and asked reasonable questions.

His responses made Lennon sound sane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Glass half full by name and by nature.
    He will be gone and that does not make me right with regards with what I know what the players think of him.
    He has to go now

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    He’s not got a clue, if he did we’d be in the final.

Loosing against a *****e Hearts team in the SC you could maybe say was unlucky but getting horsed by St Johnstone as well proves he’s not the man.
    Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Since when did you decide on what I'm permitted to post?

There are people on here who seem to revel in being negative and are delighted to show how right they are after a bad result.

As for me being a club plant, don't be so stupid. I'm a Hibs supporter - you could maybe check the meaning in the dictionary - you might be surprised. And for what it's worth, I don't think Ross should be binned, but he'll be well aware that results like tonight will never be acceptable and that he'll have lost a huge chunk of the supporters' patience and goodwill tonight.

Is that OK for you?
    Post what you want, I couldn’t care.

If you post snidey comments about the usual suspects being out, without giving your own opinion, of course you’re going to get some stick back.

As for your definition of a supporter, if you think that is just agreeing with everything and cheering on everything Hibs ever do then you’re mistaken, sometimes it’s good to challenge things if you feel they aren’t right.

If it was up to you we’d be in the 3rd division, Terry Butcher would still be our manager but you’d be on here making wee digs at anyone that questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    you can say 2 semi finals , but we didnt play any premier league teams to get there.
    Correct, and as soon as we meet a team anywhere near our level then we ***** the bed accordingly.

I’m not quite in the Ross out camp - I think we need a period of stability, and JR can provide us with that.

I am getting some Fenlon stability vibes however, so I’m really split on the issue.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The Sporting Director who was promoted from Head of Recruitment after some questionable (at best) recruitment?

Cadden is the obvious one for me. Where has he been identified to play and who is he playing instead of? Kyle Magennis ending up left midfield to get him in the team as well.
    When the window opened I thought midfield was the last place we needed players. We added another 2 of them.

We do need cover for positions but we have to have it figured out very quickly how we want to play and how the players we have fit in.

We badly need a commanding centre half and need another option up front.

I’m not chasing Ross out because generally I don’t think it’s helpful and I doubt any manager we will ever get won’t have us in poor form at times.

I’m also not going to waste much time defending him now though. That has to come from getting better performances again.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    This is where I'm at too. We will never eradicate days like today unless we give him a chance to build a foundation and change the culture of consistent failure in important matches.
    How is he going to change it? What foundation is he going to build? You build by winning, not losing. Can’t attract players with “we don’t win anything”. Unless we plan to wait until we get golden generation of youngsters coming through...

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow sorrow View Post
    He will be gone and that does not make me right with regards with what I know what the players think of him.
    He has to go now
    You know nothing. You should go

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow sorrow View Post
    He has to go now
    It odd these things wernt said when we were flying

These things about crap training etc only ever seen to come out during a sticky patch

Weird

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    👋🏻

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Go. 4th place is seen as some sort of great achievement, when it’s the absolute bare minimum.

If this club wants to get out of mediocrity, then it needs to think better. Jack Ross shouldn’t see Monday as Hibs manager.
    We’ve been no better than mediocre for years. Do we just jump on the merry-go-round yet again in the vain hope of hitting the jackpot, which we never do. Before anyone accuses me of trying to defend JR, I am indifferent to his staying or going. But I just can’t get enthusiastic about yet another managerial shake up.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Post what you want, I couldn’t care.

If you post snidey comments about the usual suspects being out, without giving your own opinion, of course you’re going to get some stick back.

As for your definition of a supporter, if you think that is just agreeing with everything and cheering on everything Hibs ever do then you’re mistaken, sometimes it’s good to challenge things if you feel they aren’t right.

If it was up to you we’d be in the 3rd division, Terry Butcher would still be our manager but you’d be on here making wee digs at anyone that questioned it.
    Why should anyone take you seriously when you write crap like your last paragraph?

And I'm the snidey one?

Clown.

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely clueless tonight.As with Yogi Hughes and Ross Counry and Livingston and David Martindale,he didn’t do his homework.We’ve taken plenty off their players now let’s take their manager Jim Goodwin.Always been impressed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not really arsed about defending Ross. I'm not calling for him to go but I don't care if he does either.

I'd let him see out the season and reassess from there. We are going through a terrible run with some of our worst results in a long while but football is about whrre you are after all the games are played. The 2 semi finals are huge marks in the against column though and he really needs to pull something out the bag to win a lot of fans back. Limping into 4th ahead of Livi is only going to see us start next season with the 1st bad result having everyone rounding on him again.

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.
    I like the cut of Goodwin. Speaks well, team works hard and with better players I think he would do well. But can you imagine the rage if we nicked another from St Mirren 😲

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Go !

But don’t take my word for it

Lets have a poll

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    And you believe Jack Ross is the man to do that ?

Doesn’t inspire me at all.

@hibs.net private member
    Punting a manager while sitting 4th in the league and getting to two cup semis in a season would definitely be a new look for hibs. Or anyone outside the old firm really.....

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.
    I don’t rate Murphy at all. He would have been brought to our club for exactly these types of games. He won’t be on crap money either. We’ve had next to no return on that investment.