18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're only allowed to "support" Hibs if you criticise?
    Behave.

You might have noticed that Peevemor never offered an opinion, he just had a pop at those that did.

If you or he can defend that performance then fine, I’ll disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion. The poster I was talking about never gives an objective opinion about anything Hibs. We could lose 10 nil and he’d just be scoffing at people who were annoyed at getting beat.

Posters like Hermit get slated for being overly negative, for Peevemor to come out with a nippy comment like he did without giving his own opinion it’s absolutely right he should get called out for that IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Go please. Seen enough to know he can’t motivate the team

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Listening to him now, he sounds close to tears.

I think he could be away tonight. He’s broken.
    What did he say?

Looked and sounded his normal self (bit more anger obviously) on Premier. Dropped the players in it more than I’ve ever heard him do but even that was tempered with his normal “we’ve been good at that most of the season”.

Seems a really decent guy but I doubt he’ll recover from this.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Behave.

You might have noticed that Peevemor never offered an opinion, he just had a pop at those that did.

If you or he can defend that performance then fine, I’ll disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion. The poster I was talking about never gives an objective opinion about anything Hibs. We could lose 10 nil and he’d just be scoffing at people who were annoyed at getting beat.

Posters like Hermit get slated for being overly negative, for Peevemor to come out with a nippy comment like he did without giving his own opinion it’s absolutely right he should get called out for that IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    He can’t motivate teams for big matches.

It’s not a coincidence he loses every big game. He’s not a motivator, he’s a coach.
    Agreed very similar in style to Heckingbottom. This Hibs team needs motivated and as long as we continue with Ross it will continue to end in heartache in the games that really matter. Just missed Yogi. Lol

[QUOTE=Callum_62;6432362]Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE. Lol trust me on this one

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I’d go for Lennon before Stubbs
    **** that, we’re bad enough as it is.

Anyone supporting Ross imo is a happy clapper and has no ambition for hibs. Losing against your rivals in a lower decision, then a team in ninth, I repeat ninth, with no goal scored. Even if the football was attacking and attractive there is an argument but there is nothing going for him. Dour ******* who should **** off pronto

The “modern” manager. Stands in fancy clothes to look good. Over complicates things to make himself look good. Has the mentality in big games not to play occasion - absolutely criminal attitude. No coincidence his record in Derby’s & Neilson derby record against us before Ross was poor they are both cut from the same cloth.

Today we played 2 unmatch fit players. In return we moved our most consistent player this season in Paul McGinn out of his best position & our best player on form or most dangerous - Martin Boyle also out of his best position. CRIMINAL.

Then you look at St Johnstone - there most obviously threat was there physicality so we have Christian Doidge on the bench - a player who is is our most effective in both boxes when defending set play & attacking. To add to this he allows Nisbet to do his best work so we get more out another attacking option.

doig has developed well this season, but jeezo you can’t buy experience and Lewis Stevenson had to start on that side with Rooneys obvious threat physically.

IMO Ross again has tried to be to clever & again we have suffered.

In a 352 he had to play :-

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon Lewis

Boyle. Hallberg. Gogic. Murphy

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with players. Semi finals isn’t the time to be doing that.

Go.

He isnt going to recover from those 2 semi finals so delaying it is pointless. It may also save us having to watch his lifeless football any longer.

I want him gone.

As soon as we play a half decent team, or it’s a high profile game, we’re not winning.

Decent enough players there, to an extent, but said all along he’s not brought them in with any idea of how they’re going to fit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    he is actually a laughing stock....no I won’t name names.
    Get him t Fck now

No.

That was all down to the players.

The starting team was fine and dominated the first 30 minutes. Created several good chances but never scored.

First time were asking to defend and we concede from a set piece.

Half time - Get in, regroup and go out again.

4 minutes later we concede another shocking goal from a set piece.

From the 50th minute on the players had chucked it except Irvine. None of them had any desire to get back into the game and just tried to punt it and shirk any responsibility.

I was actually thinking I wish Mallan was on as he’d at least put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

I'm not really arsed about defending Ross. I'm not calling for him to go but I don't care if he does either.

I'd let him see out the season and reassess from there. We are going through a terrible run with some of our worst results in a long while but football is about whrre you are after all the games are played. The 2 semi finals are huge marks in the against column though and he really needs to pull something out the bag to win a lot of fans back. Limping into 4th ahead of Livi is only going to see us start next season with the 1st bad result having everyone rounding on him again.

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Cup football is all about will to win, passion, strong mentality and tactical nous where needed.

Over 2 semi finals against Hearts and St Johnstone, we have had none of these 4 things. The fact that we have far better players on paper than those 2 teams was therefore meaningless.

Significant fails by the Manager which he will probably struggle to recover from.
    This is where I am at.

Ross has continually signed midfielders who are no better than we already have. Obvious from tonight is it's the centre of defence where we are weak. When was the last time we signed a good quality, robust centre half. Probably McGregor then before that, Jones. Not a great strike rate.

His reputation is now at rock bottom. Any subsequent loss to a 'lesser' team will have the knives out for him. Can only see toxic atmosphere around Ross continuing from now on.

He needs to be moved on pronto.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    What did he say?

Looked and sounded his normal self (bit more anger obviously) on Premier. Dropped the players in it more than I’ve ever heard him do but even that was tempered with his normal “we’ve been good at that most of the season”.

Seems a really decent guy but I doubt he’ll recover from this.
    After talking about the players, he was asked if he got anything wrong himself.

He went off on an unbelievable rant at the journo for not showing him respect. It was car crash, cringeworthy listening.

Prob get it on the BBC Sportsound podcast later. Painful.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow sorrow View Post
    Get him t Fck now
    **ITK post **. Yawn 🥱

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I want him gone.

As soon as we play a half decent team, or it’s a high profile game, we’re not winning.

Decent enough players there, to an extent, but said all along he’s not brought them in with any idea of how they’re going to fit together.
    Maybe a reflection on our Sporting Director as well in terms of bringing players in? What is our philosophy, what type of football do we play? Seems we just sign players based on their credentials more than anything.

It's just as well there are no fans allowed into games this season. The atmosphere would be toxic alright.

He can’t motivate teams for big matches.

It’s not a coincidence he loses every big game. He’s not a motivator, he’s a coach.
    No, no. He beat Hearts and Aberdeen once each back in 2019. And won a Johnstone’s Paint Semi Final with Sunderland.

The “modern” manager. Stands in fancy clothes to look good. Over complicates things to make himself look good. Has the mentality in big games not to play occasion - absolutely criminal attitude. No coincidence his record in Derby’s & Neilson derby record against us before Ross was poor they are both cut from the same cloth.

Today we played 2 unmatch fit players. In return we moved our most consistent player this season in Paul McGinn out of his best position & our best player on form or most dangerous - Martin Boyle also out of his best position. CRIMINAL.

Then you look at St Johnstone - there most obviously threat was there physicality so we have Christian Doidge on the bench - a player who is is our most effective in both boxes when defending set play & attacking. To add to this he allows Nisbet to do his best work so we get more out another attacking option.

doig has developed well this season, but jeezo you can’t buy experience and Lewis Stevenson had to start on that side with Rooneys obvious threat physically.

IMO Ross again has tried to be to clever & again we have suffered.

In a 352 he had to play :-

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon Lewis

Boyle. Hallberg. Gogic. Murphy

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with p

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    **ITK post **. Yawn 🥱
    Yes very itk YAWN 🥱

Behave.

It's a bit off telling a poster to go for not being critical imo. He can post what he likes.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Behave.

Since when did you decide on what I'm permitted to post?

There are people on here who seem to revel in being negative and are delighted to show how right they are after a bad result.

As for me being a club plant, don't be so stupid. I'm a Hibs supporter - you could maybe check the meaning in the dictionary - you might be surprised. And for what it's worth, I don't think Ross should be binned, but he'll be well aware that results like tonight will never be acceptable and that he'll have lost a huge chunk of the supporters' patience and goodwill tonight.

Is that OK for you?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    After talking about the players, he was asked if he got anything wrong himself.

He went off on an unbelievable rant at the journo for not showing him respect. It was car crash, cringeworthy listening.

Prob get it on the BBC Sportsound podcast later. Painful.
    Jeez, didn’t expect it to go that way. Sounds like he was under pressure to get result (given really). Will give it a listen if it goes up later.

Some folk need to put their phone down 😅😅

@hibs.net private member
    Lost the plot on the radio tonight, should’ve spent more time criticising his team than having a go at the reporter.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow sorrow View Post
    Yes very itk YAWN 🥱
    Glass half full by name and by nature.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Get him t Fck now

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Maybe a reflection on our Sporting Director as well in terms of bringing players in? What is our philosophy, what type of football do we play? Seems we just sign players based on their credentials more than anything.
    The Sporting Director who was promoted from Head of Recruitment after some questionable (at best) recruitment?

Cadden is the obvious one for me. Where has he been identified to play and who is he playing instead of? Kyle Magennis ending up left midfield to get him in the team as well.