• Bring back Mr Stubbs

18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got a few good results initially, a great win at Tynecastle too, but outside that it was pretty average.

Capitulations at Livingston, Hearts at ER, and Aberdeen away to name but a few.

His record was W7 D4 L7 which is hardly much to write home about. Form was actually poor when season was curtailed also.
    Aberdeen away is surely a bit harsh, hardly his fault Whittaker got a daft sending off when we were playing fairly well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Jack Ross may well have saved us from relegation. I don't know for sure and neither do you.

I presented my opinion and was questioning how you could be so definite.

The results were facts as were the points per game averages that I used as examples. I was simply illustrating how things could have gone. Maybe that doesn't hold much weight for you - that's up to you.
    Yet you never took umbrage at the poster and his opinion upon Ross saving us from relegation, or dissected his opinion in such a vigorous manner as you did my own.

Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Aberdeen away is surely a bit harsh, hardly his fault Whittaker got a daft sending off when we were playing fairly well.
    Perhaps, but we we shambolic after the sending off, ten men or not.

I could easily replace it with the shambles against Ramgers at ER then.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 26-01-2021 at 02:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Perhaps, but we we shambolic after the sending off, ten men or not.

I could easily replace it with the shambles against Ramgers at ER then.
    Every game we lose these days is a shambles, we never lose a game where we have been unlucky to lose, its either a shambles or we were lucky to get a win.

These are the rules now.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Yet you never took umbrage at the poster and his opinion upon Ross saving us from relegation, or dissected his opinion in such a vigorous manner as you did my own.

Funny that.
    There are lot's of things said on here that I don't necessarily agree with but I don't post to contradict or question.

You posted something about Heckingbottom leaving in November. I posted that Fenlon also left in November. You said this was irrelevant. It wasn't me taking umbrage - it was you that dismissed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Especially on one hand claiming Livi will definately overtake us and on the other saying we can't use what we had done last year up until Hecky was punted as an indication of future performance

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Who claimed Livi would definitely overtake us?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Every game we lose these days is a shambles, we never lose a game where we have been unlucky to lose, its either a shambles or we were lucky to get a win.

These are the rules now.
    And every goal we lose there's someone at fault - it can't just be a good goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There are lot's of things said on here that I don't necessarily agree with but I don't post to contradict or question.

You posted something about Heckingbottom leaving in November. I posted that Fenlon also left in November. You said this was irrelevant. It wasn't me taking umbrage - it was you that dismissed my point.
    OK, fair point.

Apologies for the "insufferable bore" comment earlier too. It's a title made for me according to my wife.

OK, fair point.

Apologies for the "insufferable bore" comment earlier too. It's a title made for me according to my wife.
    No probs.

These are the rules now.
    For the last 35 minutes at Pittodrie, and much of the game against Rangers at ER, I'd say using the word shambles/shambolic was a fitting assessment.

Others might disagree.

These are the rules now.
    I don’t think that’s true to be honest. Look at the recent defeats. St Johnstone, Livi and Ross County were all dreadful performances. There wasn’t anything unlucky about them. The one before that at Ibrox, I think 90% of folk would have agreed we played well and were unlucky not to take something from the game.

I think we’re one extreme to the other. Most of the games we’ve won, we’ve generally deserved to win. But when things go against us in games, like losing the first goal, we have no idea how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think that’s true to be honest. Look at the recent defeats. St Johnstone, Livi and Ross County were all dreadful performances.

Yes, described as shambolic, horrific, gutless, you name it.

There wasn’t anything unlucky about them. The one before that at Ibrox, I think 90% of folk would have agreed we played well and were unlucky not to take something from the game.

Agreed.

I think we’re one extreme to the other. Most of the games we’ve won, we’ve generally deserved to win. But when things go against us in games, like losing the first goal, we have no idea how to handle it.
    Dundee Utd, 1-1 with a last minute equaliser, have a look at that thread on how shambolic our finishing was, then the goal we lost completely negated the good performance we actually had.

There is always someone to blame when we lose these days, and when we win its only to be expected, yet when we lose i do find it strange that folk still find it so unexpected.

Dundee Utd, 1-1 with a last minute equaliser, have a look at that thread on how shambolic our finishing was, then the goal we lost completely negated the good performance we actually had.

There is always someone to blame when we lose these days, and when we win its only to be expected, yet when we lose i do find it strange that folk still find it so unexpected.
    Criticism of our finishing in that Dundee Utd game was surely fair though. The 90th minute goal should have been irrelevance. Without looking, I’m sure the threads from the two weeks previous (when we won 3-0 and 4-0) wouldn’t just have been full of folk saying we were lucky or it was to be expected. Generally, I think most folk just call it as they see it (some obvious exceptions at opposite ends of the scale).

Left by mutual consent!
    Haven't answered the poll because I honestly don't know what the best option is.

After losing to Ross County before new year I was quick to defend him as I was confident that based on his results since taking charge it was a blip we would soon ovecome. However, the embarrassing home defeat to Livi really shocked me and the two league results after that were clearly just papering over some widening cracks which were completely exposed in the second half at Hampden.

No question it's deeply concerning, but on paper we appear to have a squad as good or better than most and I can't find much fault with any of his signings, so do we really think bringing in yet another manager is the solution?

On balance I'd say we stick with him but no question he's going to have to go some to persuade the bulk of the fans that keeping faith with him is the correct course of action. November's defeat to Hearts was hard to stomach, largely due to who the opposition were, but it was a game I felt we were a bit unlucky not to win and I'd managed to move on from it. Last Saturday though was a disgrace I find harder to forgive.

He is going no where He needs to get rest of season and probably another window unless we go into complete meltdown which I don’t expect
    Move another few players in and another signing or two Then he needs to show he can get players playing to their potential and in a formation that gets best from the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Haven't answered the poll because I honestly don't know what the best option is.

After losing to Ross County before new year I was quick to defend him as I was confident that based on his results since taking charge it was a blip we would soon ovecome. However, the embarrassing home defeat to Livi really shocked me and the two league results after that were clearly just papering over some widening cracks which were completely exposed in the second half at Hampden.

No question it's deeply concerning, but on paper we appear to have a squad as good or better than most and I can't find much fault with any of his signings, so do we really think bringing in yet another manager is the solution?

On balance I'd say we stick with him but no question he's going to have to go some to persuade the bulk of the fans that keeping faith with him is the correct course of action. November's defeat to Hearts was hard to stomach, largely due to who the opposition were, but it was a game I felt we were a bit unlucky not to win and I'd managed to move on from it. Last Saturday though was a disgrace I find harder to forgive.
    This is where i'm at - probably content with regime to remain in place until the split - if we've regressed then go for (tin hat firmly on) KEVIN THOMSON and give him the split fixtures to et to know squad

@hibs.net private member
    Criticism of our finishing in that Dundee Utd game was surely fair though. The 90th minute goal should have been irrelevance. Without looking, I’m sure the threads from the two weeks previous (when we won 3-0 and 4-0) wouldn’t just have been full of folk saying we were lucky or it was to be expected. Generally, I think most folk just call it as they see it (some obvious exceptions at opposite ends of the scale).
    There were a few, me included, that were very critical of the finishing and of Doidge's finishing in particular. Not seen much of Doidge since then so Ross obviously made a change based on what many were seeing.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This is where i'm at - probably content with regime to remain in place until the split - if we've regressed then go for (tin hat firmly on) KEVIN THOMSON and give him the split fixtures to et to know squad
    Lol

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why is Kevin Thomson walking in to one of the biggest jobs on Scottish Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Why is Kevin Thomson walking in to one of the biggest jobs on Scottish Football?
    More chance of that than Scott Brown to be fair and far more experienced (not that it should happen either, but think Thommo with his footballing brain will go on to be a top coach).

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    More chance of that than Scott Brown to be fair and far more experienced (not that it should happen either, but think Thommo with his footballing brain will go on to be a top coach).
    I agree with what you're saying, but the only thing qualifying either of those two is the Hibs connection at this point in time.

10 years time? Maybe, but as replacement for Ross? Pfffft

Not really, we had chances, their keeper played like 2 keepers that day. We did not miss those chances on purpose, it was not scandalous we missed them, it was just a keeper playing out of his skin.

Of course that's never taken into account, we need to describe anything bad as horrendous, scandalous, a nightmare and anything good as expected.

Things are never as good as we think, just as they are never as bad too.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/louis1875zz/status/1354097947693228033?s=20

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

It doesn't much for me to look at Twitter and feel fortunate I haven't signed up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He's at the same stage of his coaching development as Alan Stubbs was when he took over!?

I'm not saying it will or should. I want JR to succeed but if he goes he should be given consideration imo

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

He's posted the same on Facebook (Hibs Page). I can’t stand people who will find fault in anything and everything, even to the point of inventing stuff to moan about. They're exactly the type of people who would hang around with the hard man thicko at school and agree with everything he says just to be part of the gang. Idiots every single one of them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    He's at the same stage of his coaching development as Alan Stubbs was when he took over!?

I'm not saying it will or should. I want JR to succeed but if he goes he should be given consideration imo
    What age group is Thomson coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    What age group is Thomson coaching?
    He takes their B team, so essentially reserves manager.

Left by mutual consent!

We should be happy getting to Semi Finals. Straight from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post

We should be happy getting to Semi Finals. Straight from the horses mouth.
    Shouldn't we be? Moaning for moaning's sake.