18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My hope is that Ron is genuinely ambitious and ruthless. Once the dust settles on yesterday and we finish 4th there will be a temptation to tell Ron how we have rarely finished 4th in the past so this must be a viewed as a good season and time to stick with Ross.

4th in itself wouldn’t be a stick to beat Ross with of course, but there’s a context to keep in mind. We’ve spent a lot of money at a time the majority of clubs are cutting back and simply trying to survive, as well as not having Hearts in the league. 4th should be a given this season, so it’s really about the style it’s achieved in and the cups as to how successful it is or not. Ross is badly failing on those accounts IMO.

The worry as others have pointed out, is apathy. My general feeling of Hibs this season is boredom. I drift in and out of watching games and haven’t been particularly bothered about buying many of the PPV games as a result. That surely shouldn’t be the case in a season where we finish 4th and featuring two semi finals.

Reading people point out how we’ve only finished top 4 x amount of times really doesn’t change my view that we should be top 4 as a minimum.

As you’ve said, other teams are toiling to survive yet we’ve went and threw plenty cash around to add to what was already by a mile the 4th most expensively assembled squad in the league.

4th is the absolute minimum, regardless of how many times we’ve finished there before.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hibs will never likely challenge for the title so cups is our best chance of success.

Whilst finishing 3rd/4th/5th is super duper Tommy Cooper it means **** other than a few extra quid and perhaps one/two rounds in Europe.

So what do we want?

The Hertz/Sellick teams were there for the beating in the Scottish but we messed it up and nothing has been learned - again.

FYI - Hibs players were on big money bonuses to beat Hertz and St J, more than we've ever offered and they still ****** it up. Fitba players, you're having a laugh.

Didn't even listen to the game last night, never mind pay to watch it, all so predictable so it's not JR that I've had enough of.

@hibs.net private member
    His interview with BBC start at 23 mins 40 mins nothing wrong with questions being asked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094yj5c

Time for him to go

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Reading people point out how we’ve only finished top 4 x amount of times really doesn’t change my view that we should be top 4 as a minimum.

As you’ve said, other teams are toiling to survive yet we’ve went and threw plenty cash around to add to what was already by a mile the 4th most expensively assembled squad in the league.

4th is the absolute minimum, regardless of how many times we’ve finished there before.
    I don’t get your logic at all.
    We are the 4th highest spenders.
    So if that’s your metric, we ‘should’ be finishing 4th.
    When you say ‘the absolute minimum’ I’m assuming you mean any lower and it’s a failure, yes?
    Finishing 4th would be acceptable. Higher=good, lower=bad, 4th=as expected, yes? So why do you think it’s logical to sack him when he’s in 4th?

If you’re basing your argument on style of play, or ‘big game performances’ then that’d be different. But you’re not.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I recently said he needs time but, **** me I was wrong, said to the wife before the game we would get beat 3-0, couldnt put myself to put 3-0 on prediction league, so put 2-0. His team is slow, uninspiring, predictable, soft as **** and no clue how to change a game. I am sorry but he has tae go. My mate even watsapped me yesterday and said he would rather see Lennon back at ER than watch anymore Ross. As for the players themselves, just how bad are they. Seem tomlack fitness and awareness aswell, pretty shocking stuff. If we end up 4th this year it will be a miracle. I along with many were happy we are 4th but could see we were lucky or scraping wins.
    No disrespect intended, but I don't think that is a very fair assessment of yesterday.

There was no lack of fitness or awareness in the first 45 minutes. We were dominant and very unlucky to be a goal down at half time due to a combination of a good delivery by Wotherspoon and a poor piece of defending by Porteous, who got caught under the ball.

I was quite confident that we'd get back into the match provided, that is, we played like we did first half, but 4 minutes in and we are undone by another great delivery and a good header (credit where it's due). This had a huge impact of the match.

After that we went to bits (not acceptable) but the mindset of both teams completely changes. St Johnstone have their tails up and all of sudden are doing things they weren't capable of doing in the first half. The second goal has the opposite effect on us, our decision making becomes poor, we start making basic errors and completely lose our shape.

It's an old cliche but goals change games and the second yesterday clearly gave St Johnstone a huge boost and completely knocked the stuffing out of us.

I don't think it's about fitness, you go 2 up when you've been the poorer side and suddenly you're flying. You go 2 down when you have clearly been the better side and suddenly you start making poor decisions and look leggy.

Do I think it's acceptable? No, but I understand how cruel the game can be at times.

If I had a criticism of Jack Ross it was the starting of Cadden. He didn't look match fit to me. I'd have started Boyle wide right and played Doidge up top with Nisbet but, even then (apart from criticising our finishing) I don't see how anybody can say that there was much wrong with our display until that second goal went in.

At the risk of repeating myself, it was a huge moment in the match that gave St Johnstone a massive lift and completely knocking the stuffing out of us.

I’ve seen a few bad managers in my time watching hibs and jack Ross certainly is not one of them,however there is a squad that badly needs something to ignite it and I don’t think we are signing the players to make us a good side at the moment.

Also beginning to think we need to be changing up the formation from time to time as we seem to be quite a predictable side to face at the moment.

I would like to see a CB in still another centre mid and a striker before the window closes,as it stands the team is stagnant with no flair.

@hibs.net private member
    Serial bottle merchant. Sunderland fans called it. Bin him asap. He’s a coach not a leader.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I don’t get your logic at all.
    We are the 4th highest spenders.
    So if that’s your metric, we ‘should’ be finishing 4th.
    When you say ‘the absolute minimum’ I’m assuming you mean any lower and it’s a failure, yes?
    Finishing 4th would be acceptable. Higher=good, lower=bad, 4th=as expected, yes? So why do you think it’s logical to sack him when he’s in 4th?

If you’re basing your argument on style of play, or ‘big game performances’ then that’d be different. But you’re not.
    I’ve argued plenty on here about how bad our style of play is and how bad Jack Ross’ record is in big games - fair enough I didn’t mention them in that post but they’re absolutely a massive issue as well

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I’ve seen a few bad managers in my time watching hibs and jack Ross certainly is not one of them,however there is a squad that badly needs something to ignite it and I don’t think we are signing the players to make us a good side at the moment.

Also beginning to think we need to be changing up the formation from time to time as we seem to be quite a predictable side to face at the moment.

I would like to see a CB in still another centre mid and a striker before the window closes,as it stands the team is stagnant with no flair.
    We change the formation pretty much every game. I actually think the opposite in that he needs to work out his best side, formation and personnel, and stick with it. Let other teams worry about us for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post

Agree with this. Although the player we are most obviously missing is John McGinn, (or that type of player, I think that was the pipe dream with Macgennis but he’s clearly got injury fitness issues at present), but I was thinking the player we could have done with yesterday was Zemmama. Someone who has some unpredictability and flair. We’re just boring to watch and more importantly defenses know what’s coming at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Serial bottle merchant. Sunderland fans called it. Bin him asap. He’s a coach not a leader.
    School of Levein.

I don’t want him out yet. But you’d like to see evidence that’s he’s learning that swapping to 442 was a huge mistake.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    School of Levein.
    Levein has a better home record than him that’s for sure.

Surely time for Strachan no?

RP is away now so give GS the chance to build something special and bring in the right people this time.

I understand 4th is a good finishing position and playing 8 semi finals in 7 seasons is a lot better than when I was young in the 90s were we barely made any.

But there is something about this team that just doesn't get the blood pumping. Maybe it's not being able to be there and watching on TV, but I just haven't developed much of an affinity with most of ross' signings. I really like nisbet, love his attitude and work rate and has scored a good number of goals so far, but the rest it really is meh.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Surely time for Strachan no?

RP is away now so give GS the chance to build something special and bring in the right people this time.
    Please god no, the only thing worse than seeing us lose, would be seeing us lose than hearing one of Strachans post match “funny” interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I don’t want him out yet. But you’d like to see evidence that’s he’s learning that swapping to 442 was a huge mistake.
    I’d like to see a CB signed and a change up to 3-5-2

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    His interview with BBC start at 23 mins 40 mins nothing wrong with questions being asked

Time for him to go
    Definitely knows he is under pressure and not acceptable, I think he won't last long! And possibly might now effect any more arrivals being put on hold?

Quote Originally Posted by hibIBZ View Post
    I understand 4th is a good finishing position and playing 8 semi finals in 7 seasons is a lot better than when I was young in the 90s were we barely made any.

But there is something about this team that just doesn't get the blood pumping. Maybe it's not being able to be there and watching on TV, but I just haven't developed much of an affinity with most of ross' signings. I really like nisbet, love his attitude and work rate and has scored a good number of goals so far, but the rest it really is meh.
    Teams reflect their manager. They are completely dull and uninspiring. I think there are players in there capable of playing better football than they have for the vast majority of the season but there are also a few who's mentality is completely wrong and nothing is being done to rectify it. The collapse last year v hearts set alarm bells ringing. We have collapsed similarly twice since then (arguably 3 times).

Porteous is one who i dont get at the moment. I have defended him numerous times on here but his attitude at the minute is grating. Why has he started throwing himself to the floor at set pieces all the time? Who has told him thats acceptable? Stand up and defend the corner/free kick and attack the ball like you did when you broke into the team. Stop with the cheesy grins when you get away with daft petulant stuff and play the game. Thats where someone like a McGregor, Gray or Hanlon should be pulling him aside and telling him to cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hibIBZ View Post

No apparently 4th is only average for us now, because we’ve spent a few bob.
    Weve never finished higher than 4th since Mowbrays first season, SIXTEEN years ago.

Hughes also had us a 4th place finish, but didn’t win big games and we were boring and predictable to watch.

Jack Ross is basically a posher Yogi. Whether that means he deserves to be shown the door I’m not sure yet. The fan base had turned against Yogi then too, but he’d won 4 in 25 games at that point.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 24-01-2021 at 08:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post

Time for him to go
    Seems like he took umbrage at some treatment of him during the week.
    We as a support don’t really care for Kenny the Jambo and do like our managers and club to stick up for ourselves if folks are taking the P - Jack is just calling him out in the heat of the moment from a wider perspective.

I dunno whether it’s his delivery but Jack does remind me of Miller. Contrast that with Stubbs or even before the game Davidson. Charisma isn’t his strong suit.

In the cold light of day whilst I hate knee jerk responses and felt at 1-0 we were still very much in it losing the two semis in the manner we have is gutting and you have to question character belief. I think Jack wants to do that behind closed doors.

Whether his time is up I dunno maybe we can’t afford (is he on a rolling contract?)

As Hibbys we’ve seen this movie before - how can it be)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looking at our upcoming fixtures doesn’t make for good reading. Ross is going to need to sort this squad and their mentality out quickly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    No disrespect intended, but I don't think that is a very fair assessment of yesterday.

There was no lack of fitness or awareness in the first 45 minutes. We were dominant and very unlucky to be a goal down at half time due to a combination of a good delivery by Wotherspoon and a poor piece of defending by Porteous, who got caught under the ball.

I was quite confident that we'd get back into the match provided, that is, we played like we did first half, but 4 minutes in and we are undone by another great delivery and a good header (credit where it's due). This had a huge impact of the match.

After that we went to bits (not acceptable) but the mindset of both teams completely changes. St Johnstone have their tails up and all of sudden are doing things they weren't capable of doing in the first half. The second goal has the opposite effect on us, our decision making becomes poor, we start making basic errors and completely lose our shape.

It's an old cliche but goals change games and the second yesterday clearly gave St Johnstone a huge boost and completely knocked the stuffing out of us.

I don't think it's about fitness, you go 2 up when you've been the poorer side and suddenly you're flying. You go 2 down when you have clearly been the better side and suddenly you start making poor decisions and look leggy.

Do I think it's acceptable? No, but I understand how cruel the game can be at times.

If I had a criticism of Jack Ross it was the starting of Cadden. He didn't look match fit to me. I'd have started Boyle wide right and played Doidge up top with Nisbet but, even then (apart from criticising our finishing) I don't see how anybody can say that there was much wrong with our display until that second goal went in.

At the risk of repeating myself, it was a huge moment in the match that gave St Johnstone a massive lift and completely knocking the stuffing out of us.
    We weren’t dominant for 45 mins, we were dominant for 30 mins, at Johnstone started coming into it more and then from 35 mins iww were not dominant. Even in the dominant part of the game we not really had one good chance with Murphy. The other 2 that went close were difficult chances and by no means easy chances. We never really carved them open.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    We change the formation pretty much every game. I actually think the opposite in that he needs to work out his best side, formation and personnel, and stick with it. Let other teams worry about us for a change.
    I feel the same. How are players supposed to develop relationships with team mates and understand how they play when it's a completely different team and set up every week. A bit of consistency will help them.

He also needs to stop playing gogic. It forces us into a style of play that is cr*p to watch and if you are cr*p to watch fans won't forgive losses so easily. It is no coincidence that our best recent performances (motherwell, hamilton, dundee utd) were when he wasn't playing. Actually, we only lost control of the dundee utd game once he came on the park.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Cadden. Why?
    Drey Wright. WTF?
    Stephen McGinn. See Cadden.

The 3rd manager in a row to sign some total duds so you have to wonder what the hell is going on in the recruitment team.
    Cadden is a decent player however no way on this earth he should have been starting given his lack of game time.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    I feel the same. How are players supposed to develop relationships with team mates and understand how they play when it's a completely different team and set up every week. A bit of consistency will help them.

He also needs to stop playing gogic. It forces us into a style of play that is cr*p to watch and if you are cr*p to watch fans won't forgive losses so easily. It is no coincidence that our best recent performances (motherwell, hamilton, dundee utd) were when he wasn't playing. Actually, we only lost control of the dundee utd game once he came on the park.
    First half was as good as we’ve played all season. Nothing wrong with Gogic then. This was the football everyone was crying out for. “Even if we get beat”.

@hibs.net private member
    This was the football everyone was crying out for. “Even if we get beat”.
    Not for 30 minutes of a 90 minute game

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    First half was as good as we’ve played all season. Nothing wrong with Gogic then. This was the football everyone was crying out for. “Even if we get beat”.
    We played well for 35 minutes until they scored, we got progressively worse after that. What’s the point your making?

As an aside, if we had played as we did for 35 minutes for the whole game and lost 1-0 I’d have been frustrated and disappointed but would acknowledge we had played well and hit the bar numerous times etc, it was just one of those days.

We didn't play that football for very long though. Just over a 3rd of the game.

It's not so much that Ross doesn't have a plan B, just that plan B is pretty *****. Hence why we don't win games when we go behind.

3 shots on target in in the 1st half. Hardly 'bombarded' them as some people are suggesting.