323 63.58%
  • Bring back Mr Stubbs

18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    His teams play with the same style and panache as his personality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be interesting in what route the owner took

Someone from his side of the world or let Mathie and folk in the footballing department take the lead?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I dont think anyone who has been near the previous 2 appointments should be near the next one. Why Mathie was promoted to the sporting director role i dont know as his success rate in his previous role wasnt amazing. A new CEO in and a new manager. The club needs freshened up as everything feels stale now.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I dont think anyone who has been near the previous 2 appointments should be near the next one. Why Mathie was promoted to the sporting director role i dont know as his success rate in his previous role wasnt amazing. A new CEO in and a new manager. The club needs freshened up as everything feels stale now.
    You'd think we would need to replace Leeann first

Not sure who would pull the trigger on Jack and decide our new manager

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Get this imposter tae ****, the guy bottles every big game. No point in getting 4th if we are going to blow these big games. He doesn’t have the stomach for it and it’s time to go, sounded like he was almost in tears post match so expect he will walk. the SC semi was bad enough but we knew it would be Celtic in the final so still a slim chance to win.aome are criticising the way it happened today, embarrassing and pathetic of course but to have that semi final lineup we wint see that again. So angry even thinking about it. Bye bye Ross you ****** I’m away off to distract myself with something else for a the next few days

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    Get this imposter tae ****, the guy bottles every big game. No point in getting 4th if we are going to blow these big games. He doesn’t have the stomach for it and it’s time to go, sounded like he was almost in tears post match so expect he will walk. the SC semi was bad enough but we knew it would be Celtic in the final so still a slim chance to win.aome are criticising the way it happened today, embarrassing and pathetic of course but to have that semi final lineup we wint see that again. So angry even thinking about it. Bye bye Ross you ****** I’m away off to distract myself with something else for a the next few days
    Please hurry back, your insight will be so sorely missed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Please hurry back, your insight will be so sorely missed.
    Entitled to his opinion. He said what the majority are thinking and feeling.

I'd rather have won the League Cup than finish 4th.Jack Ross has blown it for everyone.

Out now, we will nothing under him. 2 chances to reach a final and HIS team failed miserably.

Yes. Seen enough now to know that unfortunately Ross is not up to the job.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    I know emotions are running high, but.
    Favourites to win the cup means nothing otherwise Rangers and/or Celtic would be in the final.
    If were to get to another semi, this bunch of losers would have to win games to get there.

We could have won today but didn’t, there isn’t any should, or we don’t play any games just select the positions teams should end up in.

I’ve said repeatedly 4th would be an achievement which is probably being more negative than you because I don’t think it’s a given by any means.
    4th would not be an achievement, it is the absolute minimum expectation this season given opposition and the fact that recent contenders in that position have imploded

Slept on it. Apathy has set in.

Has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Slept on it. Apathy has set in.

Has to go.
    I actually woke up and checked if he had walked or been sacked.

I fear now for this team for the rest of the season as going on form can't see our next win till the 27th of February.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I actually woke up and checked if he had walked or been sacked.

I fear now for this team for the rest of the season as going on form can't see our next win till the 27th of February.
    Don’t see him walking especially in the current climate.

I was happy when Ross was appointed and my view before yesterday was that he was a decent enough manager, albeit one who had possibly been hyped up by the media beyond his capabilities.

The Board has backed him and he's made a number of good signings. I've seen Hibs managers putting out teams with a lot worse playing styles than his and resources wise we are where we should be in the league challenging for that 3rd / 4th spot.

To lose two semi-finals that we were clear favourites to win and to lose them in such quick succession put things in a totally different perspective. In terms of mental resilience and strength of character, we have learnt nothing from the defeat against Hertz, totally capitulating against St Johnstone.

When it comes to the big games, the games that really matter, the season-defining games Ross has failed abysmally. I don't think he has shown the winners mentality or motivational skills in these two crucial games and while Id stick with him for the remainder of the season I'd be happy to see him go at the end of it.
    Last edited by Brizo; 24-01-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Having slept on it - actually more annoyed today than yesterday.

Would put that result up there with some absolute shockers last few years.

It wasn’t a close game losing 1-0 it was a 60 minute disaster class of embarrassing the whole football club.

I don’t get the keep him till end of the season . It’s like Lennon - it’s obvious he’s going to go so why wait - until it gets really bad and you frustrate even more fans ?

Players and manager should be held account to that last night. At least if we change manager then he can have plenty time to get ready for summer transfer window. Otherwise it will be all change again in summer.

We are probably too tight / too soft to sack Ross. His only way out of this is to win the Scottish Cup but Rangers will be definitely wanting to make up for their League cup mess to win the double.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Sid that a few months ago and got slated with all the rubbish we are forth in the league would you have taken that at the beginning of the season...... too many hibs fas accept the **** we play

ross needs to go ASAP
    I recently said he needs time but, **** me I was wrong, said to the wife before the game we would get beat 3-0, couldnt put myself to put 3-0 on prediction league, so put 2-0. His team is slow, uninspiring, predictable, soft as **** and no clue how to change a game. I am sorry but he has tae go. My mate even watsapped me yesterday and said he would rather see Lennon back at ER than watch anymore Ross. As for the players themselves, just how bad are they. Seem tomlack fitness and awareness aswell, pretty shocking stuff. If we end up 4th this year it will be a miracle. I along with many were happy we are 4th but could see we were lucky or scraping wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Showing a bit of passion and fight, nout wrong with that.
    He could try it on the sidelines. Most uninspiring manager ever.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Having slept on it - actually more annoyed today than yesterday.

Would put that result up there with some absolute shockers last few years.

It wasn’t a close game losing 1-0 it was a 60 minute disaster class of embarrassing the whole football club.

I don’t get the keep him till end of the season . It’s like Lennon - it’s obvious he’s going to go so why wait - until it gets really bad and you frustrate even more fans ?

Players and manager should be held account to that last night. At least if we change manager then he can have plenty time to get ready for summer transfer window. Otherwise it will be all change again in summer.

We are probably too tight / too soft to sack Ross. His only way out of this is to win the Scottish Cup but Rangers will be definitely wanting to make up for their League cup mess to win the double.

We lost to a artificially financed Hearts team in 2006? By 3 goals in a cup semi final and it’s safe to say that was a horrendous result. To manage to do it against a St Johnstone team is even worse and just to rub salt into the wounds we’ve managed to do it a couple of months after losing yet another semi final, this time however against a lower league Hearts.

His big game record is absolutely unacceptable imo and he has to go. How many games is it since we won one of the traditional big games? About 10?

And before anyone tells us all games are big games etc - lay off it. Everyone knows the big games, the club even categorises them.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m generally positive about Hibs but not on this occasion. Losing a semi final hurts but that was humiliating yesterday we got hammered at Hampden by St Johnston. JRs time at ER has come and gone. 4th place is not a prize. There are 3 prizes in Scottish football, Ross has blown 2 in 3 months against our biggest rivals and a hammering from St.Johnstone. Bye bye Jack bye bye

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

We lost to a artificially financed Hearts team in 2006? By 3 goals in a cup semi final and it’s safe to say that was a horrendous result. To manage to do it against a St Johnstone team is even worse and just to rub salt into the wounds we’ve managed to do it a couple of months after losing yet another semi final, this time however against a lower league Hearts.

His big game record is absolutely unacceptable imo and he has to go. How many games is it since we won one of the traditional big games? About 10?
    December 2019 v Hearts was the last big game win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I was happy when Ross was appointed and my view before yesterday was that he was a decent enough manager, albeit one who had possibly been hyped up by the media beyond his capabilities.

The Board has backed him and he's made a number of good signings. I've seen Hibs managers putting out teams with a lot worse playing styles than his and resources wise we are where we should be in the league challenging for that 3rd / 4th spot.

To lose two semi-finals that we were clear favourites to win and to lose them in such quick succession put things in a totally different perspective. In terms of mental resilience and strength of character, we have learnt nothing from the defeat against Hertz, totally capitulating against St Johnstone.

When it comes to the big games, the games that really matter, the season-defining games Ross has failed abysmally. I don't think he has shown the winners mentality or motivational skills in these two crucial games and while Id stick with him for the remainder of the season I'd be happy to see him go at the end of it.
    100%

The bits about mental resilience and failure in big games are my major gripe.

I’m utterly exhausted with showing lots of potential and getting our hopes up only to be let down on the big occasion. Time and time again.

The ‘Hibsed it’ thing is becoming a thing again. Since we burst this in 2016 we’ve lost four semi finals in a row.

The players and manager are soft. Every time we dominate a game but don’t score you can tell what happens next - failure to defend properly and the sucker punch. But whenever we go behind the players look like they feel sorry for themselves and there’s no grit, determination, winning mentality. Whatever you want to call it.

It’s not bad luck. It’s bad finishing. Bad defending. And most of all a bad mentality and lack of effort when the chips are down. All are characteristics of a poor, poor side.

Nowhere near good enough.
    Last edited by hibbydog; 24-01-2021 at 07:50 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’m afraid people won’t continue to chuck money at the club to watch us get dumped out of semi finals from our rivals or from ****ing St Johnstone.
    Of course not, Stuart. We will absolutely lose season ticket holders if we don't go on and finish 3rd of higher and/or do something special in Scottish. However, calling for everyone to withhold season tickets isn't going to help matters. Luckily we have a solid base of fans that wouldn't back the sentiment anyway.

I doubt someone as successful as Ron Gordon will accept the way we have gone about big games this season so I have faith that change will happen if required.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Of course not, Stuart. We will absolutely lose season ticket holders if we don't go on and finish 3rd of higher and/or do something special in Scottish. However, calling for everyone to withhold season tickets isn't going to help matters. Luckily we have a solid base of fans that wouldn't back the sentiment anyway.

I doubt someone as successful as Ron Gordon will accept the way we have gone about big games this season so I have faith that change will happen if required.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    There Is not a hope in hell we’ll be anywhere near 3rd with this clown in charge come the end of the season. We’ve hardly beaten anyone comfortably all season, the footballs been terrible and it looks like his luck has run out. We won’t lay a glove on Aberdeen as usual and any big games in the Scottish cup, the usual bottle jobs will be pretending to be football players.

Opportunities like this year don’t come along very often and he’s fluffed his lines. The unfortunate thing is there is no take two and we’ll potentially wait another decade or so for a chance like this.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Opportunities like this year don’t come along very often and he’s fluffed his lines. The unfortunate thing is there is no take two and we’ll potentially wait another decade or so for a chance like this.
    Last night was his take two.

If we were playing well when we lose against better opposition then fine but we just look like a an absolute gang of misfits all trying to do an impression of a football team. Even when we win we’re far from convincing and the football is not worth tuning in for.

Left by mutual consent!
    As the saying goes...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    My hope is that Ron is genuinely ambitious and ruthless. Once the dust settles on yesterday and we finish 4th there will be a temptation to tell Ron how we have rarely finished 4th in the past so this must be a viewed as a good season and time to stick with Ross.

4th in itself wouldn’t be a stick to beat Ross with of course, but there’s a context to keep in mind. We’ve spent a lot of money at a time the majority of clubs are cutting back and simply trying to survive, as well as not having Hearts in the league. 4th should be a given this season, so it’s really about the style it’s achieved in and the cups as to how successful it is or not. Ross is badly failing on those accounts IMO.

The worry as others have pointed out, is apathy. My general feeling of Hibs this season is boredom. I drift in and out of watching games and haven’t been particularly bothered about buying many of the PPV games as a result. That surely shouldn’t be the case in a season where we finish 4th and featuring two semi finals.
    Last edited by The Modfather; 24-01-2021 at 08:08 AM.

I thought Jack Ross was a great appointment with potential but that's not one but two semi finals we have completely bottled. I've no problem getting beat if we've at least turned up at but to crumble like that is a shocker.
    And I'll also point out he's another Leeanne Dempster appointee. I was never a LD groupie like so many on here and felt she got an easy ride over the Lennon debacle, Heckingbottom disaster and now this. Look how well Livvy are doing now as an example that the right appointment can be made ( their bubble may burst of course )
    I'm not saying Jack Ross should be punted but if we don't make Europe this season it's bye bye time surely

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    His teams play with the same style and panache as his personality.
    This☝🏻....we came out 2nd half and played worse than the first half, tells you all you know about him. Cant inspire the team, might be a decent coach but he’s never a manager in a millions years. There’s also zero personalities in the team now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What’s the point in your list of ***** managers that won’t replace Ross if he’s sacked?
    The point in the list is to highlight some of the crazy thinking of some folk around who they would want to replace Ross.

It’s fine having the opinion that you want him to leave but if you think any of the names mentioned would improve us then that’s mental IMO