18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we finish 4th and get a European spot, then I'd say give him another season. A 4th place finish is actually considered a success for Hibs. We can pretty much forget the Scottish Cup campaign. Our chances of Cup success was with the League Cup and we've blown that. Anything less than top 4 and I'd say punt.
    That’s where I’m at. Our best chance is 4th place with Ross and I think he is capable of getting us there. European football could be a tonic for the club. A new manager is a gamble at this stage of the season and, if a new face failed, we could go into free fall. My option is a reluctant, slightly indifferent ‘keep him and give him a chance’.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Scott Brown player/coach for me
    That's enough hibs.net for me today. Night folks

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Not so sure,Ron Gordon is an entirely different type of owner and ,I think ,he is much more capable of being necessarily ruthless.
    I think so too. I think he’ll get his new CEO in first and they’ll be thinking about an appropriate replacement to be in seat for the start of next season. Ross has had more backing than most and a relatively strong squad compared to every other team bar the old firm and Aberdeen.

Ron won’t like the feeling of failure on the big stage.

Hahahahah. On what basis does Scott brown deserve that? - at any club for that matter right now. Particularly one Hibs size.

St Johnstone 3 hibs 0
    Semi final
    Why r we even having this discussion,the guy is an imposter

@hibs.net private member
    No from me as he is likely to finish fourth so that is pretty much doing his job. Style of play, big games, fitness and drive of players and constant tinkering are his biggest issues. Tonight it looked like the players stopped playing for him and that is never a good sign

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    because bad runs of form happen, and this is his first real one IIRC. i also think that he's earned the right to try to get us in to europe. if we end up 5th at the end of the season then sack him, but doing so now would be absolutely mental, and would make the job look thoroughly unappealing.

another thing, r.e. not laying a glove on the old firm...we have drawn 3 times against them this season, so i think it's a pretty unfair charge. i do wish we could take points off aberdeen, but i can't remember the last manager to be able to do this on a regular basis. mcinnes has us, and most of the teams outside the OF, pretty well sussed.
    Bad run of form doesn’t need to result in absolute thrashings though. His team selections and subs suggests he doesn’t know what to do at key moments. It isn’t entirely on him, not sure why we have acquired so many unfit midfielders. Recruitment team, players and manager take responsibility for that result. However, in football the manager takes the brunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    If we finish 4th and get a European spot, then I'd say give him another season. A 4th place finish is actually considered a success for Hibs. We can pretty much forget the Scottish Cup campaign. Our chances of Cup success was with the League Cup and we've blown that. Anything less than top 4 and I'd say punt.

I think that ship has sailed,after the two semi failures,no way back ,no bottle in this team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not really arsed about defending Ross. I'm not calling for him to go but I don't care if he does either.

I'd let him see out the season and reassess from there. We are going through a terrible run with some of our worst results in a long while but football is about whrre you are after all the games are played. The 2 semi finals are huge marks in the against column though and he really needs to pull something out the bag to win a lot of fans back. Limping into 4th ahead of Livi is only going to see us start next season with the 1st bad result having everyone rounding on him again.

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.
    Im also in the camp of Ros seeing the season out and seeing if he can take a step forward next season but would also like it if Ron Gordon was to say that the failure in the cup semis is not on and is no longer acceptable at Hibs. No idea eho we would get though and not confident he'd do any better.

Ross is putting together a decent young squad but they are less than the sum of their parts and not convinced of him tactically and never have been.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Don’t see what snidey about my post.

I think you are wrong so I replied directly to your comment saying I think you talk pish.

You made a generic comment without giving your own opinion or engaging directly with the people you disagreed with, that’s what made yours a snidey comment.

I don’t think Hibs could ever do anything that would attract criticism from you, no matter what, you’ll always take the clubs side. That doesn’t make you a better supporter like you suggested in a previous post, it makes you someone that’ll be happy to accept us drifting back to a standard or level we should be demanding better than.

Blind faith doesn’t help the club, as someone on the PM board just said, apathy is more dangerous than rage, attitudes like yours encourages the former.
    There's so much wrong with that but I really can't be arsed justifying myself and correcting you so I'll just leave it there.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I still want him to stay, I’m sharing an honest opinion, I’m not saying this to wind anyone up so please don’t take it in that context.

We’ve invested in the last two windows, players he wanted - got to give him time to make the signings into a team. Plenty players to be moved on with perhaps a couple in during the next window.

I genuinely understand why some want him out but it’s a huge no for me.
    That’s fair enough.

As someone who does now want him to go, what do you think he’s trying to achieve at Hibs? What sort of team do you think he’s trying to build/style of play he wants to play? Do you think he even has the faintest clue of his best starting 11?

Genuine questions and I’m not trying to change your mind. These are just the big issues I see in Jack Ross and the ones that the more we see the further I am from working it out.

Now he's lost what appears to be a sizeable section of the support, it's just a matter of time now. We might limp into 4th place but if we happen to get to the scottish cuo semis, JR has now presided over a collective weak mentality where most of us (and the players) would have little confidence of success.

First Team Regular
    Ross will get to end of season but as future replacements, rather than Stubbs I would look at John Doolan who has done great job as first team coach at Accrington.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    No from me as he is likely to finish fourth so that is pretty much doing his job. Style of play, big games, fitness and drive of players and constant tinkering are his biggest issues. Tonight it looked like the players stopped playing for him and that is never a good sign
    I thought we were very good first half

Play with that freedom more and keep picking up results and I don't think we would have much complaints moving forward

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    What a terrible poll
    Should be a yes or no and then when 90% say yes some **** screen shot and send to Gordon
    Cos that’s the way it works in no football club ever. Internet polls on such topics esp on fans forums a bit of a blunt instrument IMO esp with Jambos and wind-up merchants piling in.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    I don’t rate Murphy at all. He would have been brought to our club for exactly these types of games. He won’t be on crap money either. We’ve had next to no return on that investment.
    Meant to be quality. Two goals in half a season and keeps getting a sore leg.

There is talent there but getting by on reputation. Pish.

@hibs.net private member
    Perfect, with his absolute zero management experience, good shout 👍

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.
    Hearts who lost to raith today and Dundee last week?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Hearts who lost to raith today and Dundee last week?

The one that beat us the last two times we played them. One on our own patch where they absolutely horsed us and the other in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Two much more relevant results to the posters points than their results against other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't know if he will be sacked on the back of this. But surely he must now be under pressure, that was unacceptable and it's a word I for one seem to be using a hell of a lot recently. This is a results based business and it's the ones in games that matter that save or lose a manager his job.

We are losing heavily to teams who are organised and up for it, teams who on paper are way short of the players we have at our disposal ... but those players and their manager are found woefully wanting when faced with the minimum you would want from an amatuer team, fight and organisation.

It would do his cause no harm if he looked a bit more enthusiastic and / or animated on the touchline, what the hell will it take for this guy to show some bloody passion FFS?

I watched Bill Belichick one of the best, most successful and most respected coaches in any sport famous for his dead pan approach absolutely lose the plot the other week after a coach had given him bad advice during a game with absolutely nothing but pride resting on it .... if it's good enough for him it's bloody well good enough for our seemingly passionless manager.

IMO he should be one crap result away from the tin tack and if he isn't then perhaps Ron Gordon was full of hot air about what he want's for this club after all
    Actually don't think he is that bothered about his job, he'll pick up another one. The Manager merry go round. Here is something to consider, would we have lossed tonight if we still had Lennon or Strachan. For me JR will not bring success to ER, getting Europe means diddly squat in the grand scheme of things, a Cup in the bag is what Hibs need to strive for and we've had 2 more golden opportunities within the last 3 months and blown both. JR not for me I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Davy Mac; 23-01-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Perfect, with his absolute zero management experience, good shout 👍
    He has his badges, but the happy clappers know best 👍

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Almost worse than wanting him out though I find myself just completely ambivalent about him. Instead of feeling that he should be sacked in the morning I somehow end up feeling a gigantic MEH about the whole thing. That's not a good sign.
    That's how I've felt for a while.

@hibs.net private member
    We'll beat Rangers next week !

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.
    Always a case of 'what if' and 'jam tomorrow' with Hibs.

Just win the games for a change!

Stay until we have better lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It never does.

They’re ****ing quiet after a good result though

And for any big games when was that ??

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The one that beat us the last two times we played them. One on our own patch where they absolutely horsed us and the other in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Two much more relevant results to the posters points than their results against other teams.
    So they would be 4th? I bet kickback disagrees today

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Didn't take long for the usual suspects.

Happy watching that second half were you?

He strikes me as another manager who thinks he's doing us a favour being here. I lost patience with him tonight, because the midfield that finished the game has played about 3 hours of football between them.

If you factor in the utterly bewildering signing of another midfield player in McGinn when we're crying out for another forward and a centre half to shore up that soft centre of ours, then that's on the manager.

I hear he lost the heid with a reporter who dared question him as well - first bit of passion he's displayed since he's been here then, and his team reflects him - dull, dour and clueless whenever we go behind.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Behave.

You might have noticed that Peevemor never offered an opinion, he just had a pop at those that did.

If you or he can defend that performance then fine, I’ll disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion. The poster I was talking about never gives an objective opinion about anything Hibs. We could lose 10 nil and he’d just be scoffing at people who were annoyed at getting beat.

Posters like Hermit get slated for being overly negative, for Peevemor to come out with a nippy comment like he did without giving his own opinion it’s absolutely right he should get called out for that IMO.
    Others have noticed Budgie.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    When does the BBC Sportsound podcast stuff normally go up? Really keen to hear his rant.