• No

323 63.58%
  • Bring back Mr Stubbs

18 3.54%
  • Bring in A,Another

14 2.76%
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross out

Football manager gets irritated by a journalist after a dreadful defeat shock. I'd have worried more if he wasn't angry.
    Last edited by Since452; 25-01-2021 at 07:18 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross answered his question firstly, the interviewer then repeated the questions completely ignoring Ross’ answers. That’s why Ross got annoyed and spoke of disrespecting managers. McIntyre was obviously digging for an answer that he wanted to hear, and completely ignoring what Ross had already said. Probably best not listening to snippets put on Twitter and actually listening to the full interview.
    I have listened to full interview. I don’t see it the way you have put it. Ross has overreacted. He reacted aggressively when it became about him. He didn’t react with such force when player’s character was questioned. Clearly it was more than just about disrespect otherwise he would’ve reacted aggressively and said “they’ve had an off day, you are being disrespectful to them” when the matter of their character came up.

McIntyre asked a completely different question that morphed back into the same questions after Jack Ross replied with some aggression, can tell immediately the mood shifts with Ross’ “As in?”.

I’ve got nothing against Jack Ross and him showing aggression. Good on him but I think this is wrong place for it and it seemed out of place.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Absolutely correct. I wonder many of the 56% are more bothered with the running of the club warm and fuzzy corporate stuff rather than understanding the actual football side of things.
    The state of this like you understand the "actual football side of things" and others don't.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I have listened to full interview. I don’t see it the way you have put it. Ross has overreacted. He reacted aggressively when it became about him. He didn’t react with such force when player’s character was questioned. Clearly it was more than just about disrespect otherwise he would’ve reacted aggressively and said “they’ve had an off day, you are being disrespectful to them” when the matter of their character came up.

McIntyre asked a completely different question that morphed back into the same questions after Jack Ross replied with some aggression, can tell immediately the mood shifts with Ross’ “As in?”.

I’ve got nothing against Jack Ross and him showing aggression. Good on him but I think this is wrong place for it and it seemed out of place.
    I agree with you and didn't like it either .

Apparently the BBC reporter is well known for being a complete prick though and very argumentative. I’m not defending Ross but I suspect he wasn’t in the mood for him and almost pre-empted it.

He basically asked what went wrong, so Ross told him what went wrong, missed chances, defended poorly, fell to pieces after the 2/3rd goals. He agreed that we created plenty and should’ve been in front. Therefore asking about team selections etc if Murphy takes his chances then team selections isn’t spoken about. Our game plan and team first half was ok. But going over and over trying to prize out an answer on the back of that was only going to end one way.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Lots of angry little men on here foaming at the mouth about Jack Ross and getting awfully upset. Honestly go outside and take a walk, it’s not worth getting that worked up about. We are fourth in the league and chasing third. It’s honestly not worth getting so upset about. There’s more to life and other things to obsess over all day.
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 25-01-2021 at 07:41 PM.

So what's the big deal.

He was verbally aggressive and there is nothing wrong with that. There were no threats and a clear explanation was provided as to why he initially answered the way he did. The interviewer was seeking a rise from him and backed down when he realised his approach was flawed.

Mind you its a pity his team weren't as aggressive.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pumping Mallan and keeping Hallberg 🤣🤣🤣🤣

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He basically asked what went wrong, so Ross told him what went wrong, missed chances, defended poorly, fell to pieces after the 2/3rd goals. He agreed that we created plenty and should’ve been in front. Therefore asking about team selections etc if Murphy takes his chances then team selections isn’t spoken about. Our game plan and team first half was ok. But going over and over trying to prize out an answer on the back of that was only going to end one way.
    Are you trying to tell me if McIntyre had led with “Hi Jack, did you maybe get something wrong today” or something to that effect the result would have been any different? The repeated questions is a deflection, Jack Ross was unhappy when he, personally, got questioned. Sort of understandable while emotions are high but manner of the disagreement was very silly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    So what's the big deal.

He was verbally aggressive and there is nothing wrong with that. There were no threats and a clear explanation was provided as to why he initially answered the way he did. The interviewer was seeking a rise from him and backed down when he realised his approach was flawed.

Mind you its a pity his team weren't as aggressive.
    Indeed. I was delighted he was angry ...would have been more worried with gentle platitudes. Hope he went through them in the changing room after the match too

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Pumping Mallan and keeping Hallberg 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Maybe no other clubs are wanting Hallberg?

I don’t mind Hallberg to be honest, should have played on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Lots of angry little men on here foaming at the mouth about Jack Ross and getting awfully upset. Honestly go outside and take a walk, it’s not worth getting that worked up about. We are fourth in the league and chasing third. It’s honestly not worth getting so upset about. There’s more to life and other things to obsess over all day.
    Here you go mate

https://www.oliveandsage.co.uk/produ...RoCuk8QAvD_BwE

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Are you trying to tell me if McIntyre had led with “Hi Jack, did you maybe get something wrong today” or something to that effect the result would have been any different? The repeated questions is a deflection, Jack Ross was unhappy when he, personally, got questioned. Sort of understandable while emotions are high but manner of the disagreement was very silly.
    He’d have asked him to expand and then would’ve said the team selections was fine as we dominated the first half, and should’ve scored.

If McIntyre had then followed up with ‘so what went wrong today?’ Hed just be asking Ross to repeat himself. The same as what happened. Ross would then have got annoyed at the line of questioning.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Pumping Mallan and keeping Hallberg
    I used to like Mallan alot but i find he just looks lost most of the time. He lacks athelticsm big time

Wish him all the best if he moves on but no massive lost I don't think

Probably on a fairly decent wage too that we can hopefully put to better use

Last edited by Callum_62; 25-01-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    What a fat, horrible, arrogant, hun **** Charlie Adam is.
    What was said?

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    Exactly. I’m not denying Hibs deserve a kicking over Saturday’s display but turns my stomach when the Weegie based media jump in without checking the facts. Stevie Malian being criticised (not even on the bench) and apparently 21 year old Ryan Porteous has been at ER for as long as Hanlon and Stevenson.
    I agree. The point about us missing the pace of Drey Wright had me dumbfounded. So out of touch it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    I agree. The point about us missing the pace of Drey Wright had me dumbfounded. So out of touch it's unbelievable.
    Did they discuss the embarrassment of drawing at a part time side on Friday night with Mr Adam? No doubt a class player but seems extremely illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Football manager gets irritated by a journalist after a dreadful defeat shock. I'd have worried more if he wasn't angry.
    Pity he didn't get angry during half time at two semi - finals

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Couldn’t give a **** if we finish 4th in the weakest league in history, he’s an absolute bottler. We will never beat the OF, Aberdeen or hearts (oooh 1 game) or games at Hampden
    Thought 2014-2015 was the weakest league in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by AZhibee View Post
    Thought 2014-2015 was the weakest league in recent history.
    Even better the moronic statement that we will never beat Hearts with him in charge other than the time we actually did.

We're fourth in the league chasing fifth on current form

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Are we really? Ours and Aberdeen’s form is near identical and they play Livi twice in a couple of weeks, something gives in both of those games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Are we really? Ours and Aberdeen’s form is near identical and they play Livi twice in a couple of weeks, something gives in both of those games.
    Once we get the Rangers game, which, on form I don’t see us getting anything from, out the way, we have games coming up which hopefully will see us consolidate or improve our position.

First Team Breakthrough
    I like the guy talks the talk but he can walk as tactically gets found out with terrible subs second half on Saturday was unforgivable his demeanour on the touch line lack of animation reflects the poor performances on the pitch we can do better.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by john rossi View Post
    I like the guy talks the talk but he can walk as tactically gets found out with terrible subs second half on Saturday was unforgivable his demeanour on the touch line lack of animation reflects the poor performances on the pitch we can do better.
    His demeanor means nowt

I watched MOTD the other day and as city missed another chance to equalise against Cheltenham, pep was sitting down in his dugout

I seen Big Sam basically reclining in his dugout the other week before his team fought back to win

See this new breed of Hibs fans who are hounding managers out at the drop of a hat and mocking other (apparently less knowledgeable) fans for ‘accepting mediocrity’? When did they start supporting Hibs and do they know anything about our history as well as the dynamics of Scottish football?

We all want better, but I must say if we’re going to start demanding sackings when we’re sitting 4th and playing in cup semi’s then surely the job is going to become a poisoned chalice?

I’m not saying Jack Ross will be the man to lead us to greater things but to even think about firing him right now would be just lunacy. We have reason to be gutted about both semi’s but I’m not quite getting how the manager ‘bottled it’? Every game we play under Ross Jack seems quite positive in terms of us looking to impose ourselves and competing.

Some players have played poorly at bad times but anyone who predicted we’d lose 3-0 on Saturday when the team was announced is lying. Nobody was calling for any of the players now being slated not to start so in what way has he bottled it?

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Loving the irony.

Reading today about decent clubs interested in some of our players.If you look at our squad we have got decent/good players and is not just full of journeymen and duds.So it begs the question why are we not performing better as a team? I said before i support the manager and will give him time but i will be looking for better performances/results for the rest of the season with 4th place and european football next season a must.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Reading today about decent clubs interested in some of our players.If you look at our squad we have got decent/good players and is not just full of journeymen and duds.So it begs the question why are we not performing better as a team? I said before i support the manager and will give him time but i will be looking for better performances/results for the rest of the season with 4th place and european football next season a must.
    We have a lot of decent players, a lot of players with decent potential but flaws. We’ve also got quite a lot of players with decent standing in the game who just aren’t offering enough.

I don’t think we have anyone at the moment who is indispensable. Boyle has been close to there in the past but not this season. Doig is improving and may reach that status. There are questions over Allan’s fitness. Nisbet is going through a wee dip in form and we’re struggling to get players around him to complement him fully. Porteous keeps making those mistakes.

Paul McGinn is possibly our most important and consistent player right now.

Given we’ll surely have to ship out to bring the necessary players in, you could make a case for almost anyone leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    See this new breed of Hibs fans who are hounding managers out at the drop of a hat and mocking other (apparently less knowledgeable) fans for ‘accepting mediocrity’? When did they start supporting Hibs and do they know anything about our history as well as the dynamics of Scottish football?

We all want better, but I must say if we’re going to start demanding sackings when we’re sitting 4th and playing in cup semi’s then surely the job is going to become a poisoned chalice?

I’m not saying Jack Ross will be the man to lead us to greater things but to even think about firing him right now would be just lunacy. We have reason to be gutted about both semi’s but I’m not quite getting how the manager ‘bottled it’? Every game we play under Ross Jack seems quite positive in terms of us looking to impose ourselves and competing.

Some players have played poorly at bad times but anyone who predicted we’d lose 3-0 on Saturday when the team was announced is lying. Nobody was calling for any of the players now being slated not to start so in what way has he bottled it?
    Seems to me that you have to be as angry and as hysterical as possible after a defeat nowadays on social media platforms. Demanding heads of managers and players. Thought it was just a Hibs thing to start with but Liverpool fans are at it with Klopp too. I'll never get my head around it. No perspective whatsoever.