hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scotty Allan

I'd like to add that I am really glad to see Scott Allan back and I really hope he gets back to his best. He has been a big miss.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scott Allan is one of the best in the country at breaking open a defence.

If you don’t put him on last night, when do you put him on? Ross should have known about his fitness, if he wasn’t fit to play a part he shouldn’t have been on the bench. I had more of an issue with the fact that I had no idea what was meant to be going on around Allan.

I thought he showed a few really nice touches and I can’t wait to get him back in the team.
    Last edited by Smartie; 24-01-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh **** off. Should he only get minutes when we're 4-0 up? Nothing wrong with putting him in tonight. He gets paid enough to come on regardless of score or occasion. Ross has many faults, giving Allan some minutes tonight isn't one of them. I think Scott will be delighted to have gotten back.
    Yep. When this is a “disgrace” it’s clear that Jack Ross’ time is well and truly up in some fans’ views and there’s no changing that.

The “desperation” is having a go at JR for this...

Jack Ross can't can do anything right in some people's eyes. I wonder if there would have been posts having a go at him for not bringing him on if he hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Jack Ross can't can do anything right in some people's eyes. I wonder if there would have been posts having a go at him for not bringing him on if he hadn't.
    You can be sure that there would have been. We all have an opinion on the manager but there's nothing more tiresome than when you get people whose entire presence on this forum becomes a crusade to prove that everything he does is wrong which patently isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I for one would have made the "if you don't bring him on when you're down 2-0 in a cup semi and needing to break down a defence but still have a bit of time left, when do you bring him on" point.

Not the best scenario, but I would not be surprised if Scott Allan was just thankful to run on to the field in a competitive game. Maybe something he had feared might not happen again. 3 nil up or 3 nil down he may have just been feeling a great relief knowing he was getting back to doing what he loves most.

Welcome back Mr. Allan.