Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotty Allan

Left by mutual consent!

Scotty Allan

💚💚💚

2. Log in to remove the advert

Only highlight of the night.

@hibs.net private member
    I love him. Absolutely shocking from Jack Ross to bring him on under these circumstances in a midfield that have barely played any football in the last year.

One of the only positives in a real shower of *****. Welcome back Scott, we've missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the only positives in a real shower of *****. Welcome back Scott, we've missed you.
    Best player we have by a mile. Oozes class , let’s just hope we can keep him fit for the rest of the season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Only positive from tonight is seeing him back but why is Ross getting such abuse for it? If he didn’t bring him on the same people would be giving abuse for not bringing him on 😂

Shameful from Ross to put him on imo.

Welcome back Scott.

Disgrace of a manager

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Shameful from Ross to put him on imo.

Welcome back Scott.

Disgrace of a manager
    You can say that again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Only positive from tonight is seeing him back but why is Ross getting such abuse for it? If he didn’t bring him on the same people would be giving abuse for not bringing him on 😂
    1-0, yes. 2-0, yes. But at 3-0 and next to Irvine and Magennis who’ve barely kicked a ball for a year is shameful.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Had Ross not put him on, people would have been moaning too. "Why have him on the bench?" etc.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Putting Scott on the bench tonight was a shocking decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Putting Scott on the bench tonight was a shocking decision.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    1-0, yes. 2-0, yes. But at 3-0 and next to Irvine and Magennis who’ve barely kicked a ball for a year is shameful.
    The game was basically gone. He’s going to play a part for us so it gives him minutes in his legs. No issues at all with him coming on, he was on the bench for a reason.

Have to say with the benefit of hindsight having Scott on the bench was a poor decision from Jack Ross. Especially coupled with the fact Magennis was also coming in over Mallan who was fit, and I'm not even a Mallan fan.

I'm absolutely delighted that Scotty is on the way back. But today was not the day for sentimentality.

Oh **** off. Should he only get minutes when we're 4-0 up? Nothing wrong with putting him in tonight. He gets paid enough to come on regardless of score or occasion. Ross has many faults, giving Allan some minutes tonight isn't one of them. I think Scott will be delighted to have gotten back.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Oh **** off. Should he only get minutes when we're 4-0 up? Nothing wrong with putting him in tonight. He gets paid enough to come on regardless of score or occasion. Ross has many faults, giving Allan some minutes tonight isn't one of them. I think Scott will be delighted to have gotten back.
    Exactly. He didn't start, he was on the bench. If he wasn't fit enough he wouldn't have been. Everyone was buzzing about him being in the squad. We lose and it's a "poor decision" lol. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Have to say with the benefit of hindsight having Scott on the bench was a poor decision from Jack Ross. Especially coupled with the fact Magennis was also coming in over Mallan who was fit, and I'm not even a Mallan fan.

I'm absolutely delighted that Scotty is on the way back. But today was not the day for sentimentality.
    Sentimentality? He was our only good player in the time he was on the park.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Let's face it, Jack Ross cannot do anything right

Put on Scott Allan - it's a disgrace!

Leave Scott Allan on the bench - he's our most creative player and he didn't even bring him on... He's too Conservative

Allan was a roll of the dice and he looks miles away from making a major impact but it won't have done Scott Allan any harm

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Sentimentality? He was our only good player in the time he was on the park.
    Can't disagree with that but he was also not up against a high standard. My point was more that we had two players that were far from match sharp/fit on the bench for a semi-final while a fit (i assume) Mallan was left out in one of their place.

Turning the last 20 minutes of a semi-final we're losing into a training match to get fitness into the legs of these guys is a disgraceful position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Put on Scott Allan - it's a disgrace!

Leave Scott Allan on the bench - he's our most creative player and he didn't even bring him on... He's too Conservative

Allan was a roll of the dice and he looks miles away from making a major impact but it won't have done Scott Allan any harm

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Fickle is the word I'd use

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    You're right. Punt him pronto 😃

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why though?

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    If the manager thought he was fit to be on the bench why should he not get minutes regardless of the score? A pathetic reason to have a go at the manager.

Great to have Scott back, giving him minutes last night to me was fine, sooner he is match fit the better. Thought he looked ok considering. I thought we really missed Newell last night. Someone who can take the ball and keep us moving forward. Sick of watching Hanlon and Porteous just launch it. We desperately need a couple of hard ball winning central defenders and another striker. Need to let a couple of midfielders go permanently or at least on loan. I actually thought young Doig done ok too, decent crosses into the box especially. Needs to work on his fitness though, looked shattered after 60 mins and got no help defensively from Murphy! I want Ross to succeed but he needs to balance the squad out asap��

@hibs.net private member
    If anyone is going to save the managers job, it's Scottie. We desperately, desperately need some cutting edge up front and he's throwing man to deliver it.

A midfield including the likes of Irvine, Allan, Newell, Gogic, Magennis and Hallberg looks very good on paper.

The question now is how to stop our defence leaking goals and get that on paper excellent midfield to start getting goals and assists.

The game was gone Ross knew thst and was giving him a run out to see what he could do
    He will get a similar cameo role v The Rangers Part of a plan to build up match fitness and could be the player along with Jackson Irvine that sorts things out going forward for us to get more out forwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love him. Absolutely shocking from Jack Ross to bring him on under these circumstances in a midfield that have barely played any football in the last year.
    Yep - reeked of desperation.

Great to see Scotty back.

Also brilliant to see some of his close control and footwork to get away from the opposition.

First game back which is huge but it was good to see the ability he has in small glimpses.

Get him back properly with Irvine and Newell and there’s no excuses. Ross has the players and puts out a good team, it’s just down to them now.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Yep - reeked of desperation.
    In what way did it reek of desperation? The game was done. He brought a player off the bench to give him some minutes. It was brilliant to see him back. No issues with Ross doing that whatsoever. I'd do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    In what way did it reek of desperation? The game was done. He brought a player off the bench to give him some minutes. It was brilliant to see him back. No issues with Ross doing that whatsoever. I'd do the same.
    His inclusion in the semi final squad baffled me to be honest. I get what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree if it was a league game, but I wouldn't have had him in the squad at all yesterday. Mallan has influenced almost every LC game we've played this season whether starting or coming off the bench. He'd have been my pick. I'm no Mallan cheerleader and Scott Allan is by far the best player of the two but he's not played a game since August. Just weird from my perspective.