hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1100
    First Team Breakthrough
    Hibs the whole season has been mediocre ,the style of football not great ,signing's underwhelming (Nisbit aside) and lack of consistency.
    Hoof defence diagonal balls and no central play is not great stuff to watch.
    I hear Alan Stubbs comeback mentioned were I can agree during his tour we were ten times the team we are now.
    If he was to come back and repeat that success is the question, i think he could given the chance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alan Stubbs has a 58% win rate at hibs although exclusively in the championship

I mind back in they days constant moaning at his tippy tappy, side to side football

Underwhelmed if hibs go for him

I never understand why this board always looks at ex players and managers - baffling

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    John Mcginn was a huge factor in Stubbs and Lennons teams that skewed the perception of the manager’s ability. As a player when on form he can lift Villa up the premier league. He did that for us.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You’ve made a pigs ear of Lennons

So Stubbs had a better win rate, a much better PPG, played much better football, signed much better players and won us the cup.

I know who I’d rather have.

Stubbs games were all in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    John Mcginn was a huge factor in Stubbs and Lennons teams that skewed the perception of the manager’s ability. As a player when on form he can lift Villa up the premier league. He did that for us.

I’m not joining any bandwagon here, but SJM joined us in Stubbs’ 2nd season, just as Scott Allan left. The style of football was already established before SJM arrived and survived Scotty’s departure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Stubbs games were all in the Championship.

Record against Premiership teams was excellent in the Cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Stubbs at least could beat Aberdeen and Hearts in the League Cup and Scottish Cup.
    But lost to Falkirk in a semi where we would’ve played Inverness in the final, lost a final to Ross county, lost a play off to Falkirk, lost a play off against the worst Rangers side of my lifetime.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    so much for "the pitch at hampden will suit our players" claims by some, just proves this team can be p@sh on any surface

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    But lost to Falkirk in a semi where we would’ve played Inverness in the final, lost a final to Ross county, lost a play off to Falkirk, lost a play off against the worst Rangers side of my lifetime.
    At least had a go and played with flair. Tonight just hoof ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Cheers coach
    Your Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    Bad choices in the initial line up. Macey should have started. Cadden not fit, Halberg should have been on.
    The substitutions reflect the poor choices and were bizarre. Allen and Mcgennis haven't kicked a ball. The shape completely went, players looked clueless
    This was never going to be an easy tie but to play like it was a training match in the second half was unforgiveable
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by ads913 View Post
    At least had a go and played with flair. Tonight just hoof ball.
    I’d say we had a right go in the first half tonight. The players then effectively gave up when they couldn’t score. We had more possession and shots on target today than we had in the Falkirk semi. Zero difference apart from playing a far *****r team back then.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Consistently when things don't go our way we don't same able to switch to a remotely successful plan B. When things go wrong they stay wrong.

In St Johnstone's last 12 matches against top flight opposition, they have been in the lead in 5 of them in which they have failed to go on and win. I had hoped when it went to 1-0 that we would take advantage of this vulnerability but as soon as it went to 1-0 we just collapsed and rarely looked like scoring after that.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    In St Johnstone's last 12 matches against top flight opposition, they have been in the lead in 5 of them in which they have failed to go on and win. I had hoped when it went to 1-0 that we would take advantage of this vulnerability but as soon as it went to 1-0 we just collapsed and rarely looked like scoring after that.

After going behind we never looked like getting back into it. Completely shat the bed and hid for the remaining 60 minutes,.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Keep Porteous make him or anybody else Captain and drop Hanlon.
    I'm sure getting Ryan into the office for a bollocking/pep talk then have him walk out the office as our new captain would work wonders for him and the team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I’d say we had a right go in the first half tonight. The players then effectively gave up when they couldn’t score. We had more possession and shots on target today than we had in the Falkirk semi. Zero difference apart from playing a far *****r team back then.
    only thing you got right there was we had a go ,then no response once they scored . Completely no back bone no plan B. I doubt that in any of the Falkirk semis we had less possession and played 90mins. Stubbsy teams completely controlled midfield . 2 seasons great to watch football. Tonight was just horrible. BTW he did also win a cup.

We've been ***** for months. Anyone who has watched us would agree we've been ***** for months. I said this after the Hearts debacle and got shot down. How the **** we are so high up the table is beyond me. This result is not a surprise for me we have ridden our luck so many times and got results being *****. Tonight we got found out again ***** defending ***** in front of goal.
    We are *****.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    The only positive was Jackson Irvine. Looked like the only ****er that cared.
    He won't be here next season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cekim View Post
    We've been ***** for months. Anyone who has watched us would agree we've been ***** for months. I said this after the Hearts debacle and got shot down. How the **** we are so high up the table is beyond me. This result is not a surprise for me we have ridden our luck so many times and got results being *****. Tonight we got found out again ***** defending ***** in front of goal.
    We are *****.
    Only reason was due to the good start and the other teams playing catch up in my eyes, the football all season has been awful and now we are seeing where we really are as a team as no chance we will finish 3rd or 4th this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ads913 View Post
    only thing you got right there was we had a go ,then no response once they scored . Completely no back bone no plan B. I doubt that in any of the Falkirk semis we had less possession and played 90mins. Stubbsy teams completely controlled midfield . 2 seasons great to watch football. Tonight was just horrible. BTW he did also win a cup.
    You might want to check then as we had more possession yesterday than we did in that semi against Falkirk. They may have controlled the midfield however they were still soft as ****. Peter Houston out thought Stubbs time after time after time. He’s no had a job since he lasted about a month at both st mirren and Rotherham.