hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kilmarnock need £1m to survive the season

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Grim times indeed.

Must be rubbish for the owner having to apply for this loan when they didn't really want to. There will be plenty other clubs doing likewise.

Needs must I guess.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    The business of football will be one of the hardest right now.

Teams/businesses operating as 'normal', paying employees and producing a product for a fraction of the profit they are used to.

Outside of professional sport businesses are operating and producing for profit (or at least some income) otherwise they are furloughing staff, etc but this can't happen in football.

The only thing that will help clubs not go under or end up in a mountain of debt is for care packages given without expectation of repayment, somehow I don't see this happening.

It's a real shame.

Looking at their Squad it looks like most are out of contract at the end of the season so a few could sign pre-contracts this Jan
    They have already lost Brophy and could loose the likes of.

Dicker
    Mulumbu
    Findlay
    Kiltie
    Tshibola
    Dikamona
    Kabamba

@hibs.net private member
    Most likely back to being relegation candidates as of next year. The Steve Clarke effect as good as gone.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Shows how vital initiatives like HSL are for clubs like Hibs

The good thing is that we can support the club before it gets to the stage where it’s a crisis.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I hope they survive.

I think Killie are a decent club, without any of the west coast baggage, and I enjoy the trips to Rugby Park.

A good time to plunder their main assets lol.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A good time to wish them well and hope that their supporters can find a way to help them support the club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Hibs were lucky that 11,000 of us bought season tickets. We are obviously losing money from lost walk ups and away supporters but did get a good percentage of our normal money.

Did Kilmarnock sell season tickets and if so how many of their supporters bought them?

Sadly there is no other solution than their supporters, that can afford to, giving their club further financial support. Borrowing money is debt and will hamper them moving forward with no assurance that things will improve with a risk of spiralling downwards through the leagues. Wonder if other teams will come out now and admit they are in financial trouble.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-01-2021 at 11:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Makes you think how things will be in the next few months when a lot of clubs, including ours, will struggle to shift as many ST’s as they usually do

I like killie as a club.

Don’t like their pitch

Hope they survive.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Why don’t they approach the Jambo dripping roast James Anderson ?

They must be seen as a more worthy cause than the bottomless Gorgie pit.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That isn't good, hope they manage ok.

Don't mind Killie as a club. If anything I have a wee soft spot for them. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Don't mind Killie as a club. If anything I have a wee soft spot for them. Shame.
    Killie have the dstinction of being a club to have denied Them on the last day of the season resulting in a change from goal average to goal difference which ironically meant Sir Albert of Kidd was able to deny them on the last day of the season.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    And folk think Ron isn’t ‘ponying up’ 🤦🏻

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Looks like they didn’t want any debt, but urgently need the cash

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    It’s a baffling claim to begin with, but even more so given the current circumstances.

Have to say, Killie won’t be the last SPL club to struggle with the finances. You do wonder where Scottish Football will be by the end of this year, how many clubs will fold?

On a side note Motherwell publish their accounts with a decebt profit up to end of May. Not sure what their financials will look like now

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/...ding-may-2020/

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    They will be missing away fans more than clubs like Hibs. Hope they can work something out. Could they sell their pitch to supporters and put a grass one down

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They will be missing away fans more than clubs like Hibs. Hope they can work something out. Could they sell their pitch to supporters and put a grass one down
    They cut the old firm down to one stand behind the goals, from 2
    Think this was during Clarke’s tenure, probably look to giving them the 3 big stands when fans get back in

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    On a side note Motherwell publish their accounts with a decebt profit up to end of May. Not sure what their financials will look like now

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/...ding-may-2020/

£3m + from selling Turnbull will help.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    But but but Ron the Con etc

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    £3m + from selling Turnbull will help.
    The Turnbull money will be on next years Motherwell accounts.
    The money from the sale of Scott gave them their profit in the accounts just published which cover the period until May 2000

Kilmarnock have sold no players for significant sums for a while hence screwed.

This summer other winners other than Motherwell were:
    Livingston who got a wedge for Dykes
    Aberdeen who got a wedge for McKenna
    Hearts who got a wedge for Hickey but foolishly wasted half of it on a forlorn court case
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-01-2021 at 10:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Reading that one of Killi’s directors is currently suing her ex for 16.5M.... I guess that could help the club if she wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Ken that's meant as tongue in cheek, but I doubt this is a time for levity. Its Killie now but how long before its somebody else and then somebody else and then somebody else and then eventually us?

Yes the fans have pulled Hibs through, but how long will that last? Folk have paid for STs for a season where they thought they might see some football, now it looks likely that it might not even be next season that fans are allowed back in anything like the numbers in a normal season. How many will be able or willing to buy a season ticket for 21/22 if there is no guarantee they will get to games then either?

Look at the current HSL initiative aimed at every Hibs fan, not just their members. So far the total stands at 20K of a 100K target with three days to go until the semi the initiative is based around. Don't get me wrong, it was a noble idea and 20K is still a decent amount, but clearly the fact that so far only a 5th of the target has been achieved is the first sign that optimism around what fans are willing, or more pertinently able, to continue to give may be a tad misplaced.

So ok perhaps there is still room for a bit of gallows humour, lets just hope that by the time we've all stopped laughing there's enough full time clubs left to form a credible professional league in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Ken that's meant as tongue in cheek, but I doubt this is a time for levity. Its Killie now but how long before its somebody else and then somebody else and then somebody else and then eventually us?

Yes the fans have pulled Hibs through, but how long will that last? Folk have paid for STs for a season where they thought they might see some football, now it looks likely that it might not even be next season that fans are allowed back in anything like the numbers in a normal season. How many will be able or willing to buy a season ticket for 21/22 if there is no guarantee they will get to games then either?

Look at the current HSL initiative aimed at every Hibs fan, not just their members. So far the total stands at 20K of a 100K target with three days to go until the semi the initiative is based around. Don't get me wrong, it was a noble idea and 20K is still a decent amount, but clearly the fact that so far only a 5th of the target has been achieved is the first sign that optimism around what fans are willing, or more pertinently able, to continue to give may be a tad misplaced.

So ok perhaps there is still room for a bit of gallows humour, lets just hope that by the time we've all stopped laughing there's enough full time clubs left to form a credible professional league in Scotland.
    I`m one who hasn`t been attracted by the latest HSL campaign enough to consider donating to the cause. Might still do so before Saturday but when not working at present due to lockdown, and ST renewals looming, I`ll probably keep it to put towards that instead.

When it comes to the crunch, ST renewals will be the single most important financial commitment you can make to the club, whether there are guarantees of actually seeing any action or not. I`m sure this will be the message that will be relayed to the support when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I`m one who hasn`t been attracted by the latest HSL campaign enough to consider donating to the cause. Might still do so before Saturday but when not working at present due to lockdown, and ST renewals looming, I`ll probably keep it to put towards that instead.

When it comes to the crunch, ST renewals will be the single most important financial commitment you can make to the club, whether there are guarantees of actually seeing any action or not. I`m sure this will be the message that will be relayed to the support when the time comes.
    Without trying to turn this into a season tifket thread, unless there is hope of a return to football next season numbers will be down. We currently have 4 in our family but i can't justify buying 4 tickets next season and may just buy the 1.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Without trying to turn this into a season tifket thread, unless there is hope of a return to football next season numbers will be down. We currently have 4 in our family but i can't justify buying 4 tickets next season and may just buy the 1.
    I just have the one so obviously a huge difference in our predicaments.

When highlighting your ST outlay and with many more in a similar situation, then it is fair to assume that numbers of renewals will drop by a fair number.

Hopefully there will some sort of route-map to stadium return that is clearer when the new ST campaign is rolled out.