hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retweeting a team line isn’t even comparable with this current tripe. He’s not behaving like a ‘reporter’, not like I understand one to work anyway. Did he tweet anything about Hearts when they pumped us out the cup?
    He did indeed tweet at the time congratulating them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Another reason to tell him to GTF, christ they are stacking up now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Another reason to tell him to GTF, christ they are stacking up now.
    Indeed, strangely very quiet on here when he tweeted congratulating Celtic on winning the Scottish cup in December.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Indeed, strangely very quiet on here when he tweeted congratulating Celtic on winning the Scottish cup in December.
    Given who they beat its hardly surprising. I’d imagine 99% of posters on here agreed with him.

I’d tolerated him until now, but after his latest tweet about the sticky buns, get him replaced on Hibs tv. Disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Given who they beat its hardly surprising. I’d imagine 99% of posters on here agreed with him.
    Plenty agree with him if he’d rather Rangers won the league over Celtic this year, doesn’t stop thread after thread about him. If he’s only to tweet about Hibs and not congratulate any other Scottish side then it doesn’t matter the circumstances.

Plenty agree with him if he’d rather Rangers won the league over Celtic this year, doesn’t stop thread after thread about him. If he’s only to tweet about Hibs and not congratulate any other Scottish side then it doesn’t matter the circumstances.
    Maybe things have changed, but in almost 50 years supporting Hibs one constant has been the universal hatred for the Huns and everything they stand for. I do mean hate, not dislike. I will never be happy having one present a Hibs TV show, especially one who is so poor at his role.

I don’t really care what he tweets, I do care that he is a Hun and happily admit to being small minded when it comes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Maybe things have changed, but in almost 50 years supporting Hibs one constant has been the universal hatred for the Huns and everything they stand for. I do mean hate, not dislike. I will never be happy having one present a Hibs TV show, especially one who is so poor at his role.

I don’t really care what he tweets, I do care that he is a Hun and happily admit to being small minded when it comes to them.
    Each to their own, I couldn’t give two hoots about either them or Celtic. Both cheeks of the same arse but what he does in his other jobs outwith Hibs is entirely up to him. Whether he’s ***** in some opinions or not, he’s nothing but professional when presenting.

Each to their own, I couldn’t give two hoots about either them or Celtic. Both cheeks of the same arse but what he does in his other jobs outwith Hibs is entirely up to him. Whether he’s ***** in some opinions or not, he’s nothing but professional when presenting.
    We can agree to disagree. If he was professional he’d do his research before spouting inaccuracies.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Get him to ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He won’t have written that! Someone will have written it for him surely.

I tell you something, there’s maybe a few a bit ambivalent towards what he puts up on social media and put the complaining down to an irrational dislike of Huns....but can you imagine the reaction on here if Hearts were his team and he published guff about them whilst in an active role at Hibs?
    Get him off the telly.
    Iggy, your good pal, who thinks Ron’s generally happy with the Hibs TV stuff , Bright_hibee will be along soon to defend it!

Doesn’t really help that we have our owner overseas (I’m presuming he’s not in Edinburgh), and no CEO in place to run the club here in Edinburgh,

Hibs are not his plaything. He needs to be here, understand our heritage, and not trust employees who are in the door 5 mins, to make decisions on who should present Hibs TV etc

We are a passionate support, and anyone who knows anything about Hibs, will know who we have a dislike for!!!

There’s no way someone like LD would have employed a Rangers supporting presenter to front Hibs TV/Pass, as she understood the support

PS Wonder when he posted in January that he wanted Jack out, was his own views
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 06-03-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Iggy, your good pal, who thinks Ron’s generally happy with the Hibs TV stuff , Bright_hibee will be along soon to defend it!

Doesn’t really help that we have our owner overseas (I’m presuming he’s not in Edinburgh), and no CEO in place to run the club here in Edinburgh,

Hibs are not his plaything. He needs to be here, understand our heritage, and not trust employees who are in the door 5 mins, to make decisions on who should present Hibs TV etc

We are a passionate support, and anyone who knows anything about Hibs, will know who we have a dislike for!!!

There’s no way someone like LD would have employed a Rangers supporting presenter to front Hibs TV/Pass, as she understood the support

PS Wonder when he posted in January that he wanted Jack out, was his own views

I’ve said many times I have no issue with Tanner, but his actions are not going down well with our posters and that’s perfectly understandable
    Dempster herself was a Rangers fan, she was also still at the club when Tanner was given the job, therefore I’d imagine she had a big say in it...

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Get him to **** away from the club. Hun ****.

Get rid now.

Tanner should be out just because he’s crap at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Tanner should be out just because he’s crap at it.

Although once I’m back at the games I won’t give two ***** who presents it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Do you have a link? Indulge my “childishness /lockdown fever” so I can go radge.

And crap. Don’t forget crap.

And crap. Don’t forget crap.
    He shous, gets the players names wrong, has a painted on inane grin, and now congratulating his team on Twitter. We are paying this joker!!!! Get him punted.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    He shous, gets the players names wrong, has a painted on inane grin, and now congratulating his team on Twitter. We are paying this joker!!!! Get him punted.
    Teams Baldy, teams. Sam reckons he does a turn for the Hearts as well. There’s no end to his goodwill.

Teams Baldy, teams. Sam reckons he does a turn for the Hearts as well. There’s no end to his goodwill.
    We won’t have a HibsTv to watch now that Tanner is sacked, McManus to follow for congratulating them, and Stubbs will be banned from any future involvement for the same misdemeanour.

He's starting to irritate me a bit now I have to say.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We won’t have a HibsTv to watch now that Tanner is sacked, McManus to follow for congratulating them, and Stubbs will be banned from any future involvement for the same misdemeanour.
    Sounds about right. You’re coming round at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's starting to irritate me a bit now I have to say.
    I’m starting to feel the same. Defending the indefensible really.

Comes across as a bit of a prick on Twitter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Although once I’m back at the games I won’t give two ***** who presents it.

When we are all back at games I don’t think they will have a presenter? Wasn’t Tanner just brought on due to the increase on people watching the game? Does anyone know what was it before for international Hibs subscribers? Did it just cut straight to cliff at the game a bit like what some other clubs do? No studio build up?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    When we are all back at games I don’t think they will have a presenter? Wasn’t Tanner just brought on due to the increase on people watching the game? Does anyone know what was it before for international Hibs subscribers? Did it just cut straight to cliff at the game a bit like what some other clubs do? No studio build up?
    Like you said. Straight to the match, normally just a minute or two before KO.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Like you said. Straight to the match, normally just a minute or two before KO.
    Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the grounds

Left by mutual consent!
    Chuck him in the bin now please. Can someone not the and get Crusty Puss over in Gorgie to try and poach him?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the grounds
    It would be one way to use the big screen.

As regards Tanner, I don't normally bother with pre-match and half time is when I head for a cup of tea, so his presence has minimal impact on my viewing experience. I just can't get worked up about him either way.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.