hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from when he began his half time summary of the Ross County game a couple of months ago by saying "so far so good for Yogi" when they went in at half time 1-0 up.
    Which any number of pro-Yogi Hibs supporters could have come out with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Sure Aberdeen had Dougie Donnelly can't imagine he is a Dons fan
    Rob McLean hosts Red TV

Coaching Staff
    I'm a wee bit biased because I know him, but Paul Mitchell - even for a Jambo - is superb as both presenter and commentator and is very unbiased in all his work when it comes to football. In all my time knowing him he hasn't ever uttered a jibe or negative word about Hibs either and has an encyclopedic mind when it comes to analysis and commentating.

Terrible footballer mind still thinks he's a striker

I'd give Paul the gig. Tanner is too 'oily' and sycophantic for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Rob McLean hosts Red TV

Ross County fan isn't he?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm a wee bit biased because I know him, but Paul Mitchell - even for a Jambo - is superb as both presenter and commentator and is very unbiased in all his work when it comes to football. In all my time knowing him he hasn't ever uttered a jibe or negative word about Hibs either and has an encyclopedic mind when it comes to analysis and commentating.

Terrible footballer mind still thinks he's a striker

I'd give Paul the gig. Tanner is too 'oily' and sycophantic for me.

A jambo (no matter how professional) would be just wrong......

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This guy is in charge of Hibs TV, guests and all Marketing at Hibs
    Suggest you direct your unhappiness to him, and not Tanner

Greg McEwan
    gmewan@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Do you not think the commercial staff have enough on their plate without posting their email addresses online and asking people to complain to them about David Tanner? He's not my cup of tea, but does an okay job, even if some of his stuff makes my toes curl.

For what it's worth, the marketing and communications has taken an upturn since GM was put in place. I'm a codger so I'm not an expert on social media, but it's good to go on it and see the club bigging up sources of revenue instead of berating them, like the Murder Mystery nights. There's still improvement to be made, but I am hopeful that GM will make them once he sorts out his own team, especially with that recently advertised job heading up that department. A refresh is good to see and hopefully it will lead to a suitably qualified person doing that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Which any number of pro-Yogi Hibs supporters could have come out with.
    I just found it a pretty weird thing for the presenter of a "100% Hibs biased" programme to come out with.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I just found it a pretty weird thing for the presenter of a "100% Hibs biased" programme to come out with.
    Didn't bother me at all. He wouldn't have said it if the opposition manager wasn't someone with very strong Hibs connections. A friend and regular guest of Hibs TV at that.

Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    Of course it should be a Hibs fan fronting up Hibs tv. It’s for Hibs fans, it’s not supposed to be neutral. Does anyone think Rangers tv or Celtic tv would have anyone other than a fan fronting their program. Ridiculous appointment
    Emma Dodds presents RangersTv, is she a Rangers fan? She’s posting congratulations to St Johnstone etc on her Twitter due to her other job with Premier. She even put a tweet out about how great it was seeing Scott Allan back playing. I doubt they really care. Tanner has his place on TalkSPORT as well so it’s obvious why he’d tweet about sides outwith Hibs. He’s only a Hibs member of staff come a Saturday, and even then he does his bit with his Edinburgh football show.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 04-03-2021 at 06:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I don’t get all the fuss around Tanner. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he doesn’t bother me at all, he presents the show, talks pish for a bit and then we watch the game. His role in the grand scheme of things is pretty irrelevant, next season we’ll all be back in the stadium not giving a toss who’s presenting the hibs tv show.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I don’t get all the fuss around Tanner. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he doesn’t bother me at all, he presents the show, talks pish for a bit and then we watch the game. His role in the grand scheme of things is pretty irrelevant, next season we’ll all be back in the stadium not giving a toss who’s presenting the hibs tv show.

ditto

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was one who didn’t really enjoy his presentation at the start of the season and sure I called it a “disgrace” we were employing a Rangers fan to anchor the broadcasts

Through time I’ve actually grown to like him, and he’ll forever be linked to a Hibs now when in the future we reflect back on what has been an extraordinary life experience for us all to live through for a year or so.

Tanner used to "follow follow" the old Rangers club on the Bishopbriggs Loyal supporters club bus so you would expect he is "loyal and true" to the new Rangers club as well.

They have stopped 10 in a row and are undoubtedly Champions elect and he is clearly chuffed.

I don't have any problem with this at all in connection to his weekend job with Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    It’s all the other stuff he shouts about that bugs me. David Tanner TV or whatever, reminding everyone why Rangers are champions and how good the Colombian weirdo is. Turns the stomach really.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It’s all the other stuff he shouts about that bugs me. David Tanner TV or whatever, reminding everyone why Rangers are champions and how good the Colombian weirdo is. Turns the stomach really.

What does the #LIVRAN mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    **** knows. Or the one before it for that matter.
    #Tannersanerse.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Lousy Invertebrated Vile RAN gers

or something like that

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Lennon and Tanner going head to head for most divisive figure of the decade.

Livingston v Rangers.

It's how the media promotes TV games on social media by doing a # then the first three letters of the two teams' names.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Personally think he is fine.

Hibs deciding to employ an obvious current bun to host our in house matchday programme was bizarre.

However, we are a club who still allow journalists to report on pre-match press conferences depsite their newspapers demanding Hibs be awarded with enormous fines and European qualification taken away from us after 21/05/2016.

It is all rather strange but hopefully we can all get back to attending games next season and Tanner can go back to being the no mark that he was last summer.

Livingston v Rangers.

It's how the media promotes TV games on social media by doing a # then the first three letters of the two teams' names.
    Ah, makes sense now. I thought it was maybe some Rangers slogan!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Hibs deciding to employ an obvious current bun to host our in house matchday programme was bizarre.

However, we are a club who still allow journalists to report on pre-match press conferences depsite their newspapers demanding Hibs be awarded with enormous fines and European qualification taken away from us after 21/05/2016.

It is all rather strange but hopefully we can all get back to attending games next season and Tanner can go back to being the no mark that he was last summer.
    Would your opinion be different if he was a Celtic fan? Or an Aberdeen fan? He’s there to present, which he does. If there isn’t any suitable Hibs fans available to the standard the club wanted then should we just not have employed anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Would your opinion be different if he was a Celtic fan? Or an Aberdeen fan? He’s there to present, which he does. If there isn’t any suitable Hibs fans available to the standard the club wanted then should we just not have employed anyone?
    Was there only one candidate for the post? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally think he is fine.
    I think he’s crap and hit mute as soon as his lips move.

Who suggested that? Plenty wanted a Hibs fan, what if there wasn’t a suitable Hibs fan available? Many complaining he’s a Rangers fan, would another clubs fan be ok - Celtic, Aberdeen? And if not, should we just not have anybody/anything?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the job he does for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Who suggested that? Plenty wanted a Hibs fan, what if there wasn’t a suitable Hibs fan available? Many complaining he’s a Rangers fan, would another clubs fan be ok - Celtic, Aberdeen? And if not, should we just not have anybody/anything?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the job he does for us.
    Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
    You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.

First Team Breakthrough
    Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
    You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.
    Do you get offended at our players that support other teams too, or is it exclusively freelance employees? My advice is to grow up and dry your eyes. I'm not a fan of him, but this sort of stuff is over the top. He is clearly not a great presenter, we can see why Sky got rid of him, but he's capable enough for Hibs TV as a season-long stint even if he is a bit too cringe inducing at times for my liking. Him being a Rangers fan has no bearing on my opinion of him. That is playground stuff that you grow out of except for winding up your pals.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Lennon and Tanner going head to head for most divisive figure of the decade.
    Will this be an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch ? “Let’s get it on”

(For avoidance of doubt this is a joke and it was a feature that ran on MTV from memory)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I doubt it very much.

And there is another angle to this - I cant speak for everyone else, but the following is how I now do Hibs tv coverage -

Because Tanner is so crap I only unmute when it switches to Cliff and Tam.

That means I dont get to hear the guests, and I dont listen to the adverts - one means my enjoyment is reduced, and the other means the advertisers are not getting the coverage they are promised.