Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Nailed it I reckon.

8 times?? What are they on?
    Another twice and they would have had their 10 in a row :)
    I’ll get my coat 😁
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think the Sun are reporting what he said on Talk Sport.
    Fair enough. Better just leave HibsTV to be safe anyway.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Aye but the other candidates were a wheelbarrow and a lamppost.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    I still think it was fixed.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I still think it was fixed.
    Yep, just edged it at the interview stage.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    If you believe this place he's hardly welcome at Easter Road either.
    Now now, we just said he was a Cheese Merchant, which no one can deny

@hibs.net private member
    Great article and bang on the money.

It's incredible that Celtic asked Hibs to move their fixture EIGHT times and were KB'd 8 times, but absolutely astonishing that the SPFL then invoked some obscure rule to effectively mandate it. You have to wonder what planet these people live on if they think that is in any way fair or reasonable - and that's WITHOUT taking the Corona factor into consideration.

I have been something of a lockdown skeptic - believing that many of the measures imposed are knee jerk and damaging to individuals and society, with the cure likely to be worse than the illness itself. But even from that standpoint it's obvious that Celtic should not have been going anywhere this January. We, the public, just about need a permit to tie our own shoelaces, never mind flying to Dubai for a jolly. No other teams did a trip and the arrogance of Celtic in planning and going ahead with it despite the situation changing for the worse is almost as stunning as the acquiescence of the SPFL who actively enabled them rather than put a stop on it.

Celtic and the SPFL have endangered the continuance of football in Scotland by their actions and heads should roll at both organisations.

NB - Note to David Tanner - please try being as engaged and cerebral when hosting HibsTV - like try a different opening gambit from "Well all going to plan then ..." when we're trailing a goal at home to Ross County!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Tanner in

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    next time we are due to play Celtic, I Really, Really want us to ask for the match to be moved, because we want to spend a few days in Portobello on a training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    next time we are due to play Celtic, I Really, Really want us to ask for the match to be moved, because we want to spend a few days in Portobello on a training camp.

Spfl have opened themselves up to this happening, not necessarily with us, by allowing this rule has invoking it.

from memory at the time the official word was that in the event of 2 clubs in disagreement about moving a match, preference is given to the home team. So what happens in the future when the home club has a key player or 2 a few days from fitness, or a few days from ending a self isolation period, and requests to change the day of the match?

if a team is struggling at the bottom, or a manager is under a lot of pressure, they’ll try to find every advantage that they can, understandably, seems like a can of worms has been opened

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Spfl have opened themselves up to this happening, not necessarily with us, by allowing this rule has invoking it.

from memory at the time the official word was that in the event of 2 clubs in disagreement about moving a match, preference is given to the home team. So what happens in the future when the home club has a key player or 2 a few days from fitness, or a few days from ending a self isolation period, and requests to change the day of the match?

if a team is struggling at the bottom, or a manager is under a lot of pressure, they’ll try to find every advantage that they can, understandably, seems like a can of worms has been opened
    I doubt it can be done just a few days before the match.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

The SPFL will require a valid reason for the postponement, so most clubs will struggle given that the only valid reasons are being Celtc or being Sevco. I have a vague recollection that one of them got a league game delayed because they had an important European game the previous midweek. Not even the following midweek, the previous one.

it would be interesting if we wanted a game against an Ugly Sister moved back a day or two because Boyle and Irvine were away on international duty.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I doubt it can be done just a few days before the match.
    Livingston Ross county moved at 2 days notice. Doncaster cited this in his interview defending the movement of the Hibs game therefore he’d not have any excuses should a club do the exact same in future.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Better make it Gullane then we can say that the players needed to recover from the journey back to base.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Livingston Ross county moved at 2 days notice. Doncaster cited this in his interview defending the movement of the Hibs game therefore he’d not have any excuses should a club do the exact same in future.
    OK, but was it not just the KO time and not the day that changed? And they surely had a good reason to ask.

I don't think "wanting to piss off Celtic" would count, neither would "giving Scott Allan an extra day to recover".

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That was done sensibly because the forecast for Livingston was -6 on the Saturday but warmer on the Sunday. Game would have been off on the Saturday so made complete sense. Not the same as moving the Celtic game to the Monday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    OK, but was it not just the KO time and not the day that changed? And they surely had a good reason to ask.

I don't think "wanting to piss off Celtic" would count, neither would "giving Scott Allan an extra day to recover".
    They did have a good reason game on the Saturday would have been off due to the weather.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/DavidTannerTV/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Surely we could have found someone Hibs oriented to present the Hibs games, strange tweet for someone on our payroll.

Never been a massive fan tbh and still find it weird we gave him the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post

Surely we could have found someone Hibs oriented to present the Hibs games, strange tweet for someone on our payroll.

Doesn't really bother me to be honest. He's not a Hibs employee and he's never pretended to be a Hibs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Doesn't really bother me to be honest. He's not a Hibs employee and he's never pretended to be a Hibs fan.
    Who pays him for presenting the games then?

I'm genuinely interested to know why we didnt give grant stott the tv job. Professional, knowledgable and a huge fan. He was made for that gig.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

He is a Scottish football commentator, there is nothing wrong n that tweet whatsoever. Should he stop his other job because he has a part time gig every other Saturday at Hibs?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    He is a Scottish football commentator, there is nothing wrong n that tweet whatsoever. Should he stop his other job because he has a part time gig every other Saturday at Hibs?
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I'm genuinely interested to know why we didnt give grant stott the tv job. Professional, knowledgable and a huge fan. He was made for that gig.
    He does a radio show on Saturdays does he not? He will probably be on the list to cover other DJ that call in sick or are off on Holiday.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The tweet doesn't really bother me either but if he's not a Hibs employee then who pays him to appear on Hibs TV?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Grow up
    Only if you promise to as well?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd prefer it if he gave up his part time job at Hibs, or at least did some research about his guests and the club. He's wooden and i really struggle to watch him.

Given who he supports and what little he knows about us, i think he was a bad appointment for the job.

He does a radio show on Saturdays does he not? He will probably be on the list to cover other DJ that call in sick or are off on Holiday.
    Tanner is a football/sport presenter therefore will generally be available for football related stuff, even if match dates/ko times are moved at short notice.

Somebody like Grant Stott who does general entertainment will ordinarily have gigs from a wide variety of sources, the majority of which he'll have to accept as he has to earn a living. I suspect these often irregular gigs will generally pay more than Tanner will have agreed per match for a 20 match (or whatever) deal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd prefer it if he gave up his part time job at Hibs, or at least did some research about his guests and the club. He's wooden and i really struggle to watch him.

Given who he supports and what little he knows about us, i think he was a bad appointment for the job.
    I agree he is not the best choice for the job, it would have been better to have a Hibee in there but there was limited time to find someone and most of the Hibees in the media are really good and have other jobs that would clash with the Hibs gig. The role was made for Grant Stott but you'd assume his other jobs stopped that one.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I agree he is not the best choice for the job, it would have been better to have a Hibee in there but there was limited time to find someone and most of the Hibees in the media are really good and have other jobs that would clash with the Hibs gig. The role was made for Grant Stott but you'd assume his other jobs stopped that one.
    Thats all very good, but they gave the job to a card carrying hun.