hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt it very much.

And there is another angle to this - I cant speak for everyone else, but the following is how I now do Hibs tv coverage -

Because Tanner is so crap I only unmute when it switches to Cliff and Tam.

That means I dont get to hear the guests, and I dont listen to the adverts - one means my enjoyment is reduced, and the other means the advertisers are not getting the coverage they are promised.
    Yep I'm exactly the same. He's annoying in general but as a Hibs presenter he's insufferable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yep I'm exactly the same. He's annoying in general but as a Hibs presenter he's insufferable.
    He comes across as a caricature impersonation of Stanley Baxter. Never mind he is a hun, he is just awful.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Rob McLean hosts Red TV
    Does he thought he did commentary. Definitely saw Dougie hosting one of the games few weeks back think it was Motherwell at home. Maybe Rob was unavailable that week.

He's a terrible presenter and cringe as anything. Seems pretty harmless though and not really worth getting worked up over.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Does he thought he did commentary. Definitely saw Dougie hosting one of the games few weeks back think it was Motherwell at home. Maybe Rob was unavailable that week.
    These guys always seem to just disappear from your TV. There’s very rarely a leaving speech or anything said.

Thought the same when I switched on a game last year on possibly BT or Premier and Jim Rosenthal was presenting.

Have a few “Oh aye, whatever happened to him” moments with football presenters and commentators.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd love us to get Irvine Welsh on every week, with David Icke presenting.

Figures would go through the roof.

@hibs.net private member
    Too many folk bothered by Tanner.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
    You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.
    Spot on

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    Do you get offended at our players that support other teams too, or is it exclusively freelance employees? My advice is to grow up and dry your eyes. I'm not a fan of him, but this sort of stuff is over the top. He is clearly not a great presenter, we can see why Sky got rid of him, but he's capable enough for Hibs TV as a season-long stint even if he is a bit too cringe inducing at times for my liking. Him being a Rangers fan has no bearing on my opinion of him. That is playground stuff that you grow out of except for winding up your pals.
    I’ll take that criticism. It’s unfounded and a tad insulting though so on second thoughts stick it up your arse!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I don’t like him either. I know he might be well known but I think he does a piss poor job and appointing him was a mistake. Can’t believe we couldn’t have found someone more Hibs minded. Even Tam McManus would have been a better option imo.

Then add into it that Tanner is a dirty Hun.
    And Tams a soapdodger, what's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm a wee bit biased because I know him, but Paul Mitchell - even for a Jambo - is superb as both presenter and commentator and is very unbiased in all his work when it comes to football. In all my time knowing him he hasn't ever uttered a jibe or negative word about Hibs either and has an encyclopedic mind when it comes to analysis and commentating.

Terrible footballer mind still thinks he's a striker

I'd give Paul the gig. Tanner is too 'oily' and sycophantic for me.
    Tanner is a decent guy as well, met him a few times has a good laugh, I reall y don't see the problem with him like most on here.

He should get Mr Riordan on the show for our home games, but our fans would probably moan about him as well, ffs we could have Pat Stanton on and some of our fan base would moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Hibs deciding to employ an obvious current bun to host our in house matchday programme was bizarre.

However, we are a club who still allow journalists to report on pre-match press conferences depsite their newspapers demanding Hibs be awarded with enormous fines and European qualification taken away from us after 21/05/2016.

It is all rather strange but hopefully we can all get back to attending games next season and Tanner can go back to being the no mark that he was last summer.
    Should Hibs have employed season ticket holding Leeann Dempster to take charge of our club, what were folk thinking hiring someone like that "a Hun" to run our club, never spoke out against them when she had the chance and when the new club win the league I'm sure she will tweet her delight that they are champions.

This is all getting silly about someone who does Hibs tv.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Should Hibs have employed season ticket holding Leeann Dempster to take charge of our club, what were folk thinking hiring someone like that "a Hun" to run our club, never spoke out against them when she had the chance and when the new club win the league I'm sure she will tweet her delight that they are champions.

This is all getting silly about someone who does Hibs tv.
    No sign of them inviting Derek on Silv? He would be an interesting guest.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And Tams a soapdodger, what's worse.
    Both as bad as each other for me, the difference is Tam is an ex player and clearly has affection for us.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    No sign of them inviting Derek on Silv? He would be an interesting guest.
    Don't know who does the inviting Scoops, Hibs or Tom Cruise but no, no invitation so far.

@hibs.net private member
    You can tell things are going OK when we have pages on the host of our TV coverage ....

Let’s hope it remains a top issue all season !

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I doubt it very much.

And there is another angle to this - I cant speak for everyone else, but the following is how I now do Hibs tv coverage -

Because Tanner is so crap I only unmute when it switches to Cliff and Tam.

That means I dont get to hear the guests, and I dont listen to the adverts - one means my enjoyment is reduced, and the other means the advertisers are not getting the coverage they are promised.
    Why would you not just turn it on at 3pm?

First Team Breakthrough
    I’ll take that criticism. It’s unfounded and a tad insulting though so on second thoughts stick it up your arse!
    Your response confirms that you are immature and it's not the first time either. Definitely one of the most irate posters here over trivial things.

Again, do you have any issues with players that play for Hibs, or managers too, that support clubs that aren't Hibs? If the answer is no, then what is the difference between them and a freelance TV presenter?

Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
    You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.
    I never suggested that at all. The argument was that we should have a Hibs fan presenting, my point was what if there were none available or suitable, should we not have anything? Folk can shout Grant Stott til the cows come home, facts are he makes far more money doing far more other things than present HibsTv for 2 hours a week.

The fact Tanner is in the job tells me he was the best available, that’s normally how jobs work. He’s also got a fairly large social media network which means when he promotes the channel it reaches a fair distance.

The relevance is everyone going on about his tweets regarding Rangers and I was curious as to what their thoughts would be had he been a Celtic or Aberdeen fan. So we can only have a Hibs presenter, even if there were no suitable candidates. Gottcha.

Tanner

For me his voice [Tanner] reminds me of boring Sundays so I cant say its popular for me but he's doing a job he's paid to do and there are others who would be worse. I can't stand (and I mean CAN NOT STAND) Grant Stott - his voice - his face - his radio show- everything, in fact his ONLY two redeeming features are he's a Hibby and he's John Leslies brother. I would rather have John Leslie than him (yes despite everything he's been accused of) Tanner has a boring voice and nothing really to get people excited but he does know football and football people so his profile does lift the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    Your response confirms that you are immature and it's not the first time either. Definitely one of the most irate posters here over trivial things.

Again, do you have any issues with players that play for Hibs, or managers too, that support clubs that aren't Hibs? If the answer is no, then what is the difference between them and a freelance TV presenter?
    Im not finding this any more trivial than the temperature of the pies.
    I do have an issue with any one at Hibs, any pay level, on any arrangement, that chooses to triumph online, regularly, about one of our rivals.
    And, I find him cheesy and irritating regardless of his allegiance - for a TV presenter that’s not usually a good thing.
    I’m not irate in the slightest, but you my man, appear condescending to a fault, twice now, even though I have no recollection of any discussion with you on any subject before now. I think you’re at it and seeking to provoke a reaction. Best leave your opinion of me at that before one of us says something here that one might not say close up and in the real world, and that might cause an interesting thread to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Why would you not just turn it on at 3pm?
    This. Personally can't be bothered with the build up. Same as going to the football (remember that?). In or on for 3pm will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This. Personally can't be bothered with the build up. Same as going to the football (remember that?). In or on for 3pm will do me.

Same here.

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about a TV presenter, but it's coming over as a few people letting their hatred of all things Sticky Bun get the better of them.

I never suggested that at all. The argument was that we should have a Hibs fan presenting, my point was what if there were none available or suitable, should we not have anything? Folk can shout Grant Stott til the cows come home, facts are he makes far more money doing far more other things than present HibsTv for 2 hours a week.

The fact Tanner is in the job tells me he was the best available, that’s normally how jobs work. He’s also got a fairly large social media network which means when he promotes the channel it reaches a fair distance.

The relevance is everyone going on about his tweets regarding Rangers and I was curious as to what their thoughts would be had he been a Celtic or Aberdeen fan. So we can only have a Hibs presenter, even if there were no suitable candidates. Gottcha.
    That’s not what I’m saying at all and you know this. Just a presenter that’s good (I never said anything about Grant Stott, not a fan) and not a bit of a twat. Even before he came to Hibs I found him unbearable as Sky’s Scottish correspondent. Better still give us a presenter that doesn’t forget which side he’s batting for. Not too much to ask. I wonder if when all this is done we will have anyone fronting it at all, he’s getting money for old rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Same here.

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about a TV presenter, but it's coming over as a few people letting their hatred of all things Sticky Bun get the better of them.
    That’s only part of it for me. I can’t suffer the man and it gets worse every week.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    That’s only part of it for me. I can’t suffer the man and it gets worse every week.
    Pretty much where I’m at. For a so called professional at times he’s anything but and his ignorance of Hibs shows at times. The fact he is a Hun only adds to it, but I had the same opinion of him regardless of who he supports.

Don’t know why we didn’t consider Kenny Millar.

That’s not what I’m saying at all and you know this. Just a presenter that’s good (I never said anything about Grant Stott, not a fan) and not a bit of a twat. Even before he came to Hibs I found him unbearable as Sky’s Scottish correspondent. Better still give us a presenter that doesn’t forget which side he’s batting for. Not too much to ask. I wonder if when all this is done we will have anyone fronting it at all, he’s getting money for old rope.
    What’s not? Your not saying it should be a Hibs fan and no one else? You said you’d be the same if it was a Celtic or Aberdeen or any other fan therefore it would have to be a Hibs fan. Likelihood is there was no one suitable otherwise the club would have got them. He champions the whole of Scottish football online, that’s his job the other 6 days, just so happens one club are better than every other. Come a Saturday he fronts our tv show and doesn’t champion the rest of the league.

It’s not healthy to hate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Same here.

That’s exactly what it is, although folk won’t admit it.

What’s not? Your not saying it should be a Hibs fan and no one else? You said you’d be the same if it was a Celtic or Aberdeen or any other fan therefore it would have to be a Hibs fan. Likelihood is there was no one suitable otherwise the club would have got them. He champions the whole of Scottish football online, that’s his job the other 6 days, just so happens one club are better than every other. Come a Saturday he fronts our tv show and doesn’t champion the rest of the league.

It’s not healthy to hate so much.
    Now. I never said anything of the sort. You brought the allegiances of these other sides into it, not me. I expressed disdain at Tanner trumpeting about Rangers and I reserve the absolute right to do as a card-carrying Hibby. There really are not many of us who have much time for them or his adoration of Alfredo Morelos, a clearly despicable wee man.
    I suggested that fans of other clubs could do one just the same if it came to it after you mentioned Celtic and Aberdeen. Irrelevant then and irrelevant now.
    Tanner or anyone else for that matter are quite welcome to support whatever club they choose as long as they can shut ****ing up about it while taking a retainer from the Hibs. That’s my opinion.
    I also think he is utterly, utterly crap at what presenting he does and I am healthy in my dislike, thanks.