hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: David Tanner

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the grounds
    I wouldn't be that fussed to be honest. Even now I only watch if I don't have anything else to do (eg. around the house) and half the time I only start watching just before KO.

Once things are back to normal I'd rather see more content during the week. When Andrew Sleight was there we used to get some very good interviews and then Tom Zanelli brought us some brilliant fun stuff.

A mixture of both would be ideal IMO.

In saying that, the recast deal might see more and different content, although unfortunately it isn't available overseas.

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He is an awful host and has made watching from home even more gruesome at times. He is clearly a Rangers fan and tbh, adding it all together I cannot fathom why he was approached to host the show. Surely there are Hibs supporters in the media business beyond Stott.

He’ll be here the rest of the season but I want to see him out after that. He adds 0 excitement and thinks he is funny.

On a similar note, I don’t think Hibs have done a great job with our virtual season tickets. Very poor value for money. Very few videos and interviews etc. and HibsTV has been pretty dire with Tanner and McManus’ routine negative comments (although normally correct).

Great effort from the support with the podcasts etc. though which have been very welcome.

Is Barrie Wilkins latest tweet aimed at Tanner?

A few people seem to have taken it that way but I'm not so sure.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The voice of Radio v The face of Hibs TV. Buckled in for this Twitter beef

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Barrie should have been our man from the get go. Bleeds green and has good relationships with daz etc knows how to do half time stuff with promotional sponsors.

Seems such a obvious choice now

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    The voice of Radio v The face of Hibs TV. Buckled in for this Twitter beef
    Back Barrie any day of the week. Hes hibs through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Back Barrie any day of the week. Hes hibs through and through.
    I think he's very like Tanner (style wise) from what I've seen- without being a Hun obviously. Sure we could do better.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I think he's very like Tanner (style wise) from what I've seen- without being a Hun obviously. Sure we could do better.
    I see what you’re saying to be honest but I’ve known him for a long long time and he’s hibs. He’s living a dream in his job. Tanners a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGog View Post
    Barrie should have been our man from the get go. Bleeds green and has good relationships with daz etc knows how to do half time stuff with promotional sponsors.

Seems such a obvious choice now
    Isn’t he the stadium announcer? If so, he can’t do both jobs. He’s still doing his announcing now.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    If you think about it we have 2-3 home games this season, can’t see them replacing Tanner between now and then but fingers crossed they look at the fans feedback and if it’s required we can get someone new in for next season

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Tanner’s not really the stereotypical Hun I tend to dislike. Put him in a similar bracket to Graham Spiers as one who is unlikely to be giving it the Billy Boys, Rule Britannia etc.

Can’t say I’m that offended by his congratulatory tweet despite feeling that I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Tanner’s not really the stereotypical Hun I tend to dislike. Put him in a similar bracket to Graham Spiers as one who is unlikely to be giving it the Billy Boys, Rule Britannia etc.

Can’t say I’m that offended by his congratulatory tweet despite feeling that I should.
    Same for me.

I also find some of the stuff that's been posted pretty disgusting.

Hibs class my arse!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

There's so much in this world to be pissed off about, a Rangers fan tweeting they've won the title is something I couldn't give a flying **** about, club employee or not. Same with Josh Taylor, who cares?

Exactly, if he’s there he’s there, if he’s not he’s not, I really couldn’t care less what team folk support, everyone’s taken at face value and Tanner’s certainly not done anything to offend me.

Would I rather a Hibs fan with Hibs knowledge, absolutely, if that’s not possible then am I bothered about who it is? Absolutely not.

I think people are more annoyed about his apologist attitude towards the Rangers fans gathering en masse during a pandemic, especially in contrast to the statements he came out with when Celtic fans did a similar thing on a smaller scale. That's certainly the element I care about. I think his tweet was stupid, hypocritical, and irresponsible.

Personally couldn't give a toss about a Rangers fan and sports broadcaster congratulating the team that won the title.

Get Tanner away to ****

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Same for me.

Hibs class my arse!
    There’s more than a few disgusting things occurred over the weekend but nothing on this thread is any of them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    There’s more than a few disgusting things occurred over the weekend but nothing on this thread is any of them.
    Thread hijack but loved your post on John Doolan Iggy - strangely enough I always enjoy and look out for your posts.

If you ever do get tickets for Accrington Stanley, give us a bell reminded me of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4

Which further reminded me of the time I shared a bizarre conversation about the benefits of astro turf pitches with Ian Rush whilst having a call of nature break in the less then salubrious surroundings of the gents at Mood at the Omni many years ago

Each to their own.

Coaching Staff
    Each to their own.
    You're a good poster Peeve, some I agree with (in the main), some have me baffled, but enjoy reading your outlook on things.

Do you not think it's a bit baffling he (Tanner) came out and condemned Celtic fans this season for turning up in large gatherings to have a go at Lennon, yet seems to brush off yesterday (and today's) antics by The Rangers fans as 'no sharks got harmed' ?

Also - not sure I want someone connected with Hibs, albeit through circumstance and the club's decision to appoint him (as the face of Hibs TV), being so partisan about another club's success. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Thread hijack but loved your post on John Doolan Iggy - strangely enough I always enjoy and look out for your posts.

If you ever do get tickets for Accrington Stanley, give us a bell reminded me of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4

Which further reminded me of the time I shared a bizarre conversation about the benefits of astro turf pitches with Ian Rush whilst having a call of nature break in the less then salubrious surroundings of the gents at Mood at the Omni many years ago
    The Mrs and I chanced upon the game. It was v Lincoln and I was working down there the weekend.
    He was putting the team through their paces pre-match and I made my way down the front and shouted him over. He spent a good 5 mins talking about the Hibs, posed for a photo, gave me his number and insisted I got in touch when I was down again. Top man.
    I text him only yesterday him to tell him there was a Hun at the helm of HibsTV
    Thread double hijacked.

Coaching Staff
    The Mrs and I chanced upon the game. It was v Lincoln and I was working down there the weekend.
    He was putting the team through their paces pre-match and I made my way down the front and shouted him over. He spent a good 5 mins talking about the Hibs, posed for a photo, gave me his number and insisted I got in touch when I was down again. Top man.
    I text him only yesterday him to tell him there was a Hun at the helm of HibsTV
    Thread double hijacked.
    Yer a legend

Still recall the Tollcross chat ages ago stay safe my friend, and keep posting yer musings on life

Yer a legend

Still recall the Tollcross chat ages ago stay safe my friend, and keep posting yer musings on life
    Look up the Paninaro mag thread.
    We are not alone it seems in out Tollcross thoughts.

TCR!

Coaching Staff
    Look up the Paninaro mag thread.
    We are not alone it seems in out Tollcross thoughts.

TCR!

Don't, I'm tearing up remembering Coasters, Tokyo Joe's, and my first introduction to Yogi at the Hooch still hanker for Goldbergs rising from the ashes like a glorious Edinburgh phoenix from the flames........the flames being provided by Tokyo Joe's

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Same for me.

Hibs class my arse!
    Same. I have nothing against Tanner; he seems a nice enough bloke, and I think he's okay as a broadcaster.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

You're a good poster Peeve, some I agree with (in the main), some have me baffled, but enjoy reading your outlook on things.

Do you not think it's a bit baffling he (Tanner) came out and condemned Celtic fans this season for turning up in large gatherings to have a go at Lennon, yet seems to brush off yesterday (and today's) antics by The Rangers fans as 'no sharks got harmed' ?

Also - not sure I want someone connected with Hibs, albeit through circumstance and the club's decision to appoint him (as the face of Hibs TV), being so partisan about another club's success. Just my humble opinion.
    TBH, outwith what he does for Hibs TV, I'm not interested enough in what he has to say to seek out what he's tweeting or whatever.

I haven't commented at all on the hun celebrations yesterday as I haven't checked out what went on and, to be honest, I'm not that interested.

The fact that Tanner's a hun isn't ideal but it doesn't bother me more than that. I can live with "the match" and I've also listened to his podcast a couple of times, including the Budgie interviews. I think he genuinely has a wee soft spot for Hibs.

It's the "Tanner's a ****" stuff that I don't like at all. There are a fair number of ****s in the public eye and personally I don't think Tanner's one of them.

Coaching Staff
    TBH, outwith what he does for Hibs TV, I'm not interested enough in what he has to say to seek out what he's tweeting or whatever.

I haven't commented at all on the hun celebrations yesterday as I haven't checked out what went on and, to be honest, I'm not that interested.

The fact that Tanner's a hun isn't ideal but it doesn't bother me more than that. I can live with "the match" and I've also listened to his podcast a couple of times, including the Budgie interviews. I think he genuinely has a wee soft spot for Hibs.

It's the "Tanner's a ****" stuff that I don't like at all. There are a fair number of ****s in the public eye and personally I don't think Tanner's one of them.
    Fair enough he's been in the TV game a long time and has that almost 'anglofied' approach to presenting - no doubt he is professional and polished at what he does, can't disagree that he is good at what he does (at presenting). And in Covid times, a gig is a gig.

I just find his social media content as almost being a 'come and get me' plea, and when he is being paid by Hibs, he should be a bit more reserved in his postings.

His podcasts with Deek and Colin Cameron are good have to say - far better than what he does on Hibs TV. Derek is brilliant on them, as is Cameron to be fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just resigned citing abuse from Hibs fans whilst walking his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    It was done on a fake twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Where are you seeing that?