hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    We have one of the most instantly recognisable kits in world football and as such should always be in it if there is no colour clash.

That and our yellow kits are always stinking, I really don’t like them.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Green with white sleeves every time for me.

Don't mind the yellow third kit this season on the players, but it's not something I'd ever wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's a fair enough comment, as a lot of people said that at the time. I think in general, though, a blue strip doesn't clash with Hibs' home shirt.

Imagine being someone that had blue/green colour blindness in the days before strict segregation and trying to go in the right end at an Old Firm game....
    There's a Billy Connolly story about that, without the colour blindness.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I remember hearing a few seasons back that the players preferred playing in that luminous yellow kit we had as it was easier to pick out. I do like a yellow hibs kit but not a fan of this season's effort I have to say.

I wonder who makes the final call on what strip we should wear for each game? Couldn't care what we wear so long as we win!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    I remember hearing a few seasons back that the players preferred playing in that luminous yellow kit we had as it was easier to pick out. I do like a yellow hibs kit but not a fan of this season's effort I have to say.

I wonder who makes the final call on what strip we should wear for each game? Couldn't care what we wear so long as we win!

Im the opposite of that. Generally not a fan of yellow kits but like our strip this season ........ because my name's on it.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    completely agree, good post.

If we can wear green, which we have in the last 2 semi finals vs them, then that's what we should wear.

I don't mind wearing a 2nd or 3rd strip randomly away to Motherwell or whatever but in big game like derbies, semi finals and finals we should always be in green when it's possible.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think it’s time we just always have a yellow second strip. The last few away strips must be the most under worn strips in our history. Have we even worn the away strip this season?

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    All green on Saturday with green shorts would be my shout. Think St Johnstone have white shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think it’s time we just always have a yellow second strip. The last few away strips must be the most under worn strips in our history. Have we even worn the away strip this season?
    Celtic away earlier in the season is the only time I can recall.

Think the keeper has worn it more than anyone else.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    no! Purple!

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    All green on Saturday with green shorts would be my shout. Think St Johnstone have white shorts.
    Bring back the green shorts! Loved our kit in the 2007 league cup winning season.

Also, is it just me or do our home kits with Macron look less 'Hibs green' than normal. Our kits with Le Coq Sportif always looked emerald, last couple of seasons looks a lot lighter, especially under the lights 🤔 maybe my eyes

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Love to see the boys run out in the green & white, to me this means Hibs. Always have a feeling of disappointment when we run out in some other colour, especially when there is no need.💚💚