hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Andy Gray

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Andy Gray

Sad to here he’s passed away. I remember him from things liked Naked Video and City Lights, I actually met him a couple of times, 61 is no age at all. RIP.
    https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/ar...s-away-3104398

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad to here he’s passed away. I remember him from things liked Naked Video and City Lights, I actually met him a couple of times, 61 is no age at all. RIP.
    https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/ar...s-away-3104398
    Was he not a hibs fan too?

RIP in any case.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Was he not a hibs fan too?

RIP in any case.
    I’m not sure, but it was after games in Leith I met him.

United we stand here....

RIP Andy.
    Sure I read he’d been ill for a while. Missed the 2018/2019 panto run at The Kings Theatre with Grant Stott & Allan Stewart. A sad loss to the Scottish comedy acting scene.
    Last edited by hibby6270; 18-01-2021 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Correction to years.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Genuinely nice guy and a big mate of Grant Stotts.
    Seen him live a few times and met him once, he came in to Henricks bar next to the Kings, it's a wee bar and it was standing room only at the bar, so there the 4 of us stood. In comes big Andy, there was an area reserved for production staff from a show at the Kings, he beckoned us over and asked if we were in for long, we said we'd planned to be out for a few but with the lack of seats we were going to move on. Andy would have none of it, told us to sit down as most of the crew "probably wouldn't turn up"! We had a great night and he wasn't shy in getting a round in although he wouldn't take one off us (he stuck to his wine).
    Truth be told, he came across a bit posher than expected, but I suppose that's the sign of a good character actor.
    Rest easy, Chancer!

He was a fixture of the panto for years and the trio of him, Grant Stott and Allan Stewart were brilliant at it.

I used to watch repeats of City Lights on BBC at about 3am when I got home from nights out in the mid 00s. Sad to think that so many of the main character are no longer with us.

It was a real golden age of Scottish comedy when you think about it.

RIP.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    I don't know who he supported but he - and a couple of others from the City Lights cast - were sat near me at the Uher Hall for the original Hands off Hibs rally. I always had a lot of time for him after that. RIP

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    I don't know who he supported but he - and a couple of others from the City Lights cast - were sat near me at the Uher Hall for the original Hands off Hibs rally. I always had a lot of time for him after that. RIP
    People always thought he was Glaswegian because of his TV characters and was often asked which of the uglies he supported, but being from Perth he was a St Johnstone fan. It was in his Scotsman obituary.