hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Left by mutual consent!
    No doubt it was a great 3 points and result but surely no one can be happy with the style of play we are watching.

It's not enjoyable in the slightest, very poor

2. Log in to remove the advert

As always, the result is the main thing. Thought that was pretty grim viewing today but we won so I’m happy enough.

I also thought Killie were dreadful, as most of the teams in the league are this year. I think that’s my frustration with some of the performances, I think we should be doing better given what we’re playing against. But I’ll take that result.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately I missed the game due to work. How did Irvine play?

Good win 😃
    Unfortunately he missed most of the game as well, not surprising as he hasn't played for 10 months.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    must admit i was rather taken aback that jackson irvine was even starting todays game, sure it's approx 7 months since last competitive game

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    must admit i was rather taken aback that jackson irvine was even starting todays game
    Probably wouldn’t have, if Newell was fit, but he got precious minutes under his belt, which should help him and Hibs greatly

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How the hell can such a crap manager as Yogi beat Aberdeen 4-1?
    That and Livi drawing with Celtic puts our results in a slightly different light. We should have enough in our team to beat them but these two teams have the bit between their teeth right now.

Three points for ourselves and up to third. Some good players to come back from injury and a couple of weeks for the new guys to settle in. It's not a terrible time to support Hibs.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Probably wouldn’t have, if Newell was fit, but he got precious minutes under his belt, which should help him and Hibs greatly

probably a starter for next week now
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 16-01-2021 at 05:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    probably a definite starter for next week now
    Jack has got a few decisions to make, particularly if Newell is fit!

Och the pitch was crap and the fitbaw was really crap. It's the middle of January fitbaw usually is crap right now so throw in the rest of the issues about the now and its bound to be crap
    3 points and Aberdeen dropped 3 points so it's a huge gain

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    When we're in the stadium, yes the style of football does matter. Until then, not so much
    Confused by this argument

Defensive display

I think many supporters may be missing the point; it was always going to be a tactical battle. To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed today's game. There were some really good contests; Gogic in particular put in a great shift and his goal was superbly taken. Hanlon and Doig were outstanding. Our new keeper had a decent game and he is obviously still settling but, nevertheless, he kept a clean sheet. Porteous was immense. Basically our defence won us the game and our attacking midfielders and forwards kept the killie defence pretty busy. I think that, if we had played it differently, we might not have got the result.

I note that some people seem to dismiss many of the teams we play as not being very good, which is simply wrong, there are no easy games; today's result was well earned.

Going to be interesting to see how we line up when we have Newell, Allan and Magennis fit.

Add to that we are still hopeful of doing some business this window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great three points today.

Well done Hibernian

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Well earned 3 points
    The pitch didn’t help the spectacle but 2nd half performance in particular was well drilled and carried threat. Defence sound - particularly Doig and Porteous. Doig always thinks about going forward and puts in good crosses.

Gogic, for all the bad views he gets on here, was MotM and did exactly what he was bought for. Tackled, hassled, fouled when he had to and generally covered good ground to break up play and stopped Killie dominating midfield ( where they are usually strong)

Good to see Irvine and Cadden get game time and we now have stronger bench options

Lots to be positive about today

@hibs.net private member
    Hard earned 3 points on a terrible pitch . Ground it out, deserved the win and should give the team a lift for the semi final

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Confused by this argument
    My argument is that the poor style of play patter is exacerbated by the fact we’re all stuck at home watching it on the TV, with the team playing in front of empty stands. It’s incomparable to normal times, even our best performances this season have felt boring

Left by mutual consent!
    3 points all that mattered today given recent form and new guys got a run out too. Move on to next game.

As long as we win next week it really doesn't matter what it looks like.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    I think many supporters may be missing the point; it was always going to be a tactical battle. To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed today's game. There were some really good contests; Gogic in particular put in a great shift and his goal was superbly taken. Hanlon and Doig were outstanding. Our new keeper had a decent game and he is obviously still settling but, nevertheless, he kept a clean sheet. Porteous was immense. Basically our defence won us the game and our attacking midfielders and forwards kept the killie defence pretty busy. I think that, if we had played it differently, we might not have got the result.

I note that some people seem to dismiss many of the teams we play as not being very good, which is simply wrong, there are no easy games; today's result was well earned.
    Good assessment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I didn’t see today as a tactical battle. A battle, yes, but not a tactical one.

I thought Kilmarnock were really poor and offered little going forward. We were well worth our win and our better players were the defensive ones. Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy were all pretty poor IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good assessment.
    Agree 100% with this also. Very positive that we grind out a 2-0 against a well set-up side who it’s always tight against.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I didn’t see today as a tactical battle. A battle, yes, but not a tactical one.

I thought Kilmarnock were really poor and offered little going forward. We were well worth our win and our better players were the defensive ones. Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy were all pretty poor IMO.
    That’s what made it a tactical battle. Killie were very compact. Their wide players were very defensive. We found it very difficult to break them down. A good tactical battle.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    No doubt it was a great 3 points and result but surely no one can be happy with the style of play we are watching.

It's not enjoyable in the slightest, very poor
    I enjoy every game we win . Nothing worse than playing fantastic and losing .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I enjoy every game we win . Nothing worse than playing fantastic and losing .
    Surley the definition of "Hibsed it"

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar

It's hilarious, teams like St Mirren are branded ***** on this board but when players like Paul mcginn come on board there's lots of shocked posters at his quality.