hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me that thinks it’s odd to have a thread about Celtic marked as an ‘announcement’ on a Hibs board?
    No you aren’t alone.

Reading the subject field I was curious as to who this chap was that was leaving Hibs for Celtic called Howe and what board changes were afoot at Hibs!!

Should have been marked NHC

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Spent a huge amount of money at Bournemouth for very little in return. Often overlooked due to the small size of the club. They outspent Liverpool over four or five years. Not sure the 'win every week' demand of managing Celtic would suit him.
    Last edited by Baader; 17-01-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    No you aren’t alone.

Reading the subject field I was curious as to who this chap was that was leaving Hibs for Celtic called Howe and what board changes were afoot at Hibs!!

Should have been marked NHC
    Can’t it be amended?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Can’t it be amended?
    Done.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Biggest worry for me is celtic will be looking at a new spine as part of this summer's rebuild

Marciano, porteous, Newell and Nisbet would improve them massively...

Don't think Howe is a good fit. Bournemouth always the underdogs and always up against it whereas Celtic are expected to win every game. Time will tell.

Seems like one of those which could go either way. I think the points raised about his dismal transfer record would be raising massive red flags for me, but who knows...

Either way I hope if he does sign for them he flops big time leaving 2nd open for Hibs to claim, we can dream

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    He done really well at Bournemouth but most of his success was down to the players that went on the journey from the third tier to the Premier with him. Superb achievement. However his record in the transfer market once being allowed to spend money was horrendous, most big money signings flopped big time.
    Tbh, they spent silly money to get promoted in the first place. The plucky little Bournemouth narrative was pish

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Tbh, they spent silly money to get promoted in the first place. The plucky little Bournemouth narrative was pish
    Actually that's a good point.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    There’s a question mark over whether he can do it anywhere other than Bournemouth. He did leave there to manage Burnley briefly and it did not go well.

He’s also never won a big trophy. Rodgers had a much better cv when he came to Scotland. It would be a risk for sure.
    There's a rich history of managers and clubs not working out but still being great managers elsewhere. Levein at Hearts, Leicester, Dundee United & Hearts - actually that's a terrible comparison...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Agreed but many think Celtic are a huge club globally. They wanted Pochettino, Mourinho ect in years gone by.
    This is my favorite argument with my hard of thinking old firm pals

Man utd Liverpool arsenal have global appeal merchindising all over the world and huge fan clubs etc

Old firm don't have global Appeal they interest lots of ex pat communities living around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Don't think Howe is a good fit. Bournemouth always the underdogs and always up against it whereas Celtic are expected to win every game. Time will tell.
    Celtic will not be as bad as they are this season again next year. If we have any hope of finishing 2nd it will be this season and even then I'd say that's highly unlikely.