hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think due to the nature of this season, promotion and relegation should be denied over all leagues which are not elite level.

Allow the big teams in the big league to have their trophies and European tours in the summer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Kickback is great entertainment at the moment. Surely they must see the potential of voting for null and void. In 80 years time they will be able to boast how Hearts saved the UK from a pandemic.

Testimonial Due
    As millions die and hundreds of millions starve because of the pandemic, the only thought on people's minds is will the championship in Scotland be abandoned.

Statement from Budge and co threatening legal action at the disproportionate way the SPFL have disproportionately disadvantaged them once again when no club should be disproportionately disadvantaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As millions die and hundreds of millions starve because of the pandemic, the only thought on people's minds is will the championship in Scotland be abandoned.
    Thats an unfair comment. I suspect this is far from the only thought on people’s minds. All I really see on this thread is folk having a bit of a laugh at our rivals expense. Think you’ve misinterpreted a bit.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It's a football forum. Hardly a shock that ongoings within football are going to be discussed.

Drivel.

Behave man.

@hibs.net private member
    See my post earlier this week about extremism on this forum. What do you hope to gain from this type of post? If it’s a genuine call for help because of you current emotional mindset I want you to know I’m only at the end of a PM.

People are going to talk about football on a football forum to be fair

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The covid police have arrived.
    How do you know it’s the only thought on people’s mind? Every now and then one of these comments pop up trying to make everyone feel guilty for having a bit of fun on a football forum.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We’re in a European position and in the semi final of a cup and some of our fans want ‘null and void.’

It’s staggering how many of our fans always seem to fall on the side of ‘what’s best for Celtic’

It’s staggering how many of our fans jump to the wrong conclusion.

You might want to retract your silly wee dig.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Think you're looking for covid.net

Other things will be discussed on here by people who have probably already spent enough of their week thinking about covid

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yes. Can't call Championship with promotion/relegation but continue Premiership. If ending Championship now but continuing Premiership then it has to be no promotions or relegations but can give out prize money based on current places.
    I don't have a problem with Hearts being promoted based on current position but I don't think it's right for clubs to go down on so few games.

If we finish the prem I don't have a problem with the bottom team going down and Hearts going up.

Edit: Although I do see the problem that gives in terms of being perceived to favour the 'big' teams. A competent governing body would have set all the permutations out in advance.

Do you think it will be abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

Edit: Although I do see the problem that gives in terms of being perceived to favour the 'big' teams. A competent governing body would have set all the permutations out in advance.
    Bingo. There was always a chance that this season wouldn't run smoothly. Contingency plans should have been made and publicised so that no one can call foul or say they weren't told if we can't complete the season.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Ironic that their supposed "friends" Inverness have turned out to be the club calling for the suspension.

I can see the logic and precedent of calling the season if 75% of games have been played in the Premier League and that may well be the outcome for us, but given that the Championship has already been curtailed to 75% from the outset, surely they will have to complete their full program of 27 games or else null and void is the only option down there?

Left by mutual consent!
    Hope you're OK there friend. Sound like you're suffering.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I don't have a problem with Hearts being promoted based on current position but I don't think it's right for clubs to go down on so few games.

If we finish the prem I don't have a problem with the bottom team going down and Hearts going up.

Cant happen automatically (even if that would be neater).

Thing is, the SPFL knew they couldnt foresee every eventuality - hence they asked in Oct for the clubs to give them carte blanche to make decisions without having to get a full vote on every nut and bolt.

Too many clubs were unhappy with that (and its nailed on that our pink chums were one of them) so we are broadly back in the same situation we were last summer.

Thats on the clubs, not the SPFL exec.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Even on this board you can see that's not the case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What an utterly moronic comment

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    It might mean no Scottish Cup this year. I'm out.
    With the lower leagues suspended at the moment then there is every chance Scottish cup will be cancelled, hopefully not.
    We have a got a chance to win what may be the only tournament to complete this season

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    What an utterly moronic comment
    To put a wee bit of perspective...

Despite the name FH like me has relatives in Brazil.

The situation there is tragic - people dying in Manaus run of oxygen due to the ineptitude of their deranged right wing president.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

If the Scottish Cup is cancelled this season, I assume 3rd place would get the Europa League 3rd qualifying round with 4th and 5th place getting Europe League conference 2nd qualifying round?

I think the competition will be completed anyway but it would be a bigger reward for finishing 3rd if it did work out that way.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Thoughts I’ve had so far today -

Morretti or Staropramen for this afternoons game? Local supermarket has good offers on both.

Will I manage to get round the ‘one visit per day’ restrictions at the local tip if I wear change hats and jacket for a double visit?

Beef or chicken to put in slow cooker for tonight’s dinner?

Will the championship be abandoned?

Where did I leave my daughters dance shoes?

Will any of our new recruits start today?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Morretti or Staropramen for this afternoons game? Local supermarket has good offers on both.

Will I manage to get round the ‘one visit per day’ restrictions at the local tip if I wear change hats and jacket for a double visit?

Will we beat the first man from a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Leaving the childish aspect of this thread aside.

Must be Arbroath or Alloa not wanting to spend money on testing.
    Hearts and Dunfermline won't want to stop.
    Don't know about the rest.
    Would damage their TV contract with the BBC which must be worth a few quid to each Championship team.
    The BBC mobey is peanuts and goes into the big pot with the SKY money for divvying up amongst all clubs not just the sub-elite league teams😁

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Will we beat the first man from a corner?
    Made me laugh that. But it’s so frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Moretti.

They still check your car reg, (at Craigmillar CWRC anyway) regardless of hat choice.

Beef.

Hahahaha.

Underneath the coats.

Cadden off the bench.

@hibs.net private member
    I want the championship to continue and the winners promoted. Hearts and Dundee bring more to to the league than Hamilton and co. The government has provided each championship club £500k to help them get testing down and run their clubs to the end of the season. If the pandemic gets worse, god forbid, then maybe we look at scrapping the season but then it would be sensible to look to restructure the leagues with full time teams with under soil heating and no plastic pitches in the top league. The economy is going into meltdown this year and I doubt that many clubs will come close to having the same income for the next couple of seasons. Players will find that contracts for 3 years on £1.5k-£3k will not be available to the majority. We are moving into even stranger times and Scottish football should start preparing now for the massive economic fright that coming. But we won’t, we will continue with our partisan way of looking at everything as the game in Scotland contracts even further.