hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Didn't matter though did it?
    Brilliant. So we're agreed that mistakes shouldn't be placed under a microscope if the outcome's good!

So maybe dozens of posters on this site could stop doing the same with Jack Ross then?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Delighted with this news 💚

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot he won those two cups all by himself. And no winning the strangest man of the match decision when Benji and Fletcher scored two goals apiece doesn't change that.

2016 final he was genuinely like having a man down at times. Gives Miller a free header that he somehow hit the bar with in the first half and risks giving away a penalty by pushing Waghorn over in the box at the start of the second.

Those last two sentences are just about the biggest contradiction I've ever seen. Read it back.

I get really baffled by the hatred some people have for certain players, it's quite amazing that so many managers have deemed him good enough to pull on the Hibs jersey 500 times, he is a current Hibs legend, cracking wee player and one of the nicest guys off the pitch you'll ever meet.

In his latest interview he acknowledges the fact he's getting near the end of his career and is delighted to help out the young lads coming through with both Mackie and Doig praising him for his help. I'm happy with this contract extension which will help the 2 youngsters develop and give us experienced cover, don't rule him out starting many more games rather than sitting on the bench.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Excellent news 💚

It's good news, still a decent player.

@hibs.net private member

Lewis Stevenson

Deleted, as don’t want to fuel those who are negative on this appreciation/ celebration thread ...

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Brilliant. So we're agreed that mistakes shouldn't be placed under a microscope if the outcome's good!

So maybe dozens of posters on this site could stop doing the same with Jack Ross then?
    Mistakes matter, but in the grand scheme of things you're picking out mistakes from a game that took place 5 years ago. Know your audience a bit better and maybe wait until there's actually cause to criticise someone instead of slagging off a living, playing legend on a thread congratulating their new deal.

Both of those things happened in that cup final - yes or no?
    they did happen,however theywere a long way from the positive/good things he did in the final though or are you to blinkered to admit this.?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    There’s always some numpty to ruin it eh?

Nice one Lewis. Legend.

Great news about Lewis - 500 games and counting, a 100% professional and fantastic ambassador for the club ...

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

We'll readdress that if Jack Ross wins the League and Scottish Cup.

Fan-bloody-brilliant ! The term legend gets thrown around, but this man is deserving of it.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I get really baffled by the hatred some people have for certain players, it's quite amazing that so many managers have deemed him good enough to pull on the Hibs jersey 500 times, he is a current Hibs legend, cracking wee player and one of the nicest guys off the pitch you'll ever meet.

In his latest interview he acknowledges the fact he's getting near the end of his career and is delighted to help out the young lads coming through with both Mackie and Doig praising him for his help. I'm happy with this contract extension which will help the 2 youngsters develop and give us experienced cover, don't rule him out starting many more games rather than sitting on the bench.
    I still think he will start a reasonable number of games because that’s what happens with him.

If he’s doing that then it’s limiting the development opportunities for the other two though. Not so much of an issue for Doig but Mackie can’t really just be considered a young laddie that needs to develop any more, needs to play regular at his age. Lewis coming in for one from time to time is fine but I’m not sure there is space for all three.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Pleased to hear, he still has plenty to offer.
    Both on the pitch and off it as a mentor to younger or less experienced players. Today is a good news day.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We'll readdress that if Jack Ross wins the League and Scottish Cup.
    That’s genuinely embarrassing if you’re trying to compare winning trophies as a left back in a team of eleven (and arguably being the weak link in both teams) with winning them as a manager.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Both on the pitch and off it as a mentor to younger or less experienced players. Today is a good news day.

I'm sorry, I forgot he won those two cups all by himself. And no winning the strangest man of the match decision when Benji and Fletcher scored two goals apiece doesn't change that.

2016 final he was genuinely like having a man down at times. Gives Miller a free header that he somehow hit the bar with in the first half and risks giving away a penalty by pushing Waghorn over in the box at the start of the second.

Those last two sentences are just about the biggest contradiction I've ever seen. Read it back.
    Man down

Easily one of the dumbest posts I've read on here. Absolutely shocker.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That’s genuinely embarrassing if you’re trying to compare winning trophies as a left back in a team of eleven (and arguably being the weak link in both teams) with winning them as a manager.
    You mean the one when he was MOTM?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

This post is one of the strangest I've ever read on here and that's saying something. It's beyond obsession. You must have even less regard for all the managers who have played him over the last 14 years I assume.

Well done Lewis glad to have you for at least another year and a half thoroughly deserved for a great servant to our club.

Theres only one poster on this thread that is genuinely embarrasing

It’s almost as embarrassing as using two minor happenings in probably our most famous game ever to beat a player who has been picked consistently by every manager the club has had in the last fifteen years with.

Each to their own though.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He was awarded MOTM in the league cup final.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He was awarded MOTM in the league cup final.
    According to this bladder with a mouth above Benji or Fletcher should have been awarded MOM

Money well spent.There is no sentiment in this decision.
    Lewis still has a genuine playing role at the club and has no chronic injury issue.
    He has played 14 league games this season and holding his own. Doig has played 15 and Mackie 2 (due to injury).
    Lewis has averaged over 30 league games a season over the last decade.
    He is still the best defender of the 3 left backs at the club with both Doig & Mackie far more offensive players so Lewis is a good tactical option as well.
    New contract a no brainer.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 15-01-2021 at 03:50 PM.

For me Lewis isn't first choice anymore but he's still a very useful back up and an outstanding professional for Josh Doig to learn from. Another deal is a no brainer.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    According to this bladder with a mouth above Benji or Fletcher should have been awarded MOM

That Lionel Messi's *****, isn't he?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Model professional, and a humble Gentleman. Happy with this
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Legend. Delighted for him

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    Players who each scored two goals in a cup final deserved the MOTM above a water carrier in midfield.